Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    I know many people in my office, whom uses outlook very often and have setup mail in their iphone or android phone.

But I know many non office friends of mine, whom uses calendar often to remind them of birthdays, appointment,meeting and other things.

So not having mails can be forgiven but not having Calendar,Chatting and Contact apps can't be forgiven.
    I am not saying that they are not important --- I am saying that the importance may have been greatly exaggerated by bloggers.
    I think samab and KAPS should they your own section in this forum, it seems to me it's just you two are talking about the RIM. Or maybe you should exchange your IM info so have live IM, perhaps that will settle your argument little faster. So far, it's going nowhere.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    I still couldn't find any answer, why QNX copied the whole UI of WebOS, which is in the market for the last 2 years.

You keep on defending RIM just for the sake of defending.
    QNX copied the UI of WebOS and Playbook looks like a cheap copy of WebOS, end of story.
    No if and no but.
    I also don't know why you keep on with this argument --- especially when Palm is moving away from that UI by getting rid of gesture areas.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I think samab and KAPS should they your own section in this forum, it seems to me it's just you two are talking about the RIM. Or maybe you should exchange your IM info so have live IM, perhaps that will settle your argument little faster. So far, it's going nowhere.
    Very well said.

But I think I am banging my head on a wall because some one don't want to listen to other people arguments or points.
    Those people are called *******.

Let RIM ******* be happy in their make believe world when RIM is sold off or goes bankrupt then they will understand how mismanaged RIM really is.

RIM ******* are acting like the creator of Titanic, A ship which could never sink. the same way RIM can never go bankrupt or get sold off to another company.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    The problem is that you never have any points worth listening to. All you do is lose your arguments, lose your temper and then get the thread closed by the moderators.
    I only think there's one problem with RIM PlayBook, price. I have played with Playbook and honestly it's really nice device. And I loved 7 inch screen compare to my ipad. Email and calendar client, they already said it's coming out in the future, so it should be ok. If they released this device under $400, i think it could've been the best tablet on the market.

Have you seen Playbook running Android apps? it was awsome. Perhaps if I wait til end of this year, the price will go down to under $400.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    The problem is that you never have any points worth listening to. All you do is lose your arguments, lose your temper and then get the thread closed by the moderators.
    Oh I thought it was the other way round.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Have you seen Playbook running Android apps? it was awsome.
    Many people thought incorrectly that it was an emulator.

All RIM did was grab the Dalvik source code and did a straight port to QNX. RIM can do that and still keep the ported source code private because Dalvik is under Apache 2.0.
    Many people thought incorrectly that it was an emulator.

All RIM did was grab the Dalvik source code and did a straight port to QNX. RIM can do that and still keep the ported source code private because Dalvik is under Apache 2.0.
    So if I understand this correctly, android developer doesn't have to do anything, right? Playbook user can just put android app and it should run on Playbook, right? If this is the case, they got so many good apps, it's not even funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Actually its more than that. They have basically have announced that they are going to be alienating more customers, by Killing OS 6 for OS7 (which wont be compatible with playbook or any other bberies so more recoding for devs) which will than be killed off for a QNX vers for smartphones..

He stated also that even OS6 had a chance had the hardware been better... (btw I wholehartedly believe the Torch is sufficient for OS6.. Its a great phone) at launch..

Now the delays of the release of the new phone lineup.. NO other bberry will be able to upgrade to 6.1/7.0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Like I said, they had to stop production of the same phones over and over and step it up. The denial of software upgrades does hurt existing owners of halfway decent hardware and they could produce a "lite" version of sorts for them if they really wanted to. But they have to stop making underpowered and unattractive-to-mainstream-consumers phones if they want to compete with the new big guys on the block.

I actually thought the Torch was decent too. It just had an underpowered processor for a supposed flagship phone in 2010. And the screen resolution was mid range.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    So if I understand this correctly, android developer doesn't have to do anything, right? Playbook user can just put android app and it should run on Playbook, right? If this is the case, they got so many good apps, it's not even funny.
    Android developers still need to repackage their apps to the Blackberry app format. But if you look at the keynote demo video on youtube --- RIM just went to the Android app store, downloaded the Android app binaries and then repackage them. RIM didn't even have the source code for those Android apps.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Still can't get the point, why someone will buy a playbook instead of an Android tablet.

If you want to run Android apps get an Android tablet. Asus EEE Pad for 400$ is worth buying. EEE Pad is 10inch, Honeycomb based tablet,looks better than Playbook and many more advantage over playbook.

And I still couldn't find which version of Android Playbook is running.

I was thinking what is RIM playbook, the answer, which I got is it is WebOS tablet running Android application but the problem is, it is a cheap copy of both WebOS and Android.
    Android developers still need to repackage their apps to the Blackberry app format. But if you look at the keynote demo video on youtube --- RIM just went to the Android app store, downloaded the Android app binaries and then repackage them. RIM didn't even have the source code for those Android apps.
    so in theory, if I get the android app binaries, I can repackage them myself and play it on Playbook? Do you think it's possible? I only wish they lower the price on Playbook, but I can wait.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Only good thing about Playbook is,Email, Calendar, Contact, Android apps are all coming in summer.
    So guys wait for summer to end to enjoy these features.
    Only good thing about Playbook is,Email, Calendar, Contact, Android apps are all coming in summer.
    But once it comes out, and if they lower the price, i doubt it, the PlayBook is a serious contender. Rather you like it or not, it's serious threat.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Still can't get the point, why someone will buy a playbook instead of an Android tablet.
    You still don't get the point --- it is going beyond the Playbook.

RIM is going to put that "android player" on QNX-based blackberry handsets --- which will create a market for Android developers of 50-60 million blackberries a year, with very limited number of models to test app compatibility.

And RIM is doing a straight port of Dalvik, not like Motorola putting MotoBlur on top of it (causing Motorola to use older Android versions). So next year you may see a QNX-based blackberry with an Android 2.4 player vs. a Motorola Android 2.3 with MotoBlur.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    But once it comes out, and if they lower the price, i doubt it, the PlayBook is a serious contender. Rather you like it or not, it's serious threat.
    Yeah the same way Touchpad is a serious contender.
    Let Playbook fulfill all its promise and let Touchpad come out this summer and then we will talk.

Btw you don't know the saying, Promises are meant to be broken.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    There are third party email apps waiting for app approval for the Playbook right now, don't need to wait for the "android player".

http://crackberry.com/amail-blackberry-playbook
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    You still don't get the point --- it is going beyond the Playbook.

RIM is going to put that "android player" on QNX-based blackberry handsets --- which will create a market for Android developers of 50-60 million blackberries a year, with very limited number of models to test app compatibility.

And RIM is doing a straight port of Dalvik, not like Motorola putting MotoBlur on top of it (causing Motorola to use older Android versions). So next year you may see a QNX-based blackberry with an Android 2.4 player vs. a Motorola Android 2.3 with MotoBlur.

Yeah right in 2019 when RIM(sorry Microsoft) launches a QNX based handset, Android developers will rejoice.

You are totally right how could I miss this point, QNX handsets.

Just like the way Playbook is going to have Calender, Email and other apps,Perfect.

Yeah we have to live in the future because the present is so horrible, I definitely see your point.

2012 RIM will do this and 2013 RIM will do this and so on.

But in 2011 RIM is going to file for bankruptcy. I can see this future for them.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Yeah we have to live in the future because the present is so horrible, I definitely see your point.
    The present is a difficult OS transition. It is going to be long and RIM is going to **** off a lot of developers --- just like the mojo to enyo transition.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast