1.    #1  
    The reason I have a Pixi is the form factor. That's what brought me to WebOS. Got to have a bar phone with a keyboard on it. Right now, the only choices on Sprint that meet that requirement are the Pixi and CrapBerries. If there had been a Motorola Charm on Sprint, I probably would have had that instead.

Now there's this:

Meet the Replenish | Introducing the new Samsung Replenish™

Samsung Replenish. Android 2.2, a tiny bit larger than the Pixi (who doesn't complain about the Pixi's small screen), and... Sprint is waiving the $10 Premium Data fee on this phone. It's part of their "eco-friendly devices" series.

Eco-friendly Devices | Sprint proudly continues to offer eco-friendly devices perfect for who you are and how you live.

Not giving up on my Pixi, but it's good to see some competition. Whatever I get next... I'm so used to inductive charging now I don't think I could go back.
    Last edited by Syndil; 04/17/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Wow. There are a couple of solid Android candy bar phones now. I'm a fan of that form factor too and Black Berry is not an option.

Pixi will stay in my pocket for a while. I love my Touchstone and more importantly webOS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Pixi will stay in my pocket for a while. I love my Touchstone and more importantly webOS.
    Oh yeah, I agree. Although I have to say I love the Touchstone more than WebOS. I agree that WebOS is nicer than Android, but I could live with Android. I couldn't live without my Touchstones. I'm so over cables. I'm just glad to see that the manufacturers haven't given up on the form factor. There is no "Pixi 2" in the works that I'm aware of.

Also that part about waiving the $10 premium data fee might be a pretty enticing carrot for some people.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  4.    #4  
    There is also a solar charging door accessory for the Replenish. That does sound pretty gimmicky, but it does mean that the phone is already set up with the necessary contacts to take a charge via the door. Might be fairly easy to modify it for use with a Touchstone. How about a solar/Touchstone door? That would be fairly awesome, I think.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Samsung has been doing phones with solar panel backs for some time. Here is GSM solar phone from 2009:

Samsung Blue Earth Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Companies like Solio have been making external solar-panel/backup batteries for some time that work with almost any phone with a micro USB port. Here is a review of one from Android Central:

Going green: The Solio Rocsta-i hybrid solar charger | Android Central
    I don't think that Android is well suited for a Pixi like form factor. The Android OS, like iOS scales up well, but not down. Like the form factor, but give me webOS.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    with so many miniature blue tooth keyboards arriving... I'm less wishing for a candybar form factor. And if I get a tablet, my phone will be more phone and less screen/keyboard. I think that's who devices like the droid pro haven't done very well.
    for example, I could imagine getting a little wallet for a Veer and a keyboard like many ipad users do...

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    for example, I could imagine getting a little wallet for a Veer and a keyboard like many ipad users do...

Wow. That would be slick. How hard would it be to enable Bluetooth keyboard functionallity?