Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    The year is 2009, RIM promises to bring flash to all Blackberry.
    Cut to 2011 and the promise is still not fulfilled.

Blackberry OS7 does not support Flash and this is after they had officially announced they would support Flash.

A company, which continuously keep on breaking promises can't be trusted.
    DIE in HELL RIM.

Adobe and RIM announce partnership, development of Flash for BlackBerry | BlackBerry Cool

Abobe and RIM have partnered to bring Flash support to the BlackBerry Platform. Flash support for BlackBerry is regarded as one of the key factors that separates the mobile and the desktop browsing experience. Some very popular flash-based web entertainment portals like MySpace Music, desktop-grade-YouTube, and Flash games will have the opportunity to go mobile in the near future.

The mobile race to integrate these technologies is on: Symbian and the Android OSes are both aiming for early 2010 while Windows Mobile and Palms Web OS are racing to deploy this by the end of this year. Its being speculated that RIM will have a Flash 10.1 solution by summer 2010, if not sooner.

From the press release:

RIM is joining the Open Screen Project, a broad initiative dedicated to enabling standalone applications and richer Web browsing across mobile phones, televisions, desktops and other consumer electronic devices through the Adobe Flash Platform. The collaboration is expected to bring the full Flash Player browser runtime to BlackBerry smartphones.

As an industry leader for innovative smartphones and wireless solutions, RIM delivers superior mobile user experiences to customers around the world, said David Wadhwani, general manager and vice president, Flash Platform Business Unit at Adobe. Its a natural fit for both companies to work together to bring Flash technology based video and web content to BlackBerry smartphone users.
    As part of the Open Screen Project, RIM will be working with Adobe to deliver a great Flash technology experience on BlackBerry smartphones and to enable users to enjoy the exciting content and services that Flash technology developers and content creators are bringing to the Web, said Alan Brenner, SVP at Research In Motion.

Led by Adobe, the Open Screen Project includes close to 50 industry leaders working together to provide a consistent runtime environment and user experience across mobile phones, desktops, and other consumer electronics devices. The initiative addresses the challenges of web browsing on a broad range of devices, and removes the barriers to publishing content and applications seamlessly across screens.

It is the time for RIM ******* to defend RIM promises.
    Go on keep blabbering about RIM and it's greatness.

Really this what it comes down to? I understand this is the other handhelds forum, but who really gives a flying ----?

I come to PreCentral for info on my phone, to get help when needed and give help if I can.

If I really was interested in "other handelds", I'd go join their site, but to be quite honest, I'm not interested.

Don't lower yourself to the level those other pathetic losers are at. It's unbecoming and really pointless.

nuff said.

there's already enough *****/flame/troll threads, we don't need anymore.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

Really this what it comes down to? I understand this is the other handhelds forum, but who really gives a flying ----?

I come to PreCentral for info on my phone, to get help when needed and give help if I can.

If I really was interested in "other handelds", I'd go join their site, but to be quite honest, I'm not interested.

Don't lower yourself to the level those other pathetic losers are at. It's unbecoming and really pointless.

nuff said.

there's already enough *****/flame/troll threads, we don't need anymore.
    I agree with you but some people come over here and start praising RIM and then bashing HP/Palm.
    So sometimes it is good to let people see the truth that every company is evil and you have to pick your poison.
    I hear you, and I see you've been around a little longer than I, and have probably dealt with it longer as well. People generally talk the talk behind the safety of their monitor, but would they walk the walk?

It did make me chuckle a little but, it's relentless back and forth and back and forth and back and forth ...............................................
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    This is not how we handle matters here.
    We don't troll trolls.

Sledge is correct; it's relentless back and forth.

Let's drop this crusade, please.

<<closed>>