1.    #1  
    Sorry, But HP's TouchPad Is No Threat To Apple's iPad (HPQ, AAPL)

HP unveiled its iPad clone, the TouchPad today.

While the TouchPad is not a complete disaster -- it looks pretty nice, and seems to have good software -- it is NOT a significant threat to Apple's iPad.

We still expect Apple to dominate the tablet market for years to come.

Why isn't HP a threat?

It's not better than the iPad -- especially the improved iPad 2 that is already in production. The hardware and software need to be MUCH BETTER than the iPad to stand out -- a "leapfrog" product -- and they're not. Sure, there is nifty wireless "Touchstone" charging. But that's not a big deal.
    No developer advantage. Sure, "Angry Birds" is coming to the TouchPad. And the Kindle app. But this is HP playing catch-up to Apple -- not leading. The TouchPad developer ecosystem is WAY behind iOS.
    No distribution advantage. Apple has the Apple Store. Android has a massive partner network. HP doesn't have much.
    No price advantage. At least nothing that HP wanted to announce today.
    Sure, some people will buy the HP TouchPad, because some people buy everything. But we do NOT see a serious threat to the iPad here.

Read more: Sorry, But HP's TouchPad Is No Threat To Apple's iPad (HPQ, AAPL)
    Story dated Feb 9th and I read it at that time. Some of the facts are undoubtedly no longer true as review was written on an unfinished product. We are close to receiving reviews based on the finished product, I look forward to those analyses.
    Does the OP have any thoughts of his/her own or is the OP just going to plagiarize the entire article from the SF Chronicle that leads the world in Tech discussions (smell the sarcasm about the SF Chronicle). Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Does the OP have any thoughts of his/her own or is the OP just going to plagiarize the entire article from the SF Chronicle that leads the world in Tech discussions (smell the sarcasm about the SF Chronicle). Lol
    I think his avatar answers the question...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    well played, sir!
    What's with people dredging up these old articles all of a sudden?
    This thread is going from bad to worse.

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.