Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
  1.    #1  
    These tablet makers really need to step up their game. They make it seem like apple is the only company that can do anything right. Blackberrys Playbook which most of us assumed HP would eventually sue because of the multi-tasking interface. Well, in any case, the playbook doesn't come loaded/stock with PIM apps (ie email). Their solution was to have the playbook sync with a blackberry device via the much hyped "bridge" function. If it sounds like touch2share that's purely coincidental. Anyway, today is launch day and at&t decided to nix the bridge function because it will allow ppl to bypass being billed for tethering by at&t. So what the new owners have discovered is a tablet with NO and I repeat no PIM. I didn't bother putting the cnet link because that's too funny and sad at the same time.

    this brings me to ask well carriers try to nix touch2share too especially the calling features and tethering? IMO seems like the carriers weren't ready for the tablet wave...or smartphones...maybe they still think people still carry pagers.
  2. #2  
    This is AT&T and their usual crazy crap. NO OTHER US CARRIER blocked the bridge. I don't think even Verizon did. There's no real tethering. You're just mirroring the phone's PIM and email(Blackberry of course) over bluetooth. I've seen no indication that you can surf the entire web. RIM's page doesn't say that.

    "Wirelessly connect to your BlackBerry® smartphone for real time access to email, calendar, address book and task list, using BlackBerry® Bridge™"

    One Canadian carrier might have also blocked Bridge though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    They make it seem like apple is the only company that can do anything right.
    Actually it is the exact opposite. AT&T gave the farm away to get the iphone, then the iphone became the trojan horse and bite AT&T in the ***. Now RIM gets sideswiped in the process.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Blackberrys Playbook which most of us assumed HP would eventually sue because of the multi-tasking interface.
    To be fair "most" people know very little about copyright law. They just say sue em for copying you.
  5. #5  

    The Playbook is in good company for 1st timers:
    Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

    We all know that 1st impressions mean nothing. RIM just needs to continue with awesome QNX...
  6. Mr Bigs's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    These tablet makers really need to step up their game. They make it seem like apple is the only company that can do anything right. Blackberrys Playbook which most of us assumed HP would eventually sue because of the multi-tasking interface. Well, in any case, the playbook doesn't come loaded/stock with PIM apps (ie email). Their solution was to have the playbook sync with a blackberry device via the much hyped "bridge" function. If it sounds like touch2share that's purely coincidental. Anyway, today is launch day and at&t decided to nix the bridge function because it will allow ppl to bypass being billed for tethering by at&t. So what the new owners have discovered is a tablet with NO and I repeat no PIM. I didn't bother putting the cnet link because that's too funny and sad at the same time.

    this brings me to ask well carriers try to nix touch2share too especially the calling features and tethering? IMO seems like the carriers weren't ready for the tablet wave...or smartphones...maybe they still think people still carry pagers.
    Read a little more on the subject before you post stuff like this. AT&T just received the bridge app and hadn't finished testing it in time for release.
  7. #7  
    I'm still in shock by that manufacturers are selling tablet hardware like a buggy piece of software that will give you what you paid for after a couple "patches". Apple delivers on what it promises. They may not promise as much as Google, RIM, or HP, but they don't sell you a product and tell you to hang tight while we work on getting you what you paid for.

    Coming in last to the game, HP's launch of the TP has to be flawless. At least as far as critics are concerned, superior OS doesn't matter, more features don't matter, price doesn't matter, its all about delivering a polished and refined product. Which appears like only Apple can deliver out the gate.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    OK, I guess I'll just sit and wait for a carrier to approve an update so I can browse and read email on my brand new tablet. After all, how long could that possibly take?
    It's true that RIM should have not shipped an incomplete tablet. But AT&T and their red tape is simply out of hand. How can they be the only US carrier to hold up the Bridge? What people suspect is they want to figure out how to charge for or cripple the Bridge. No other US carrier is doing this, and it makes AT&T look like the crappy carrier they got rated as in Consumer Reports.

    AT&T holds up quite a few things BTW.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #9  
    We are also talking about the iphone that had buggy baseband codes that put extreme strain on cellular towers and sends random SMS. 4 generations of iphones and not a single generation can be regarded as a decent handset for making phone calls.
  10. #10  
    Guess what, not overseas. US carriers truly aren't up to par.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Guess what, not overseas. US carriers truly aren't up to par.
    Actually it's the other way around. When the 3G iphone came out, wired.com did a survey on 3G speed --- AT&T came out with the third fastest 3G iphone in the whole world. That's the reality --- AT&T looked very bad because they are constantly being compared with Verizon. But the first opportunity to compare AT&T with international carriers, AT&T turned out to be far better than most of the other overseas carriers.
  12. #12  
    i bet pb doesnt sell because of the multitasking ui that palm didnt sell either...

    just kidding
  13. #13  
    Well for starters I know two carriers in Canada are already discounting the thing. And this was just launched yesterday.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Actually it's the other way around. When the 3G iphone came out, wired.com did a survey on 3G speed --- AT&T came out with the third fastest 3G iphone in the whole world. That's the reality --- AT&T looked very bad because they are constantly being compared with Verizon. But the first opportunity to compare AT&T with international carriers, AT&T turned out to be far better than most of the other overseas carriers.
    And yet overseas people do not have the complaints US people do. Their data works fine and fast, and they can take calls.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well for starters I know two carriers in Canada are already discounting the thing. And this was just launched yesterday.
    I thought only the wifi version was out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And yet overseas people do not have the complaints US people do. Their data works fine and fast, and they can take calls.
    If you only drive on Sundays, you would think that there is no such thing as traffic jams. You are not going to notice network problems if you only have a couple of hundred voice minutes a month and you only have a couple of hundred MB data allowance per month.
  17. Mr Bigs's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    OK, I guess I'll just sit and wait for a carrier to approve an update so I can browse and read email on my brand new tablet. After all, how long could that possibly take?
    You don't have to run out and buy a damn thing do you ? Just wait !!! You'll see when the Touchpad comes out.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If you only drive on Sundays, you would think that there is no such thing as traffic jams. You are not going to notice network problems if you only have a couple of hundred voice minutes a month and you only have a couple of hundred MB data allowance per month.
    How about in North America? Rogers Canada gives 6GB of data from what I've read(or they did). People complain about the carrier with good reason, but I've never seen the widespread complaints about iPhone getting no service. Even Verizon iPhone users have reported less dropped calls. AT&T and AT&T only has the widespread complaints. It's also AT&T who admitted their high speed network was not ready, yet sold phones claiming high speed. I'm sorry, but it's all on AT&T IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How about in North America? Rogers Canada gives 6GB of data from what I've read(or they did). People complain about the carrier with good reason, but I've never seen the widespread complaints about iPhone getting no service. Even Verizon iPhone users have reported less dropped calls. AT&T and AT&T only has the widespread complaints. It's also AT&T who admitted their high speed network was not ready, yet sold phones claiming high speed. I'm sorry, but it's all on AT&T IMO.
    I am Canadian --- wonder how Bell Canada and Telus Canada can afford to jointly build a redundant HSPA+ network when they each already have their ev-do networks. We are talking about only 3 national carriers, 3 year contracts with ETF that is as high as $720 in Canada.

    We are talking about very high concentration of Canadians (something like 60-70% of the total population) living within a couple of hours drive from the US border. We are talking about the same finite radio spectrum resources for 30 million Canadians vs. 300 million Americans.
  20. #20  
    AT&T oversold their network, it's been proven too many times. Their own actions show they oversold their network. Remember the "please use more wifi" and "we need to educate people on what a gigabyte is", even though at the time people were paying for unlimited data? Selling millions of a top selling smartphone with unlimited data, then unable to handle it when people actually wanted to use the data they were paying for? Where do you think their paltry bandwidth caps came from? To control expanding data usage. But they keep releasing data intensive phones. Of course they expect to collect on overages too. They aren't fooling anyone with their "stories".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions