Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    The problem is for HP that by the time they have a product to complete with the iPad, the iPad 3 will be out. The past year doesn't offer much evidence that HP can design and produce WebOS devices quickly, does it?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    The problem is for HP that by the time they have a product to complete with the iPad, the iPad 3 will be out. The past year doesn't offer much evidence that HP can design and produce WebOS devices quickly, does it?
    once webos3.0 is finalized and the switch to enyo is complete I anticipate a ramping up of production.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    The iPad 3 is not coming out until 2012. The TouchPad, last time I checked, is coming out this Summer 2011. So how is that even close to the iPad 3? And I doubt with Apple releasing the iPad 2 this year, possibly not releasing an iPhone this summer but in the Fall, that they are planning on making the iPad 2 obsolete when the very year they released the product. Anyone who seriously believes the iPad 3 is coming out this year doesn't understand how Apple works.

But they might be releasing a iPad Mini or something like that. But then again, so is HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    The iPad 3 is not coming out until 2012. The TouchPad, last time I checked, is coming out this Summer 2011. So how is that even close to the iPad 3? And I doubt with Apple releasing the iPad 2 this year, possibly not releasing an iPhone this summer but in the Fall, that they are planning on making the iPad 2 obsolete when the very year they released the product. Anyone who seriously believes the iPad 3 is coming out this year doesn't understand how Apple works.

But they might be releasing a iPad Mini or something like that. But then again, so is HP.
    The first mistake one can make when going up against Apple is trying to predict what their next move is.
    The iPad 3 is not coming out until 2012...
    The iPad 2 broke with tradition and came out a month early.

For months now, the rumors have been that the iPad 2 was a stop-gap device and that the iPad 3 will truly be the next generation and is rumored for September of this year. The point is to release a new iPad just in time for Christmas each year not just after.

The Wall Street Journal seems unerring in their Apple predictions and they are saying September.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/18/2011 at 06:26 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The iPad 2 broke with tradition and came out a month early.

For months now, the rumors have been that the iPad 2 was a stop-gap device and that the iPad 3 will truly be the next generation and is rumored for September of this year. The point is to release a new iPad just inle time for Christmas each year not just after.

The Wall Street Journal seems unerring in their Apple predictions and they are saying September.
    Releasing a month early is not that big of the break. It's still Spring 2011. However, if the release an iPad this Fall 2011 that would be a big mistake on Apple's part. A lot of people would be mad. And really, what would be different? The looks? The A5 processor is all ready super powerful. The screen res? I some how doubt it.

However, in every rumor there could be a hint of truth. I think Apple COULD be releasing a smaller tablet, with a retina display, and possibly a cheaper price. The iPad Nano. iPad Mini. Who knows?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    The iPad 3 is not coming out until 2012. The TouchPad, last time I checked, is coming out this Summer 2011. So how is that even close to the iPad 3?
    It isn't, but will the TouchPad compete with the iPad 2? It was intended to take on the original iPad, remember.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12