1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

See the link for the rest the artilce.

Take care,

Jay

What RIM Must Show Us at BlackBerry World
    The BlackBerry phone lineup has fallen into a dark place. We need to see the light at the end of this tunnel.
    By Sascha Segan

What RIM Must Show Us at BlackBerry World

The BlackBerry is dying. Yes, RIM is selling a lot of BlackBerry phones, especially abroad. But look at the sad truth here in the U.S.: there hasn't been a major BlackBerry launch since last August's Torch, which has appeared only on AT&T.
    It's time for something new, something radical, and something powerful, and just sticking a bunch of touchscreens on the existing BlackBerry interface isn't it.
    Boy Genius Report has given a pretty good perspective on the type of phones that might be introduced at BlackBerry World this year, which starts on Monday. According to Boy Geniusóand remember, none of this is official, and some of it may be wrongówe could see a "Bold Touch" with a 1.2GHz processor and a 640x480 touchscreen, some sort of evolved Storm with a 1.2GHz processor and 3.7-inch, 800x480 screen, a new Torch, and a new Curve.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    i'd like to see them show us the Playbook as a complete product.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i'd like to see them show us the Playbook as a complete product.
    Hi, you hit the nail on the head!

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Is it 1.2GHz dual-core or single-core?

You see people here complaining about the Pre3 being outdated, and it's packing a 1.4GHz processor! RIM's rumored offerings are only 1.2GHz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Is it 1.2GHz dual-core or single-core?

You see people here complaining about the Pre3 being outdated, and it's packing a 1.4GHz processor! RIM's rumored offerings are only 1.2GHz.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    IMHO, 1.2 is more than enough processing power for what we ask of our devices. once you get passed 1GHz, its all about the software IMO. apple has been doing just fine in the performance department without extremely large clock speeds.

Blackberry is notorious for skimping on the hardware, but it appears to me that they are at least keeping up with the Jones' in that department. Now they need to get that blackberryOS out of the stone ages or get their tablet OS onto mobile phones.
    What I like to see at Blackberry World are native PIM applications, the Android Player and working Android apps.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    RIM right now is in a no win situation. It core user group are the corporate client and not the normal consumers.
    But the normal consumer or user like us, are making the corporate companies to change their stand on non blackberry phone use for office purpose.
    Due to this many companies are allowing their employee to get their own phone to office.
    RIM needs the consumer market to further expand it corporate maket, which the reverse was true before.
    But RIM while trying to expands it consumer market is losing share in the corporate world.
    It is the classic case of the stuck between the Devil and the deep sea.
    The next 6 months to 1 year will define how RIM will grow 5 years down the line.
    But I think they should have moved their total focus on QNX and not continue developing for Blackberry OS 6.
    Let see the developer conference to understand RIM future.