Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Miami Herald: Review: BlackBerry PlayBook falls short, especially

Inforworld: InfoWorld reviews RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: A useless, unfathomable

CrackBerry is the most positive: "So did the BlackBerry PlayBook hit the ball straight out of the park? Not quite..."

I had a chance to watch an official BlackBerry rep doing a demo for several people at a Best Buy.
    Eventually the question came up about Email.
    You need to bridge to a BlackBerry phone.
    What about messaging?
    Where are the contacts?
    How do you see the calendar?

By then there was only one BlackBerry guy still watching. It was sad.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/26/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Yes, that's the problem all along, only fully usable for BB users right now. It would greatly benefit RIM to get the PIM apps out earlier than June.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Despite the many negative reviews. The Playbook is selling and the future looks good.

BlackBerry PlayBook: Seven Things I Like - BusinessWeek

"There's no doubt that RIM will have to work at making the PlayBook a more attractive tablet. But the foundation for a positive PlayBook exists, with my list of likes supplementing the optimism in Om's initial PlayBook review. Now it's up to the company to attract developers, add some missing features, and continue maturing the already excellent QNX operating system. The last bit is very likely to happen, given that RIM's future smartphones will use QNX, too."

Can't wait to get a BB QNX phone. Until then, I will stick with my Pre Plus...
    Windows Phone and BlackBerry struggle to attract developer attention

Looks like RIM and Windows 7 are losing their edge when it comes to developer support. RIM supposedly down from last quarter, but then I suspect everyone except Android and IOS are down software support wise. I'm hopeful HP gets some products to market ASAP, since it is kinda hard to generate support without devices on sale to create apps for. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Despite the many negative reviews. The Playbook is selling and the future looks good.

BlackBerry PlayBook: Seven Things I Like - BusinessWeek

"There's no doubt that RIM will have to work at making the PlayBook a more attractive tablet. But the foundation for a positive PlayBook exists, with my list of likes supplementing the optimism in Om's initial PlayBook review. Now it's up to the company to attract developers, add some missing features, and continue maturing the already excellent QNX operating system. The last bit is very likely to happen, given that RIM's future smartphones will use QNX, too."

Can't wait to get a BB QNX phone. Until then, I will stick with my Pre Plus...
    The negatives are mainly because of no PIM apps and not many popular apps available. The hardware gets good reviews. Get out the apps, RIM!! And things will get better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The negatives are mainly because of no PIM apps and not many popular apps available. The hardware gets good reviews. Get out the apps, RIM!! And things will get better.
    Samsung Hardware are much better than RIM one so please stop with the excuse of Hardware is good accept the fact that right now Playbook is horrible may be 3 months down the line it may be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Samsung Hardware are much better than RIM one so please stop with the excuse of Hardware is good accept the fact that right now Playbook is horrible may be 3 months down the line it may be ok.
    The PlayBook may be horrible for you but it is Awesome for me. Enjoy seeing why QNX has a brighter future than webOS.

It's funny how several reviews say the hardware is decent. It's the software that's lacking.

What's with the extreme hate for the PlayBook?! Or is it hate for RIM? Yes they've done some things I question too. But how come you weren't on Motorola's chops for releasing their overpriced disaster? If anything, they deserve more hate!

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It's called envy, no Touchpad, No Pre 3, The playbook hardware is way better than alot of the tablets out there. As good as the Ipad and the cameras are the BEST on any tablet bar none. Mine is fast, smooth the HD video I shot is amazing as good as my buddies expensive HD video camera. Granted the apps are not as numerous as android or ios, but there coming fast. Webos is cool, I like it as much as I do QNX, but don't compare what exists and works with something that doesn't exist and can't even get dev's to develop for it. As far as 10 inch vs 7 inch, not fair to compare, thats personal choice. If you need to bash the playbook remember, it's on the market and it's being developed for, Where's the Touchpad? " Oh yeah I forgot, sometime this summer"
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    It's called envy, no Touchpad, No Pre 3, The playbook hardware is way better than alot of the tablets out there. As good as the Ipad and the cameras are the BEST on any tablet bar none. Mine is fast, smooth the HD video I shot is amazing as good as my buddies expensive HD video camera. Granted the apps are not as numerous as android or ios, but there coming fast. Webos is cool, I like it as much as I do QNX, but don't compare what exists and works with something that doesn't exist and can't even get dev's to develop for it. As far as 10 inch vs 7 inch, not fair to compare, thats personal choice. If you need to bash the playbook remember, it's on the market and it's being developed for, Where's the Touchpad? " Oh yeah I forgot, sometime this summer"
    Envy for a peice of **** device called playbook, that was really a good joke. A device, which is a tablet but it is acting like a browser because all the important apps are not there.
    If you real want to compare Playbook then stop comparing it will Touchpad(as it is not released) and start comparing with iPad2 and Android 3.0 honeycomb tablets.
    Asus EEE pad sold out itself on the opening day and that is seriously some superb device and btw it is 100$ cheaper and it got more apps than your playbook.

Btw regarding coming this summer, I was trying to find email,calendar,movie and contact app in playbook but I couldn't locate them because you have guessed it correctly they are coming this summer(next 2month is summer time).
    Whenever Touchpad launches it would be better than playbook as it will definitely have movie, calendar, contact and email app at launch time.

Right now playbook is only targeted for Blackberry user and even they are not buying it.
    For RIM ******* if you really think all this bashing is unnecessary for your so called wonder device(playbook), you shouldn't come to WebOS forum and keep yourself busy in your dream world at Blackberry forums.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...ck-0-a-607203/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/dead-pixels-609166/
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    The PlayBook may be horrible for you but it is Awesome for me. Enjoy seeing why QNX has a brighter future than webOS.

Btw we will see who will have a brighter future 5 years down the line,it will be WebOS as RIM will be purchased by Google and QNX would be removed from all blackberries and Android will be the OS(Skynet) to rule them all.
    WebOS all the way.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's funny how several reviews say the hardware is decent. It's the software that's lacking.

What's with the extreme hate for the PlayBook?! Or is it hate for RIM? Yes they've done some things I question too. But how come you weren't on Motorola's chops for releasing their overpriced disaster? If anything, they deserve more hate!

The only saving grace for Motorola is that they don't have loyal *******, which RIM have and people were unanimous that Xoom is a bad device while RIM ******* are pretending that Playbook is the best thing after slice bread.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Asus EEE pad sold out itself on the opening day and that is seriously some superb device and btw it is 100$ cheaper and it got more apps than your playbook.
    It just means that Asus made very few units, doesn't mean that they are really selling a lot.
    You may have to start eating your words...

RIM may have doubled BlackBerry PlayBook build plans, 4G version could launch in June | BGR

Envy for a peice of **** device called playbook, that was really a good joke.

Right now playbook is only targeted for Blackberry user and even they are not buying it.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Let RIM makes 10million piece of **** devices(playbook) but can they sell it that is a all together different question.
    Yeah right this summer they are doubling the number of playbook being made just like this summer playbook user will get Email,Calendar and Contact, good going man, I m LMAO when I read the childish statements of RIM fan boys.
    And Btw I will talk to you at this end year when Touchpad launches and its crushes playbook.

There is no use of fighting here as you can't prove anything here and neither can I.
    Let time be the best answer but I could just imagine RIM getting sold to Google and making Skynet.
    Die RIM.
    Let RIM makes 10million piece of **** devices(playbook) but can they sell it that is a all together different question.
    Yeah right this summer they are doubling the number of playbook being made just like this summer playbook user will get Email,Calendar and Contact, good going man, I m LMAO when I read the childish statements of RIM fan boys.
    And Btw I will talk to you at this end year when Touchpad launches and its crushes playbook.

There is no use of fighting here as you can't prove anything here and neither can I.
    Let time be the best answer but I could just imagine RIM getting sold to Google and making Skynet.
    Die RIM.
    I don't dispute how bad the playbook is or the criticism its received from tech bloggers.

But sales is a different animal. RIM has around 50million users and is increasing annually. Even if a small fraction of those users get Playbooks, it's a success.

Die RIM.
    Why is this sound so familiar to Palm Pre.
    1. Initial Pre release was kind of half baked os.
    2. just like RIM got fan boys, webOS got tons of fan boys.
    3. You wished RIM to get sold to Google, Palm got sold to HP, maybe HP is making Skynet.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Why is this sound so familiar to Palm Pre.
    1. Initial Pre release was kind of half baked os.
    2. just like RIM got fan boys, webOS got tons of fan boys.
    3. You wished RIM to get sold to Google, Palm got sold to HP, maybe HP is making Skynet.
    RIM has the corporate client ie the US government, so they are needed to complete Skynet.
    Google just buy RIM and fulfill the prophecy of 21st Dec 2012 end of the world.
    I'm sorry but the only childish one here is the one who keeps ranting and bashing the PlayBook likes it's Satan or something! Honestly, this hate is over the top!!

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    QNX is already skynet --- it controls Cisco's core routers, it controls traffic lights, it controls air traffic systems and it controls automatic highway tollbooths... And QNX is used in many universities like the MIT's artificial intelligence/robotics labs.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast