Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It Looks like There is move to make things smaller!

Veer has a competitor! HP better get people on the band wagon with theirs so they can be the trendsetters!

Sony Ericsson announces new generation of Xperia Mini and Mini Pro smartphones -- Engadget
    Maybe seeing that another company values this market will silence the "no one wants a tinyphone" crowd for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherard View Post
    It Looks like There is move to make things smaller!

Veer has a competitor! HP better get people on the band wagon with theirs so they can be the trendsetters!

Sony Ericsson announces new generation of Xperia Mini and Mini Pro smartphones -- Engadget
    Wow! It has a 1Ghz processor & can record 720p HD video, nice! Too bad it runs Android.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Now here was a telling post in the comments

"Its sort of the male version of the HP veer ."

lol - sadly I think a lot of people think of the veer that way
    Dan
    Has a card slot at least for more storage.
    Sony doesn't actually mention the dimensions of the phone. It says it has a 3 inch display, compared to the 2.6 inch for the Veer and 3.1 inch for the Pre 2. I'd say given that, it is more of a competitor with the Pre 2 than the Veer.
    It's coming in august. By that time its spec's will be behind.WAY BEHIND.
    I'm glad that someone else is seeing the marketability.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Like Tasogare, it's more for Pre 2 competition. Plus, even this phone, not many people think it's great on the comments in engadget. This phone is also going nowhere.
    I call a flop
    It's ugly to.
    I think the veer is beautiful!
    i mean look at these pics!
    HP Veer hands-on and first impressions | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Pre|central Peacekeepers

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    It's....square...
    NNJ
    ik it's so...last year......no actually 2 or 3 years ago!
    (look at the comment under you on Engadget :P)
    Last edited by 4r4qg; 05/05/2011 at 01:27 PM.

Pre|central Peacekeepers

yeah that Sony thing is just flat out ugly. No style whatsoever (strike 1) and Android (strike 2).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    ik it's so...last year......no actually 2 or 3 years ago!
    (look at the comment under you on Engadget :P)
    LOL...a lot of hate out there man.
    NNJ
    Third Quarter (strike 3) YOUR OUT!!!!!!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

to me Veer is also 2 or 3 years old design. They just shrunk our Pre. What else is new there in designing of Veer?
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    to me Veer is also 2 or 3 years old design. They just shrunk our Pre. What else is new there in designing of Veer?
    I do think HP needs to come out with a slab.

But the Pre form factor has never been the complaint, it was the build quality.
    People are loving the Pre2 - Solid build.
    The veer has been said to have the same solid build as the Pre2.

Keeping a form factor that works does just that - it works.

Many phone mfgs - even the biggest seller has kept the same form factor - that's why I think we really need a slab, and then a horizontal slider.

I see the Veer being the perfect pocket device to compliment a Touchpad.

However, I'm interested in the Pre3.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I do think HP needs to come out with a slab.

But the Pre form factor has never been the complaint, it was the build quality.
    People are loving the Pre2 - Solid build.
    The veer has been said to have the same solid build as the Pre2.

Keeping a form factor that works does just that - it works.

Many phone mfgs - even the biggest seller has kept the same form factor - that's why I think we really need a slab, and then a horizontal slider.

I see the Veer being the perfect pocket device to compliment a Touchpad.

However, I'm interested in the Pre3.
    To be honest, when Pre minus came out, i thought it was good looking phone. However, I've seen so many negative comments about the look of the phone. After 2 years later, I think Pre form is little too outdated. I am not sure a form factor actually worked in this case. I understand Palm produced really crappy quality phone and it was the biggest mistake. However, the design wasn't even top notch I think. HP could've easily changed the form, or modify a little to upto date. From Pre minus to even upto Pre 3 and Veer, nothing changed. To me, it is out-dated.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Veer will not sell like Centro did. Period. They messed up with the headset jack and charging port. Plus the battery capacity is small and non removable. Add these and make the battery last 7+ hours, it would have takers. Sony is lost too. instead of this Xperia mini , they would have gone the Droid Pro route. That would sell a million.

Bring a 3 - 3.2 inch Pixi, rename it to something professional. Then I believe HP design team has a head on their shoulders.
    I think someone should create a poll topic about this. I thought about this this morning, what if Samsung Galaxy 2, HTC EVO 3D, iPhone 4, Pre 3 and Veer, are coming out with WebOS 2.2 on it. What would you people want to buy? I want to know if we take out the OS factor, is Pre design really stand out even amount our webOS fan?

My first choice is Samsung Galaxy 2.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast