Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Now here's something I didn't expect!

Motorola Mobility ships 250,000 tablets, beats estimates | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News

I'm hoping most of those were the wifi version because the data version is a rip off how it went out the door!!

Shipped and sold are two very different numbers. I'm more interested in how many Xoom's have actually sold to consumers. Everywhere I go that sales the Xoom I always ask if they have one in stock; I've yet to find a location that was sold out.
    Last edited by barkerja; 04/28/2011 at 08:59 PM.
    That's true. But I didn't think they even had enough demand to ship 250K!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Shipped and sold are two very different numbers. I'm more interested in how many Xoom's have actually sold to consumers. Everywhere I go that sales the Xoom I always ask if they have one in stock; I've yet to find a location that was sold out.
    You can question the iphone and ipad as well. All you have is mostly asians lining up and buying these apple devices so that they can send them to places in Hong Kong --- but they haven't been sold to end-users yet. These devices are on the shelves in ma-and-pa stores in Hong Kong --- grey market inventory.
    lol... they may be buying them to ship to asia and resell them at a higher cost but it is different.

The difference is that they 'bought' them.... the register has rung... moola has been collected... they have been 'sold.' not just 'shipped' to store and sitting in inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    You can question the iphone and ipad as well. All you have is mostly asians lining up and buying these apple devices so that they can send them to places in Hong Kong --- but they haven't been sold to end-users yet. These devices are on the shelves in ma-and-pa stores in Hong Kong --- grey market inventory.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    lol... they may be buying them to ship to asia and resell them at a higher cost but it is different.

The difference is that they 'bought' them.... the register has rung... moola has been collected... they have been 'sold.' not just 'shipped' to store and sitting in inventory.
    Moola has been collected as well. Best Buy bought those Xooms and can't return them to Motorola for a refund.
    iPad went to end consumers, even if they are scalpers. I bet Best Buy did not spend $600(wifi) or $800(data) a piece.

Barkerja is right, but even the fact that they shipped means they had some type of demand. Though it's possible they overestimated the demand. If the Xoom isn't moving, someone will have to agree to a price cut, just like the first Galaxy Tab.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    iPad went to end consumers, even if they are scalpers. I bet Best Buy did not spend $600(wifi) or $800(data) a piece.

Barkerja is right, but even the fact that they shipped means they had some type of demand. Though it's possible they overestimated the demand. If the Xoom isn't moving, someone will have to agree to a price cut, just like the first Galaxy Tab.
    Scalpers sometimes lose money as well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123