Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    White iPhone 4 used to demo new multitasking, Spotlight search in 'test version' of iOS? (video) -- Engadget

    I've always prefered my Pre over my iPhone for the following reasons (in no specific order):

    1) Multi-tasking
    2) Notifications
    3) Just Type
    4) Physical Keyboard
    5) Replaceable battery
    6) Support for homebrew
    7) Synergy

    This new version of iOS (prototype) apparently fixes 1 and 3 and slowly cuts into webOS' advantages. I wonder if notifications is improved if it will convince webOS users to switch? I am pretty confident that4, 5, and 6 will never change with Apple, but aside from ideology is homebrew that important when you have a well polished OS and tons of apps? Is a replaceable battery that important when you get great battery life and there's a plethora of charging cases and accessories?

    I'm not sure how iOS handles information from various accounts. I'd be shocked if it's as nicely as webOS does.
    Last edited by pavvento; 04/19/2011 at 10:28 AM.
  2. #2  
    According to the article it's an unreleased early version of 4. Show's that Apple is playing with many different concepts for iOS 5. Can't wait to see what they do for notifications.
  3. #3  
    I think iOS 5 will take some major strides in the right direction, but that doesn't mean webos has lost. The battle is about to begin.
  4. #4  
    iOS Multi task view looks better than webOS. Almost make me want it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I am pretty confident that4, 5, and 6 will never change with Apple, but aside from ideology is homebrew that important when you have a well polished OS and tons of apps?

    I still think (as I have said elsewhere) that's Palm's adoption of homebrew, while nice for the users, particularly users in HERE, is a huge negative for Enterprise.

    No one at that level wants to introduce a phone that is so easy to "officially" mod.
  6. #6  
    iOS jailbreak community is bigger than webOS homebrew community, except it's illegal in iPhone world.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    iOS Multi task view looks better than webOS. Almost make me want it.
    I bought my mother an Ipad 2 and after a week I started getting low memory messages?!? Me thinks iOS's multitasking needs more work.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I bought my mother an Ipad 2 and after a week I started getting low memory messages?!? Me thinks iOS's multitasking needs more work.
    I've never seen that error message on either ipad 1 and 2. That's something wrong with your ipad2.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I've never seen that error message on either ipad 1 and 2. That's something wrong with your ipad2.
    Agreed; I'm in an environment with probably over a dozen in use and have never even heard of that.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I bought my mother an Ipad 2 and after a week I started getting low memory messages?!? Me thinks iOS's multitasking needs more work.
    You sure it wasn't a pre-released TouchPad?

Posting Permissions