Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    i guess it is a week or so old. i'll redownload and redo my changes to it & see what it does...did and still errored out the same. Tried manually too.
    Code:
    make memload
    Transfer nova installer to device and boot it ...
    Wait for device to come back ...
    frezframe@frezframe-desktop:~/Desktop/SAM/SHR$ make backup
    Unmounting partitions ...
     Unmounting /tmp/var
    @ this point the device comes back on(I see the webOSInternals logo appear onscreen)
    Code:
     Unmounting /tmp/root
     Unmounting /tmp/media
     Unmounting /tmp/boot
      Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
      Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2
      9 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active
    Mounting partitions ...
     Mounting /dev/mapper/store-var
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-var on /tmp/var failed: Device or resource busy
     Mounting /dev/mapper/store-root
     Mounting /dev/mapper/store-media
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-media on /tmp/media failed: Device or resource busy
    make: *** [mount] Error 255
    Last edited by woodmaster; 05/10/2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: new data
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    i guess it is a week or so old. i'll redownload and redo my changes to it & see what it does.
    git.freesmartphone.org Git - utilities.git/summary
    Several changes have been made in the last week :P
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #103  
    and after that the device just boots up webOS as though I hadn't done any of this.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  4.    #104  
    and running make install-all again nets:
    Code:
    Rebooting your device in recovery mode ...
    Done!
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
     Unmounting /tmp/var
     Unmounting /tmp/root
     Unmounting /tmp/media
     Unmounting /tmp/boot
    Mounting partitions ...
     Mounting /dev/mmcblk0p2
    Backuping all your device...
     Creating backup/f434152b/mmcblk0p1.bak
    8192+0 records in
    8192+0 records out
    4194304 bytes (4.0MB) copied, 0.740875 seconds, 5.4MB/s
    7953+478 records in
    8192+0 records out
    4194304 bytes (4.2 MB) copied, 0.760703 s, 5.5 MB/s
     Creating backup/f434152b/varfs.tar.gz
    Total bytes written: 3645440 (3.5MiB, 3.9MiB/s)
     Creating backup/f434152b/rootfs.tar.gz
    Total bytes written: 344514560 (329MiB, 4.6MiB/s)
     Creating backup/f434152b/boot.tar.gz
    Total bytes written: 10004480 (9.6MiB, 5.5MiB/s)
     Creating backup/f434152b/media.tar.gz
    Total bytes written: 269649920 (258MiB, 3.7MiB/s)
    Unmounting FSO partition ...
    Now we are resizing lvm partition to get some space for FSO/SHR ...
      Extending logical volume media to 13.00 GB
    mkdosfs 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
    Filesystem label=
    OS type: Linux
    Block size=4096 (log=2)
    Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
    515088 inodes, 2058240 blocks
    102912 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
    First data block=0
    Maximum filesystem blocks=2109734912
    63 block groups
    32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
    8176 inodes per group
    Superblock backups stored on blocks: 
    	32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632

Writing inode tables: done                            
    Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 36 mounts or
    180 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
    Restoring your data to /media/internal ...
    novacom -w run file://bin/mkdir -- -p /tmp/media
    novacom -w run file://bin/mount -- /dev/mapper/store-media /tmp/media -o rw
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-media on /tmp/media failed: Device or resource busy
    make: *** [restore-media] Error 255
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  5.    #105  
    tried novaterm in and umount /tmp/media, then exit and run make restore-media. It just hangs forever. and this leaves my phone where a battery pull is all it will respond to. then it reboots ok.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Ok, I don't know what Makefile you're using, but your log says it's NOT unmounting the partitions, it should unmount them between these 2 lines:

Total bytes written: 269649920 (258MiB, 3.7MiB/s)
    Unmounting FSO partition ...

The makefile says:
    lvm-resize: unmount unmount-fso lvm-setup

See my log here, as you can see, when i run make lvm-resize, the first step is unmounting the partitions, and yours isn't doing that

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
  7.    #107  
    got the makefile from here:
    Code:
    wget 'http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=utilities.git;a=blob_plain;f=palmpre/fso-installer/Makefile;hb=HEAD' -O Makefile
    Code:
    http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=utilities.git;a=blob;f=palmpre/fso-installer/Makefile;h=84318c42ef3e37e0c9ef310de1fb0f25b68b628f;hb=HEAD
    is the link from the scrollbar in my browser that is showing the makefile from your link above:
    Code:
    git.freesmartphone.org Git - utilities.git/summary
    the lvm-resize, doesn't show unmount as far as i see.
    Code:
    .PHONY: lvm-resize
     263 lvm-resize: unmount unmount-fso lvm-setup
     264         @echo "Now we are resizing lvm partition to get some space for FSO/SHR ..."
     265         @novacom -w run file://usr/sbin/lvm.static -- lvresize -f -L $(CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE) /dev/mapper/store-media 2> /dev/null || true
     266         @novacom -w run file://usr/sbin/mkdosfs -- -F 32 /dev/mapper/store-media 2> /dev/null || true
     267         @novacom -w run file://usr/sbin/lvm.static -- lvcreate -l 100%FREE -n fso store 2> /dev/null || true
     268         @novacom -w run file://sbin/mkfs.ext3 /dev/store/fso 2> /dev/null || true
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    I tried installing again everything seems ok and my media is empty except for a few pictures and for some reason it keeps telling me that shr has -6 when I I choose 14.0g and that it is to small and I should decrease webos config. I am picking the right device, pre plus. I can't do manual installation for same reason. Why would 14.0gb for webos and 2.0gb for shr not work?
    the lvm-resize, doesn't show unmount as far as i see.
    Code:
    .PHONY: lvm-resize
     263 lvm-resize: unmount unmount-fso lvm-setup
     264         @echo "Now we are resizing lvm partition to get some space for FSO/SHR ..."
    mmm... yes, there it is, the Makefile syntax says that in order to run the following commands in "lvm-resize", it must first complete: unmount, unmount-fso, and lvm-setup

Please, try these commands on your computer:

Code:
    make wget-stuff memboot mount unmount reboot
    You MUST get messages that it's both mounting AND unmounting several directories.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    I tried installing again everything seems ok and my media is empty except for a few pictures and for some reason it keeps telling me that shr has -6 when I I choose 14.0g and that it is to small and I should decrease webos config. I am picking the right device, pre plus. I can't do manual installation for same reason. Why would 14.0gb for webos and 2.0gb for shr not work?
    You have just one chance to select the size, after that the script won't change it again, and you have to use a series of lvm commands to make it the way you want

You can start by posting the output of:

lvm.static vgdisplay
    lvm.static lvdisplay

so running make lvm-resize command won't work? I will post output when I get near a computer!
    so running make lvm-resize command won't work? I will post output when I get near a computer!
    I think it resizes the media partition, but not the fso one, that gets left on the same size it was when created :S

We have to fix it... ("we".. hehehe... they won't give me access, well, I won't help them) :P

13.    #113  
    Code:
    $ make wget-stuff memboot mount unmount reboot
    Downloading kernel for your device ...
    wget -N --directory-prefix=downloads/ "http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images//palmpre"/uImage-palmpre.bin
    --2011-05-11 08:18:40--  http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images//palmpre/uImage-palmpre.bin
    Resolving build.shr-project.org... 78.40.125.6
    Connecting to build.shr-project.org|78.40.125.6|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 2341700 (2.2M) [application/octet-stream]
    Server file no newer than local file `downloads/uImage-palmpre.bin' -- not retrieving.

Downloading image for your device ...
    wget -N --directory-prefix=downloads/ "http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images//palmpre"/full-palmpre.tar.gz
    --2011-05-11 08:18:41--  http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images//palmpre/full-palmpre.tar.gz
    Resolving build.shr-project.org... 78.40.125.6
    Length: 83234366 (79M) [application/x-gzip]
    Remote file is newer, retrieving.

--2011-05-11 08:18:41--  http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images//palmpre/full-palmpre.tar.gz
    Length: 83234366 (79M) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: `downloads/full-palmpre.tar.gz'

100%[==============================================================================>] 83,234,366  1.55M/s   in 52s     

2011-05-11 08:19:34 (1.51 MB/s) - `downloads/full-palmpre.tar.gz' saved [83234366/83234366]

Downloading Bootr for your device ...
    wget --no-check-certificate -N --directory-prefix=downloads/ https://github.com/downloads/slyon/bootr/bootr_0.4.tar.gz
    --2011-05-11 08:19:34--  https://github.com/downloads/slyon/bootr/bootr_0.4.tar.gz
    Resolving github.com... 207.97.227.239
    Connecting to github.com|207.97.227.239|:443... connected.
    WARNING: certificate common name `*.github.com' doesn't match requested host name `github.com'.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
    Location: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/slyon/bootr/bootr_0.4.tar.gz [following]
    --2011-05-11 08:19:34--  http://cloud.github.com/downloads/slyon/bootr/bootr_0.4.tar.gz
    Resolving cloud.github.com... 216.137.33.75, 216.137.33.107, 216.137.33.113, ...
    Connecting to cloud.github.com|216.137.33.75|:80... connected.
    Length: 249872 (244K) [.gz]
    Server file no newer than local file `downloads/bootr_0.4.tar.gz' -- not retrieving.

Downloading GNU Patch for your device ...
    wget -N --directory-prefix=downloads/ http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7//org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv7.ipk
    --2011-05-11 08:19:35--  http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7//org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv7.ipk
    Resolving ipkg.preware.org... 140.211.169.161
    Connecting to ipkg.preware.org|140.211.169.161|:80... connected.
    Length: 110866 (108K) [text/plain]
    Server file no newer than local file `downloads/org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-4_armv7.ipk' -- not retrieving.

Rebooting your device in recovery mode ...
    Done!
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
     Unmounting /tmp/var
     Unmounting /tmp/root
     Unmounting /tmp/media
     Unmounting /tmp/boot
    Mounting partitions ...
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-var on /tmp/var failed: Device or resource busy
    make: *** [mount] Error 255
    No Dice!
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  14.    #114  
    I had to change the allowed size for a pre since after checking the size allowed for the preplus, it switches to call ing it a pre(vs a pre2) for the rest of the makefile and then rechecks the size allowances for a pre(which obviously errors.) The result is that the pre section near the top of the makefile looks like this:
    Code:
    ifeq (${TARGET},pre)
    NOVAINSTALLER = nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    NOVA_IMAGE_NAME = nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    IMAGEFILENAME = full-palmpre.tar.gz
    KERNELFILENAME = uImage-palmpre.bin
    DOWNLOAD_BASE_URL = "${ORIGIN_URL}/palmpre"
    ifeq ($(shell expr '${CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE}' '<' '00.5G'),1)
    $(error CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE needs to be bigger than 00.5G)
    endif
    ifeq ($(shell expr '${CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE}' '>' '15.5G'),1)
    $(error $(shell echo |awk '{print 8.0 - ${CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE}}')G is left to FSO/SHR, It is too small .\
     You need to decrease CONFIG_WEBOS_MEDIA_TARGET_SIZE)
    endif
    endif
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Code:
    $ make wget-stuff memboot mount unmount reboot
    No Dice!
    Argh, stupid Makefile

Let's see, with your device running webOS, do:
    make recover memload mount unmount reboot

That MUST do it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Code:
    --- Volume group ---
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      VG Name               store
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Format                lvm2
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      VG Access             read/write
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      VG Status             resizable
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      VG Size               15.27 GB
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      PE Size               8.00 MB
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      Total PE              1955
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      Alloc PE / Size       1952 / 15.25 GB
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      Free  PE / Size       3 / 24.00 MB
     --- Volume group ---                                                          
      System ID                                                                     
      Metadata Areas        2                                                       
      Metadata Sequence No  14                                                      
      MAX LV                0                                                       
      Cur LV                8                                                       
      Open LV               7                                                       
      Max PV                0                                                       
      Cur PV                1                                                       
      Act PV                1                                                       
      Free  PE / Size       3 / 24.00 MB                                            
      VG UUID               mpFaha-N5u0-BRul-Toi3-R1ZW-cbvz-GKcOhm
      LV UUID                WcDOQ5-NBAP-jM52-AEni-u0WI-L0Hm-lpPus5
      LV Write Access        read/write
      LV Status              available
      # open                 0
      # open                 0                                                      
      LV Size                16.00 MB
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Allocation             inherit
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Read ahead sectors     auto
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      - currently set to     256
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent major       254
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      
      Block device           254:2
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV Name                /dev/store/log
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      VG Name                store
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV UUID                TP3TWs-CxiC-G62b-eize-x8iC-2EJK-iWhBkD
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      LV Size                24.00 MB
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             3
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

# open                 0
      # open                 0                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             3
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             3                                                      
      Segments               1
      # open                 0                                                      
      Current LE             2                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       2                                                      

--- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             3                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       3
      Persistent minor       3                                                      
      Block device           254:3

--- Logical volume ---
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV Name                /dev/store/media
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV UUID                bsXPTS-jjR3-nH9o-EXhe-qu1j-S0gE-etpevv
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      LV Size                14.33 GB
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             1834
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       4
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       4                                                      
      Block device           254:4
     --- Logical volume ---
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV Name                /dev/store/swap
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV UUID                GswQTo-G5kZ-C9tt-NAPC-i8Jk-G7UU-FA1YWP
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      LV Size                104.00 MB
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             13
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       5
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       5                                                      
      Block device           254:5
      --- Logical volume ---
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV Name                /dev/store/mojodb
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV UUID                vJk2Er-bZfy-3p00-hZPA-S6n2-7eQ2-Tg4Ksq
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      LV Size                144.00 MB
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             18
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       6
      --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       6                                                      
      Block device           254: --- Logical volume ---
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV Name                /dev/store/filecache
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      LV UUID                O5vS8J-yzYT-2xL6-zEg9-jR13-Q1pV-SoTW2g
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      LV Size                136.00 MB
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Current LE             17
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
      Persistent minor       7
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               4                                                      
      Persistent minor       7                                                      
      Block device           254:7
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 05/11/2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Mannyfrehest:

Extracting from your very long post (something seems to be VERY wrong with your terminal program), we can see this:

Code:
     --- Logical volume ---                                                        
      # open                 1                                                      
      Segments               1                                                      
      Persistent minor       4                                                      
      Block device           254:4
    I advice that you select 13G for webOS, this should leave about 1.3G for SHR. Maybe even 13.5 could work.

This is the Media partition, there are other partitions with various sizes, so, in reality you just have (right now), 14.33G for apps and data. This is true for Pre Plus and Pre 2 from what I've seen.

sorry I tried copy and pasting in a hurry and things seem to be doubled and other weird things, when I tried posting. terminal is fine

I searched for the /dev/store/fso and it don't exist so if I choose 13.0g In my make this should work?
    sorry I tried copy and pasting in a hurry and things seem to be doubled and other weird things, when I tried posting. terminal is fine

I searched for the /dev/store/fso and it don't exist so if I choose 13.0g In my make this should work?
    Yep

20.    #120  
    Actually managed to get SHR installed on my Pre+ but it won't boot SHR. Bootr allows me to boot webOS and it allows me to select SHR, but then it just reboots and I get back to the bootr select OS screen. Will post a full step by step of what I did when I have the time to do so. The only big difference from what I was doing b4 is I put the device into recovery mode manually by plugging into the PC with up volume button held and device off. Used most recent makefile and the most recent manual installation instructions on the SHR page. Has anyone successfully used bootr on a pre+ to boot an "other" OS than webOS? Nutty, you're dual booting a pre2 with SHR correct? Just wondering if bootr is the issue?
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ