Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I say it's great.. at least one tablet has gestures

Did she bring up owning a webos phone? I could see the sales guy saying it's "like" WebOS if she had prior experience.
    wife has an evo. I have the pre. She used my pre to play games all the time before she had her evo and just had a centro.

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I went to play poker with some friends and I realized that we were playing with cards. Suspicious, I looked a little closer and sure enough, recognized the all too familiar interface from webOS. I believe that Bicycle Playing Cards is ripping off Palm's IP and they should sue.

Guys, I love cards, but they belong to Palm about as much as the term "app store" belongs to Apple.
    from my limited exp with the playbook, its more than just cards. the interface even looks very similar.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    one good thing about the playbook: it will teach people how to use gestures and cards.

it's unfortunate that rimm will be the one to get credit for developing that UI.

oh well, like they say, 'you snooze you loose.' wake up hp!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskate View Post
    I think you confused the Touchpad with the Playbook right there. lol
    Gah, see, it's happening to me too! Darn you, RIM!

HP has to bring attention to the public that the cards metaphor came two years earlier with webOS. People can't come to believe that RIM is responsible for this awesome UI design.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would go back to the store she was at and say something like .. so.... this is webOS ay ?!
    My BB rep called it webos 3 months ago.. But he said "A web OS" .. I think I made a thread about it :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I think HP will not let people get confused given their advertising budget.
    This is a very good reason they did not come out with a small one because they Can have a commercial that says the 10 inch TouchPad is also compatible with Pre3 and Veer. People will likely not confuse them when the TP is released. My hunch.

I too am in the camp that HP is sitting and waiting, having drafted up some papers and keeping them on hold. It won't be for copying the interface specifically but for a general advertising (even if unofficial) of this as a web OS, which is misleading.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    for the record... It's "eh" ....
    So if Canadian's say "eh" and Mexicans say "si", logic dictates Americans must say "bee"....but that's a whole different thread altogether
    Do people from Tierra del Fuego sleep a lot then?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12