Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    This is what happens when you price a tablet under the ipad 2!(or any other tablet)
    (It will sell good....hint...hint HP!)
    Shortage of ASUS Eee Pad Transformer will not be eased until next month - Phone Arena
    Last edited by 4r4qg; 05/06/2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

    If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  2. #2  
    which is good thing. Competition is always good for customers, we will see more good quality tablet starts to go $400 maybe less near future.
  3. #3  
    The HP Windows 7 slate also had a shortage, also shipped around 10,000 units, but it was priced at $800 (maybe a little more, I'm not sure).
  4. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes. The HP Slate was backordered due to "extraordinary demand".

    You are forgetting a thing Apple iPad was not launched that time so there was no benchmark to compare a product to.

    HP should sell their Touchpad for 400$ that would be sweet and I would definitely buy it on the first day.

    HP Slate getting backordered just shows the reach of HP in corporate circles and this would come in handy for Touchpad.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes. The HP Slate was backordered due to "extraordinary demand".
    As has been made clear by many people, many companies, many CEOs including Jobs, a mobile OS tablet and full OS tablet simply are not in the same fields.

    As for the Slate's shortage, wasn't that attributed to them barely manufacturing any because they were expecting low demand and simply released the product to satisfy their contract with Microsoft?

    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    You are forgetting a thing Apple iPad was not launched that time so there was no benchmark to compare a product to.

    HP should sell their Touchpad for 400$ that would be sweet and I would definitely buy it on the first day.

    HP Slate getting backordered just shows the reach of HP in corporate circles and this would come in handy for Touchpad.
    The iPad had already been released.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post

    As for the Slate's shortage, wasn't that attributed to them barely manufacturing any because they were expecting low demand and simply released the product to satisfy their contract with Microsoft?
    Yes, and the article the OP linked to also showed they barely manufactured the Eee pad, with only 10,000 shipped. They claim 300,000 units were sold, but come on, how can you expect me to believe that when only 10,000 shipped?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions