1.    #1  
    Hi all

Please keep in mind, before any fan boy/girl goes after me, I don't write these articles, I'm just posting them!

I have supplied the link to reach the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

IPhone Stored Location in Test Even if Disabled .

By JENNIFER VALENTINO-DEVRIES, TECHNOLOGY, APRIL 25, 2011

IPhone Stored Location Even if Disabled - WSJ.com

Apple Inc.'s iPhone is collecting and storing location information even when location services are turned off, according to a test conducted by The Wall Street Journal.

The location data appear to be collected using cellphone towers and Wi-Fi access points near a user's phone and don't appear to be transmitted back to Apple. Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Still, the fact that the iPhone is collecting and storing location data—even when location services are turned off—is likely to renew questions about how well users are informed about the data being gathered by their cellphones. The fact that the iPhone stores months' worth of location data was disclosed by two researchers last week.
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 04/25/2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    Hi all,

Google also keeps tabs on us as well...

The balance of this article can be found at link listed below.

Take care,

Jay

Big Apple, Big Google, Big Brother
    By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | April 24, 2011, 5:15pm PDT

Big Apple, Big Google, Big Brother | ZDNet

In some ways, all the uproar about Apple saving location data on its iOS device users is old news. Guess what? Big Brother, or Big Google, also collects geo-location information from its mobile, Android-powered devices. Itís like anything else in computing: geo-location can provide great services and resources, but it can also be abused.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I had a good dumbphone and sold it. I'm reconsidering, lol. Some dumbphones have almost smartphone-like features these days.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I had a good dumbphone and sold it. I'm reconsidering, lol. Some dumbphones have almost smartphone-like features these days.
    Hi Diva,

When I was a kid thru age 33 I lived next door to my Aunt & Uncle, it was a semi attached house. we had a "power phone" which was surplus army navy, much as was used in the TV Show M*A*S*H...if we needed to speak to each other you would bang on the common wall, which meant to go pick up the phone...I often think we have come a long way since then...but at what cost???

take care,

Jay
    Knowing where you've been or being able to track you helps the Apple Friend Bar provide better service.

New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    But, you donít post this, which explains what he thinks is going on and not some hit piece that you posted...

geothought: The scoop: Apple's iPhone is NOT storing your accurate location, and NOT storing history
    Dear Miss/Ms/Mrs/Mr. SoFly...This may surprise you, but I do have duties and responsibilities during my day..therefore I cannot read every article out there about every phone and every platform....

I put my disclaimer about my posting b/c most times I post anything that is less than perfection about the Iphone someone jumps down my throat...therefore PLEASE post what every you want, but please remember not to be so wounded when your Iperfection phone takes some criticism....after all it is an Iphone not the hand of G-D!

Take care,

Jay