1.    #1  
    There is a front-page article on PreCentral.net about the Transformer:
    Android Central opens up the Asus EeePad Transformer [the competition]

The Asus Transformer is the first tablet that with a snap on keyboard becomes a netbook. Asus has made some of our past Treo's and other phones and computers for a variety of labels. Here are a couple of excerpts from the Android Central review:

It's an IPS display, which is the same kind of screen technology you hear Apple raving about...scratch resistant Gorilla Glass from Corning.

...mini HDMI..and a microSD card slot. And unlike the Motorola Xoom's, it actually works.

The keyboard dock has...a full-size SD card slot.

At the bottom of the keyboard dock is an honest-to-goodness trackpad with mouse buttons.

It's a perfectly capable Honeycomb tablet. But it should be, given Google's close watch over it's latest baby. But it's not enough for the Transformer to merely look like and pretend to be a laptop. We've tried that with with Motorola Xoom and a Bluetooth keyboard, and it's a pretty disconnected experience. Work a little on the keyboard, then you have to reach up and touch the screen. Type, reach. Type, reach. That's no good.

From the moment you connect the Transformer to the keyboard dock, it ceases to be a tablet. It automatically recognizes its new purpose and kicks into laptop mode. No settings to worry about. It just works. But it's the little things that Transformer gets right after that that really make it one of a kind.

You get an Android tablet. And an Android laptop. And that's something nobody but ASUS can yet offer.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/23/2011 at 09:26 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Per the ASUS EeePad Transformer pricing and availability:

16GB - $399. 32GB - $499. Optional keyboard dock - $150. Available April 26 in the United States at:
    • Amazon.com
    • American TV
    • B&H
    • Best Buy
    • BJ's
    • Buy.com
    • Datavision
    • Fry's
    • HH Gregg
    • J&R
    • Micro Center
    • Newegg.com
    • Office Max
    • Office Depot
    • PC Richards
    • Sears
    • Staples
    • Target
    • TigerDirect.com
    • Walmart

Add a 32GB microSD card for under $60 and a 32GB SD card for under $50 to the $399 base unit + keyboard and you are at 80GB for about $650.

If you are looking at the Transformer, Xoom, and iPad 2 side-by-side, which would you pick?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/23/2011 at 09:16 AM.
    I am intrigued by this... I want to see it in person. I might actually regret buying an ipad2 to carry me over the touchpad...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    THIS could be the touchpad's real competition. So far there really has not been an Android tablet that, IMO, would draw the average person away from the I-Pad (True Apple-phile I-pad people are going to be I-pad people no matter what and true Apple-haters would go to anything else). The Touchpad has the chance to be THE alternative to the I-Pad, but if this Transform takes off, its now a three-way race.
    This looks amazing! A great thin and light android tablet. A wonderful media laptop with 16 hrs battery life.

For $400 + $150

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Great price point

Sent from my Evo - so there!
  7.    #7  
    The $399 Transformer 16GB is back in stock at Bestbuy.com. The 32GB is sold out again. A 16 GB microSD can be picked up for $26 later if you need it. Or add 32 GB for $55.

The Transformer has an IPS display, 1280x800 high res, HDMI, 1080p, 5MP, Autofocus, Zoom, LED Flash, and HD Record. Comparison.

The $150 keyboard doc "transforms" it into a netbook with added battery, SD card, mouse pad, etc.

Transformers typically sell out almost immediately after a store gets a shipment. Asus is up to 8,000 units shipped a day but it is not enough.
    Not gonna lie, this is the only tablet I'm considring aside from the TouchPad. I'm hoping my brother gets a transformer so we can one day compare them side by side.
  9.    #9  
    This is a record. Best Buy still has the Asus Transformer in stock a day later. They must have gotten in 20,000.

Asus - Eee Pad Transformer Tablet / NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor / 10.1" Display / 16GB Storage Memory - Brown/Black
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    This is a record. Best Buy still has the Asus Transformer in stock a day later. They must have gotten in 20,000.

Asus - Eee Pad Transformer Tablet / NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor / 10.1" Display / 16GB Storage Memory - Brown/Black
    Just checked, Best Buy still has stock. I cannot imagine how many they must have gotten in...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

That was the longest BestBuy.com has ever made it. Every forum was lit up with the news that that the Transformers were in stock. They lastest 4 days this time. The rumor was that Best Buy had gottn in 20,000 this time.