1.    #1  
    I promised my thoughts, so here you go. Mods feel free to move this thread anywhere you like, wasn't sure where it should go. Anyway enjoy!

So the HTC Arrive arrived this week. Itís been a few days for me and I have had time to take in the OS and the phone itself to to judge how I like it. In a few words, I love it. Itís quite simply the best phone I have ever had. Not only is it fast, smooth and wonderful, but it does everything I want it to do, when I want it do something. It doesnít freeze like my BlackBerry Curve 8330 did when I first got it. It doesnít lock up when trying to send a picture via email/text.

The Hardware:

The hardware is pretty amazing. It feels like it can be dropped and would be safe (although would scratch, but still function) and I in fact did drop it in water for a few seconds and hardly any water got in the battery, and the phone works like a charm right now (other then being completely and utterly out of power, of course). The keyboard is easily one of the best keyboards I have felt and used. Itís tied with the Samsung Epic 4G -- I am a stickler for Samsung keyboards and phones. But I like the added backlit keyboard and I both love and hate the slider being stiffer then the Epic. Itís good because makes it feel less like a toy, hate it because itís hard to open it and I always touch a button I donít want to touch, either physical or virtual. Sometimes I completely exit out of what I am trying to do. Thats slightly annoying, but nothing to terrible.

Windows Phone 7 (WP7):

WP7 is a very good OS. Compared to the others out there -- BlackBerry OS, iOS, WebOS, Android -- it ranks right there at the top. I canít with good faith call it better then iOS -- but itís right there tied. Itís definitely better than the like of BlackBerry OS. Android has nothing on WP7 and WP7 is better than WebOS in some ways but fail in others (and fails in ways WebOS fans love and live on).

Things I like about WP7 is how unique it is. There is nothing like it. The best way to describe it is iOS is app centric Ė your home screen is littered with your apps. WebOS is built like a desktop Ė you scan through your appís on demand when you want, and switch apps like you do on a desktop (like OS X, actually). And WP7 is info centric. It tries itís best to give you the most info in the palm of your hands. Whether it be on your Start Screen or your Lock Screen, you see all the info you need to know. Speaking of the Lock Screen, it will tell you the day, the date and time, and any unread alert. Whats great if you have multiple email accounts, it will tell you you have 5 unread emails in gmail and 3 unread in Hotmail. Of course it does not tell you WHICH inbox has the unread emails, just that one, two or more mail boxes need some attention. Whats also great Ė or not so great, depending on your taste Ė is once you look into your inbox, it will remove the reminder that you have more unread mails. Since I do that all the time, I enjoy this feature. Others might not like it.

Notifications are good. They donít get in the way, and they let you know whatís happening. Are they better than WebOS? To be honest, I donít know. But they are better than Android and iOS. And of course better than BB OS. What I donít like is the lack of multitasking. Of course this is coming soon, but itís so annoying not being able to use third party apps like Last.FM. Itís also annoying there is no way to switch between apps. Itís one thing not being able to use the app in the background but having to go back by going to the Start Screen and choosing the app is time consuming. For a device that gets you in and out of your phone quickly, it seems kind of backwards.

Itís not all bad news, however, and I will end this first impression on a good note. Zune and WP7 music player is by far the best in the industry. I have used and loved my iPod Touch but there is nothing better than Zune and WP7 Music Player. Some might disagree, but mostly itís because Zune wants you to spend money and the players (and the phones) donít come cheap. But it is worth every penny. So do I like WP7? Yes. Is it good enough for me to stay and not leave? Ask me in thirty days when I release my 30 Day Review!
    I have to agree with the zune.. Bc of wp7 I'm looking at getting a zune HD.. I juggle between Android WP7 and I have my dedicated webOS phone.. I was going to do an in depth on each but I honestly dont have the time.. But so far your first impressions match up quite nicely .. And I really think that it has a great chance.. I recommend it to my customers over BBerry..

Cant wait for your 30 day follow up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I have to agree with the zune.. Bc of wp7 I'm looking at getting a zune HD.. I juggle between Android WP7 and I have my dedicated webOS phone.. I was going to do an in depth on each but I honestly dont have the time.. But so far your first impressions match up quite nicely .. And I really think that it has a great chance.. I recommend it to my customers over BBerry..

Cant wait for your 30 day follow up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I defintly agree that windows phone 7 has a future. Next year when Nokia starts making phones with windows phone 7 that's when the platform will really start to take off.

And thanks! Glad you like it! =]
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I still use my Zune HD for music, and only occasionally listen on my Pre...
    I think i'm switching to WP7 after the Mango update.
    what about the calandar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    what about the calandar?
    I think the WP7 calendar is all-around the best available on any mobile OS. It's fast to load, very efficient to add events, has a great Agenda view, and handles event invitations through Exchange with not a single problem. The 2 issues that may be a problem for some is that there is no week view, and only the main Google calendar syncs. If you rely on multiple Google calendars from the same account, you may not like the WP7 calendar.

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk