1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

FYI, see link below!

take care of yourselves,

Jay

Nokia's Chairman to Step Down Next Year

By REUTERS, May 3, 2011

Nokia's Chairman to Step Down Next Year - NYTimes.com

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Nokia, the world's largest phone maker by volume, has started to look for a new chairman to succeed Jorma Ollila who will step down next year, Ollila said on Tuesday.

Ollila led Nokia's transformation from a rubber boots and TVs conglomerate into a mobile phone giant in the 1990s but the Finnish technology giant has recently lost out in the smartphone market to newcomers Apple and Google. , "It was a tough year, and I expect the year ahead to be a tough one too," Ollila told the annual shareholders meeting.

"For a long time he did a great job at Nokia but then he made some mistakes that cost shareholders a fortune," said John Strand, founder and chief of Danish Strand Consult.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What if Nokia bought webOS?
    Nokia=Very good hardware
    webOS=Very good OS
    =Best of both worlds and world domination!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    What if Nokia bought webOS?
    Nokia=Very good hardware
    webOS=Very good OS
    =Best of both worlds and world domination!
    That assumes that the better part of each parter would be the part that survived. That's a bad assumption, particularly given Nokia's problems in recent times have been of their own management's making, and they would still have been in charge. The deal with Microsoft seems to involve MS managing Nokia by stealth to some extent, as far as I can see, at least as far as Elop's involvement at least.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    nokia shouldnt have bought webos but palm.

in my little world those two are somewhat similar and go together quite nice as a gut feeling (and i buy my phones heavily relying on that one).

nokia became what it was because they had the only and best ui (next to brilliant hardware). responsive, simple, beautiful and rock solid. but that was lost on the way (way back) and introduced the slow but now current death and the ui grail was taken over by apple (android wasnt even close) and since webos by palm.

in my eyes nokia buying palm would have been a perfect match for mobile ui and relyable hardware.

there were times i swore i ll never buy anything else but nokia until the pre came along.

now i can never go back because of the nokia windows decay (and of course because of the absence of webos) and i guess i ll have to deal with hardware issues and a more pc and printer focused strategy of the mother company of webos until the end of my life
    Thx guys for opinions but i think HP is the perfect fit.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>