1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. For the balance of the article please go to the supplied link!

Take care,

Jay

Apple to Ship New iPhone in September: Sources
    By REUTERS, April 20, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Apple's next-generation iPhone will have a faster processor and will begin shipping in September, three people with direct knowledge of the company's supply chain said.

The production of the new iPhone will start in July/August and the smartphone will look largely similar to the iPhone 4, one of the people said on Wednesday.

The iPhone -- introduced in 2007 with the touchscreen, on-demand application template now adopted by its rivals -- remains the gold standard in the booming smartphone market.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    i guess they don't have a problem with revealing release dates
    We know the iphone will be released with iOS 5. This is near certainty because you don't let a major OS update get released without new hardware. That's just something Apple wouldn't do. Every review of the new iphone would also include any new iOS 5features. It's just marketing 101 for Apple.

We know that iOS 5 will be previewed in June with probably a beta release. This takes a few months or so before the official release.

We won't see an iphone in June. It's too late. iOS 5 would've been needed to be shown off by now to make this happen.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    September is still summer (until sept 21 or 22 I forget which).

Which means that this will be what the Pre3 will be competing with. I know for us it isn't about spec sheets but we're already losing on spec sheets with the 4.

Does it even matter if the pre3 launches a week or two before the iPHone 5? Everyone will be waiting to see what it is and hold off.
    there was a german article bout a leaked video featuring a potential iphone "version" with more ram and a new "app switcher" aka multitasking ui.

sorry in case of known already.

64-GByte-iPhone mit Exposé-artigem App-Switcher gesichtet | Mac & i
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    September is still summer (until sept 21 or 22 I forget which).

Which means that this will be what the Pre3 will be competing with. I know for us it isn't about spec sheets but we're already losing on spec sheets with the 4.

Does it even matter if the pre3 launches a week or two before the iPHone 5? Everyone will be waiting to see what it is and hold off.
    I don't see the iphone as a big worry for the Pre. HP is aiming at prosumers. The Pre 3 is seen as a business phone by HP. I can't imagine HP launching a big consumer marketing plan for this kind of device.

People interested in the Pre are probably less worried about specs and more focused on its having a portrait kb.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    i guess they don't have a problem with revealing release dates
    If by "they" you mean "Apple", "they" haven't!

This could all still be untrue, and the iPhone 4s/5/whatever could still ship in the summer, sales of iPhone 4 will hold up until then, and Apple will be blameless. Not that I'm that cynical, oh no!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...