Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    And who says size doesn't matter
    Apple FAIL!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Ok, not to be an Apple apologist here, but the reason for the extra thickness is due to the proximity sensor. The color white (or lack of color that is) causes the proximity sensor to malfunction, or not work at all. Basically they had to make the material react like black and the sensor to react the the material.

It's not as easy as simply changing the color. Honestly, I am surprised they did it with such little variation in size. .2mm? I mean come on. That's hardly a fail.

I am really having a hard time feeling sorry for case makers. The cost of creating their cases is less than 50 cents sometimes and then the retail is 30 or more dollars. Oh, and if you switched from an iPhone black to the white, you obviously have more money than you know what to do with, so buying a new case isn't gonna be a big thing.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

actually I think jobs recently said the issue on the white iPhone was that the internal components were exposed to too much UV light and the had to filter it out...maybe that's why it's thicker?
    UV light can trigger the sensor when interacting with the white. Either way, no big thaing....

Atleast Apple pays attention to the small detail. If they intentionally made it thicker due to the some camera sensor or some UV light, I give big thumbs up for their engineer to fix this issue. As average buyer, they probably never noticed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Atleast Apple pays attention to the small detail. If they intentionally made it thicker due to the some camera sensor or some UV light, I give big thumbs up for their engineer to fix this issue. As average buyer, they probably never noticed it.
    Exactly... how many people even use mechanical pencils anymore.

Apple FAIL
    RIM FAIL
    Android FAIL
    webOS FAIL

ah, the makings of a reasonable discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Apple FAIL
    RIM FAIL
    Android FAIL
    webOS FAIL

ah, the makings of a reasonable discussion.
    lol Right
    except the webOS FAIL that's wrong!!!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Look at how insecure we have become to find the smallest thing to insult about other devices.
    I saw it more as the iPhone case makers complaining about their products not being white iPhone compatible, which is kind of silly. Simple solution, just come out with a 'white' line of cases and sell more products!

iPhone was a little thin anyway, probably gives it a better feel being thicker. I'm sure some people will see it as a positive and buy it wanting to see what its all about.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    It's year old phone for goodness sakes!!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    It's year old phone for goodness sakes!!
    This!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ik the people that buy this are going to cry when they see the new summer hardware from Android and webOS!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Two women at my job are getting the iPhone 4 this weekend, just because it is white.

lol i do agree though they don't. DARN APPLE MINDSHARE

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    If you were to ask the average person (meaning the majority of people) which phone (iPhone 4 or Nexus S 4G) was newer, they would shrug their shoulders.

The majority of people care more that they can now buy the white iPhone 4 than the fact that it is almost a year old. Im sure a lot of people think it is new.

Two women at my job are getting the iPhone 4 this weekend, just because it is white.
    For me,
    I usually buy at least 6mos old.

Most bugs have been worked out, and it drops drastically in price.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post

lol i do agree though they don't. DARN APPLE MINDSHARE
    If Palm released the solid product like Apple, they probably have more than 3% market share. Don't blame on Apple, blame it on Palm. Hopely HP can fix it in the future.
    Case making is not as simple or as inexpensive as you guys seem to think. In a past life, I worked at a plastic injection molding factory. Every time there was a new thing to be made, a new mold had to be made. Plastic molds are--to put it simply--huge chunks of steel that have cavities machined out of them to fit the shape of the object you are making. They are enormous--takes a forklift to move them--and very expensive to make. The only way you can make money off of this process is to sell a whooooole lot of whatever you are making.

So I can understand why case makers would be upset, having to re-tool for a difference of .2 mm or whatever it is, especially if the white iPhone turns out to be a limited run item, or if it simply does not sell as well.
    They are not hurting: they are still making the case for the biggest selling single phone (iPhone4) of all time. They could be selling them for another phone model - and have a tenth of the potential users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast