Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    not to hijack the thread(this is the only thread for SHR I have ever seen:search returns 14 results but this is the only relevant one), but when I follow this walkthrough, after the script reboots my Pre+ into recovery mode, I get the following error:
    Rebooting your device in recovery mode...
    Done!
    Extracting webos doctor ...
    /bin/sh: jar: not found
    make: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/resources/.unpacked] Error 127
    the doctor for my 2.1.0 Pre+ IS in the downloads folder like it says. Any ideas?
    OK, so I got a quick idea: The walkthrough isn't specific as to where the "downloads" folder is supposed to be that I put the doctor into. I assumed it would need to be under the working directory, but maybe not? I can't really tell from the instructions. Maybe I'm just missing it?
    The following three steps are the basic steps you need to use the fso-installer.

Create a "downloads" directory and put in there the webos version you have downloaded, something like webosxxxxx.jar .
    In our working directory (not in "downloads/" !), download the fso-installer (a Makefile http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=uti...kefile;hb=HEAD[/CODE]

Ok, First of all, you really should create a new thread to talk about SHR, since this is Android related, and ask a moderator to move the relevant posts over there.

Second, I hope you understand what you're doing and not just throwing yourself to see what happens and ask questions once your Pre doesn't boot.

From what I unsderstand from that page, you'll create a new webOS Doctor which will wipe your installation, and delete everything on your device to accommodate SHR. Are you aware of this?

Also, if you had ever done a Meta Doctor before, you should already know the naming conventions for the downloaded webOS Doctors and the way to invoke them.
    OK, so starting a new thread as requested. NuttyBunny: Yes I have read and know that the device will be wiped. I have everything backed up including a current 2.1.0 doctor to restore my phone if necessary. I have my Pre+ meta-doctor created and my Pre+ is running 2.1.0. What I'm not understanding is the error I recieve that seems to be related to the SHR install makefile not finding the doctor. The doctor is there but I :think: it may be in the wrong spot for the SHR script to be able to get to it. That's what I'm not sure of.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    what is a SHR?
  3.    #3  
    SHR
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Thanks (Button will be pressed when not on the road).
    That sounds verry interesting to me.
    Wil study that page.
    To make a proper meta doctor file you have to put the latest doctor for your device type and carrier in te downloads folder, but to know the file name you need to at least define the DEVICE and CARRIER variables in the Makefile.
    Sorry! Sorry! Forget about this, they're not using Meta Doctor
    Of course, when you finish this, you'll have to do a triple booting device and share with us how you did it!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/29/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    To make a proper meta doctor file you have to put the latest doctor for your device type and carrier in te downloads folder, but to know the file name you need to at least define the DEVICE and CARRIER variables in the Makefile.

Of course, when you finish this, you'll have to do a triple booting device and share with us how you did it!!!!

thinking of doing that
    I
    Last edited by patrickc; 04/29/2011 at 10:11 AM.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    woodmaster: SHR don't wipe webOS, install process use webOS doctor for kernel for recovery reboot... also is created backups of all in Pre(rootfs,boot,var,media..), and because Media partition in LVM (Pre USB partition) is resized for creating space for SHR LVM partition, install process restore Media partition after resize. Name of doctor is not used as fullname - search only webOSdoctor* .
    You maybe must read better error message... This say that you not have found JAR... this is part of Java, then install Java for your OS

patrickc: with tripple boot is not problem, i have currently webOS21/Android/SHR and next will be soon maybe webOS145 or who know..
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    woodmaster: SHR don't wipe webOS, install process use webOS doctor for kernel for recovery reboot... also is created backups of all in Pre(rootfs,boot,var,media..), and because Media partition in LVM (Pre USB partition) is resized for creating space for SHR LVM partition, install process restore Media partition after resize. Name of doctor is not used as fullname - search only webOSdoctor* .
    You maybe must read better error message... This say that you not have found JAR... this is part of Java, then install Java for your OS
    hehehe...

Ok, ok, my mistake, now I wasn't the one that read thorougly that wiki page, I thought they were using Meta Doctor itself, but no, it's based upon webOS Internals work only.

I apologize for the confusion, yes, you should install Java

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    patrickc: with tripple boot is not problem, i have currently webOS21/Android/SHR and next will be soon maybe webOS145 or who know..
    How hard was it to install SHR along side of webOS/Android?
    Could you document how? That would be awesome!!
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by patrickc; 04/29/2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: made quote more relevant
    Install SHR with Android is same as without Android

Only actually SHR use older Bootr, then reinstall Bootr using AoP.sh if Android is already installed and SHR is installed in automatic mode. If SHR instaled in manual mode, then simply skip Bootr installation part.
  11.    #11  
    okay. So I definately already have Java installed. I use it frequently for playing Stendhal and used it for doctoring both mine and my wife's Pre recently. I checked my packages list and all good. For the backup/wipe thing, that was my understanding as well k3dar. NuttyBunny: I thought maybe I was just not understanding something about how the makefile was calling the metadoc, but I guess it's not. So the problem is still there even though I'm relatively sure the makefile is pointing to the correct doctor location(based on my reading of the actual makefile text and my average understanding of coding) So I'm still stuck here. Don't really understand what's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    okay. So I definately already have Java installed. I use it frequently for playing Stendhal and used it for doctoring both mine and my wife's Pre recently. I checked my packages list and all good.
    At least in Ubuntu, the "jar" executable doesn't come with the Sun Java Package, but with openjdk-6-jdk

13.    #13  
    oh. And will installing openJDK interfere with the Sun Java functionality? I remember openJDK not doing what I needed on some other project so I uninstalled it.
  14.    #14  
    installed and it's running now...wish me luck
    Last edited by woodmaster; 04/29/2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: wrong
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    ok.. in javasun not jar... sorry for mistake

this is for selecting default java:
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    and "which jar" show path for jar ?
    i'm not in home for confirm from what package i have jar.

but you can try little trick file.jar is defacto zip archive, then replace in Makefile
    "jar -xf " with "unzip "

edit:and also replace second ".PHONY: wget-kernel" to ".PHONY: wget-image"
    <repeat post>
    Last edited by patrickc; 04/29/2011 at 12:58 PM.
  18.    #18  
    The run was unsuccessful. Everything ran and finished except the was an error about the filesize of /media when tarring. But then I had an unbootable phone. Running a doctor now as I need my hpone for work tonight, but I will try this again.
    edit:and also replace second ".PHONY: wget-kernel" to ".PHONY: wget-image"
    I don't quite understand why you want me to do this. The makefile is wrong then?
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    The run was unsuccessful. Everything ran and finished except the was an error about the filesize of /media when tarring. But then I had an unbootable phone. Running a doctor now as I need my hpone for work tonight, but I will try this again.

I don't quite understand why you want me to do this. The makefile is wrong then?
    And what was the error?
    Maybe it was fixable

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    This could be really interesting ....

But as long as the procedure needs linux os I think I'll just pass
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast