1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I have never used a Kindle, as I get my books from the Library of Congress' National Library for the Blind and Disabled. However, I do realize that ebooks are catching on.

The balance of the article can be found at the link listed below.

Take care,

Jay

Amazon Kindle eBooks targeted by scammers
    By David Chernicoff | April 25, 2011, 6:02am PDT

Amazon Kindle eBooks targeted by scammers | ZDNet

With somewhere on the order of one million titles available through the Amazon Kindle store, you can be assured that there is likely something for everyone’s reading tastes to be found. You can be equally sure that no one at Amazon has read every title on their virtual shelves. Nor should they have to; while history is replete with incidents of people trying to bowdlerize the content of reading material, there have always been bookshops that were willing to fight the good fight and make available content that some segment of society has found objectionable.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The Kindle 3 is still by far and away the best ebook reader available. No one can match it's battery life. I charge it about every 4 weeks and thats with reading about 3 novels. The e-ink can't be compared to any LCD screen because it's sole purpose is to provide a reading experience as close to paper and ink as possible without eyestrain. It accomplished just that. In my opinion, either you get a dedicated ebook reader for reading, or buy a tablet for web surfing. Tablets suck big time for reading though.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, I had no idea that the battery had that kind life to it....

I have never used or saw any of the ereaders in person.

I listen to audio books recorded in a proprietary format by the Library of Congress' National Library for the Blind and Disabled, LOC/NLS. I use a dedicated player called the Victor Reader Stream &The battery lasts about 3 to 4 books approx 100 books fit on a 16 gig SD card....that is my portable player...the LOC/NLS gives us a larger machine that I use at home.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Thats cool. I don't really know how long the battery life would be on the Kindle 3 if you used audio all the time. Good to hear they make decent portable players for the blind though.