Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    So you are agreeing this is a half baked product as RIM are not marketing because key features are missing.
    Two month down the line atleast 10 Android tablet running on honeycomb with different sizes will be launched and Playbook will be just another tablet.
    RIP RIM.
    But in the meanwhile, they would have sold 1/2 million Playbook already.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    But in the meanwhile, they would have sold 1/2 million Playbook already.
    Post me the sales figures link.
    I just played with the Blackberry Playbook at Staples and I just LOVE the ui! It operates very smoothly and naturally! The gestures are great. If I was looking for a tablet and my only criteria was the UI and Internet access, I would now be a Playbook owner.

I will wait until June, at least, before I buy the Playbook or any other tablet. I want to see the native PIM apps, my core apps, and the Android Player before I make my final deciditon about the Playbook.

The HTC Flyer or the Asus MeMo have a huge mountain the climb before it can replace the Playbook as my number one choice in a truly mobile table.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Post me the sales figures link.
    So post me the xoom tablet sales figures and multiply that with 10 different tablets --- 10 times dismal sales is still dismal.
    I have to say that I think Motorola is worse than RIM. What RIM did isn't the best decision. But at the money and/or contracts Motorola wants, it's highway robbery to not have the 4G radio ready. And I still have not seen the date when it will be!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    So post me the xoom tablet sales figures and multiply that with 10 different tablets --- 10 times dismal sales is still dismal.
    Why r u comparing with Xoom, just give the sales figures of Playbook.
    I am highly skeptic that playbook has even sold 1000 playbook forget about 1/2 million. To prove yourself correct post the link or I will consider you as a RIM ******, who can't see his beloved company die.
    R.I.P RIM.
    Last edited by KAPS; 04/23/2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I just played with the Blackberry Playbook at Staples and I just LOVE the ui! It operates very smoothly and naturally! The gestures are great. If I was looking for a tablet and my only criteria was the UI and Internet access, I would now be a Playbook owner.

I will wait until June, at least, before I buy the Playbook or any other tablet. I want to see the native PIM apps, my core apps, and the Android Player before I make my final deciditon about the Playbook.

The HTC Flyer or the Asus MeMo have a huge mountain the climb before it can replace the Playbook as my number one choice in a truly mobile table.
    I think this is the best description of Playbook as of now. Let playbook bring bare minimum apps and then we can talk but right now it half baked product and it's software version should be 0.8 and not 1.0.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Why r u comparing with Xoom, just give the sales figures of Playbook.
    I am highly skeptic that playbook has even sold 1000 playbook forget about 1/2 million. To prove yourself correct post the link or I will consider you as a RIM ******, who can't see his beloved company die.
    R.I.P RIM.
    Because you think that there are going to be close to 10 android tablets going to be out by June --- just because they will be out by June, doesn't mean that they would be bought by consumers. 1/2 million is a number that was estimated by one analyst for the first quarter --- which will end in May. I am actually quite conservative by saying that they will sell 1/2 million by the end of June.
    Someone wanted a link that proves RIM sold more than 1000? Analyst views but there may be some merit.

Analyst: BlackBerry PlayBook sales beat forecasts | Business Tech - CNET News
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Someone wanted a link that proves RIM sold more than 1000? Analyst views but there may be some merit.

Analyst: BlackBerry PlayBook sales beat forecasts | Business Tech - CNET News
    Selling 50k tablets is not same as selling 500k tablets. ******* will buy any piece of junk in the market, if you go over to blackberry forum hundreds if not thousands of blackberry are Dead after the first update.
    Let see quarter figures to actually see if playbook was brought by people,who are not ******* of RIM.
    RIM is pushing update every single day, it is like they are treating their owner as beta tester.
    Btw analyst are predicting they may ship 500k it is not confirmed so I will take it with a grain of salt. Analyst had also predicted that Android would not have more share than iOS last year but we saw how it turned out.
    Waiting for May end sales figures to confirm that Playbook was a utter failure.
    Last edited by KAPS; 04/24/2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    wait till May and playbook will still be out selling the touchpad, oh wait, no touchpad yet? I have a playbook and the Hardware is top notch, software is as good as webos, first update locked up some playbooks, but a hard reset and update, it runs smooth as silk. I too loved my Pre and webos. But sorry H.P. your a day late and a dollar short. Just how many programs is HP going to have at the Touchpad launch, From what I hear they can't pay devs to program for it. Time will tell, maybe I will someday be back with Webos, but for now my Bold and Playbook fill the ticket for me. It's way better than their giving it credit for.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    wait till May and playbook will still be out selling the touchpad, oh wait, no touchpad yet? I have a playbook and the Hardware is top notch, software is as good as webos, first update locked up some playbooks, but a hard reset and update, it runs smooth as silk. I too loved my Pre and webos. But sorry H.P. your a day late and a dollar short. Just how many programs is HP going to have at the Touchpad launch, From what I hear they can't pay devs to program for it. Time will tell, maybe I will someday be back with Webos, but for now my Bold and Playbook fill the ticket for me. It's way better than their giving it credit for.
    I never said Touchpad is better than Playbook but Playbook is horrible in comparison to iPad2. And btw WebOS is still much better than QNX.
    Hey I can't predict the future and I think neither can you unless you are working with HP then you can. But hopefully HP will learn from RIM and Motorola mistake and not launch a half baked product.
    I am not saying they should have 100000000apps at launch but the bare minimum apps like Skype, Movie app,Music app, Calendar, Email,Contact,Office and many more.

Don't know about others but I always prefer the Original(WebOS/Touchpad) against the Pirated(QNX/Playbook).
    Don't even compare WebOS with QNX,which is a half baked product and in QNX you can't even search application,which are installed in it.
    Atleast HP has one person,who will buy their touchpad.

Man, don't compare Playbook with Touchpad compare it with iPad2 or even Xoom or Samsung Tab. Let see May's sales figure and then we will talk.
    Btw even Xoom sold 100k tablet.
    R.I.P RIM.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/24/2011 at 12:32 AM.
    Selling 50k tablets is not same as selling 500k tablets. ******* will buy any piece of junk in the market, if you go over to blackberry forum hundreds if not thousands of blackberry are Dead after the first update.
    Let see quarter figures to actually see if playbook was brought by people,who are not ******* of RIM.
    RIM is pushing update every single day, it is like they are treating their owner as beta tester.
    Btw analyst are predicting they may ship 500k it is not confirmed so I will take it with a grain of salt. Analyst had also predicted that Android would not have more share than iOS last year but we saw how it turned out.
    Waiting for May end sales figures to confirm that Playbook was a utter failure.
    I was just speaking of the fact that you said you doubted they sold more than 1000. I don't know if they'll sell half a mil or not.

Yes, current owners are early adopters(beta testers). But they're still doing better than Motorola. I'm pretty disgusted with their stunts. Daily updates means RIM is looking out for their owners. I'm not sure I'd jump on a PlayBook but I have more favorable views toward it than Xoom.

I have a PlayBook 32GB. Bought it on launch day and I love it. I played with a Xoom in a store the other week and I thought it was pretty sluggish/choppy. Also that device is way too heavy to hold comfortably for a long time.

The PlayBook has the perfect form factor for me. I love 7''. The screen is like nothing I've ever seen before. It's extremely vibrant. Watching movies on this thing is a sensation. It also has stereo speakers that sound impressively good to add to the multimedia experience.

OS is very smooth and in some ways reminds of WebOS, which is a good thing. I got a cheap blackberry phone off Ebay to try the bridge and that too is working fine. Of course this is no good for people that don't have a Blackberry, I fully realize this.

There sure are glitches but it seems RIM is cranking out updates as fast as they can. My Palm Pre wasn't quite without it's glitches either when I got it on launch day so I assume this to be normal for a brand new device with a brand new OS on it. In fact I expect glitches on the TouchPad as well because WebOS 3 too is essentially a new OS.

I don't understand the hostility and all the bashing RIM is receiving. In my opinion we should be happy that there are companies that provide alternatives to the Apple brainwashing and the mindless Android army. I for one am. I'm cheering for RIM and I'll be cheering for HP as soon as the TouchPad comes out. But it seems most journalists rather see Apple completely dominate the market.

Even in it's current state I already love my PlayBook better than the iPad. I have one at work but I never bring it home because it bores me to tears.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    And btw WebOS is still much better than QNX.
    Just because an OS bundles a bunch of apps doesn't mean that it is better. Microsoft bundling Internet Explorer (and many other apps) to Windows --- doesn't mean Windows is a better OS than other OS'es.
    Comparing underlying UNIX OSes is nonsense. They're all UNIX except for Windows 7 Phone.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I don't understand the hostility and all the bashing RIM is receiving. In my opinion we should be happy that there are companies that provide alternatives to the Apple brainwashing and the mindless Android army. I for one am. I'm cheering for RIM and I'll be cheering for HP as soon as the TouchPad comes out. But it seems most journalists rather see Apple completely dominate the market.

Even in it's current state I already love my PlayBook better than the iPad. I have one at work but I never bring it home because it bores me to tears.
    Rim problem is the device isn't finished. People complain when they have to wait, yet they complain when a product is rushed. That's why I don't mind waiting for the TouchPad. I don't expect it to be perfect -- but I expect it to have the core apps I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Comparing underlying UNIX OSes is nonsense. They're all UNIX except for Windows 7 Phone.
    Not true at all. Android and WebOS are built on Linux. RIM PB on QNX. Neither OS is Unix.

iOS is based on Mac OS-X which is built on the MACH micro-kernal architecture. However, it has actually been certified as UNIX (on the Mac).
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Not true at all. Android and WebOS are built on Linux. RIM PB on QNX. Neither OS is Unix.

iOS is based on Mac OS-X which is built on the MACH micro-kernal architecture. However, it has actually been certified as UNIX (on the Mac).
    That's the old old A/UX.

The unix wars meant that the certification efforts migrated to POSIX, which meant that QNX is the only OS out of the three to be POSIX-certified.
    Just played with Playbook at Best Buy. Very nice display, video on it looked great. touch seemed responsive but, for me, 7 inch just does not do it for the things a tablet is good for (document reading/editing, web browsing, emailing) apart from the PIM functions which, of course, the Playbook does not have.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast