Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    AT&T oversold their network, it's been proven too many times. Their own actions show they oversold their network. Remember the "please use more wifi" and "we need to educate people on what a gigabyte is", even though at the time people were paying for unlimited data? Selling millions of a top selling smartphone with unlimited data, then unable to handle it when people actually wanted to use the data they were paying for? Where do you think their paltry bandwidth caps came from? To control expanding data usage. But they keep releasing data intensive phones. Of course they expect to collect on overages too. They aren't fooling anyone with their "stories".
    Yet with all the complaints --- it turns out the AT&T ain't that bad when compared to overseas carriers.

The original iphone plan in Canada was so BAD that Rogers had to back down and changed it.

Compared to AT&T iPhone 3G data plans, Canadians get screwed by Rogers

Grass ain't greener on the other side.
    Well I'm aware that Canadian carriers <rip> customers, but trust me, AT&T is no saint either.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/24/2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: language
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Well I'm aware that Canadian carriers <rip> customers, but trust me, AT&T is no saint either.
    I never said that AT&T is a saint --- but they are very far from being the devil when compared to the other carriers around the world.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/24/2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: language in quote
    We'll have to agree to disagree. AT&T is getting worse and worse for consumers to line it's own pockets.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #25  
    I wonder how many playbook launch owners got home, opened the box, flipped the power switched and said "hmm I don't see a calendar, contacts, or email applications. I guess i'll read the manual". In two days it's an email to blackberry support. 3 days later customer service responds with 'features not supported at this time'.

At that point I'm sure a little ager starts to set in for the new playbook owner.
    Was it common knowledge that you have to bridge your Blackberry at first?

Was it common knowledge that you have to bridge your Blackberry at first?
    For people that visit tech websites, it was common knowledge that to get PIM features you had to bridge to a Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    For people that visit tech websites, it was common knowledge that to get PIM features you had to bridge to a Blackberry.
    The PIM features will come to the PB when 3 or 4g models arrive. This was done this way for security reasons and their are two totally different OS's.
    According to this story (see link below), Verizon "re-evaluating" whether to carry Playbook.

Very interesting as I assume from the Pre3 Verizon leaked screenshot, that Verizon has committed to a Pre3 (and a TouchPad).

Looking more and more like HP made the seasoned veteran's choice in delaying TouchPad release, I hope they debut with enough quality apps to have a good launch.

Verizon May Not Sell The BlackBerry PlayBook
    well the playbook sold way more tablets then expected on the first day it was over 50,000 and it's expecting to sell 500.000 in the next 3 month
    it's prooven ppl love blackberry with all the bashes imagine without?!
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    That means not common knowledge. Was RIM advertising to mainstream? I read Ellen gave her audience PlayBooks. If they never made this clear(so we all know) that you need a BB at first, you do have to lay some blame at their feet. Even their own web page does not specifically say you need a BB at first, it just says you can bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
    The PIM features will come to the PB when 3 or 4g models arrive. This was done this way for security reasons and their are two totally different OS's.
    That's not really an excuse if they did not make it loud and clear that you need a BB with the wifi version at first.

Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    well the playbook sold way more tablets then expected on the first day it was over 50,000 and it's expecting to sell 500.000 in the next 3 month
    If the article I quoted above is correct, namely that Verizon is re-evaluating selling the Playbook, then it shows the carriers have little confidence for an initial launch with features "coming soon" in this competitive market. And not just because of customers staying away. But also learning from what happened with the Pre, the carrier salesforce makes up its mind based on initial reception and it is hard to change their minds once this has happened.
    If HP learns this lesson from what happened to the Pre with Verizon (and Xoom and Playbook), and launches the Touchpad when it is feature and app rich, that will have been a really valuable point that could be the difference between success and failure.
    Maybe they can just release the Verizon PlayBook version when the PIM is ready. Verizon won't make any money off the wifi version anyway unless they sell the mifi along with it like they did with the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Many BB users are still loyal, that's why they sold.

Here is the story again and this time from the WSJ as reported by sister paper Barrons:

April 21, 2011, 9:25 AM ET

RIM: Verizon Waffling On PlayBook, Says WSJ

By Tiernan Ray

The Wall Street Journal’s Roger Cheng and Stuart Weinberg this morning report Research in Motion (RIMM) has yet to convince Verizon Communications (VZ) to carry its “PlayBook” tablet computer, despite having previously indicated Verizon would be among the retailers...

RIM: Verizon Waffling On PlayBook, Says WSJ - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    It may be because of Xoom backlash. It wasn't ready and I haven't seen that the 4G radio is ready still, so perhaps customers aren't happy. But all RIM needs is the PIM ready on time in June) or better yet, earlier. Then perhaps we will see. Although honestly I think they really should have had a better time line than June. People would like to use the tablet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    I'm still in shock by that manufacturers are selling tablet hardware like a buggy piece of software that will give you what you paid for after a couple "patches". Apple delivers on what it promises. They may not promise as much as Google, RIM, or HP, but they don't sell you a product and tell you to hang tight while we work on getting you what you paid for.

Coming in last to the game, HP's launch of the TP has to be flawless. At least as far as critics are concerned, superior OS doesn't matter, more features don't matter, price doesn't matter, its all about delivering a polished and refined product. Which appears like only Apple can deliver out the gate.
    Please don't include HP in your comment about not delivering when comparing to Apple, you have no idea what HP is going to deliver out of the gate. And there were many thing Apple did not have in their first iPad. Don't forget that, and they still do not support flash. They have had many software upgrades, and the iPad2 was a fix of the things they got wrong in the first release. So let's not put Apple up on a big pedestal, and start acting like they are the only one who can build a first rate tablet. The iPad cameras are low quality, VGA on the front, so it's far from perfect.

HP's other products are front line, some of the very best in the tech industry. I suspect that the Touch Pad is going to be in that same category. Let's not judge what they do and don't release until we see the product.
    It's not "perfect" and I don't think anyone claimed it was. He's talking about following through with promises and meeting expectations. (not to be confused with wish lists by the media, but actually delivering what they said).

And Apple has an excellent rep in that area, the white iPhone being one of their few failures to deliver in recent history.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast