Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Yeah, samab isn't "getting" it. Irregardless of whether Tetris itself does not change orientation, the PLAYBOOK UI should NOT flip 90 unless the ACCELEROMETER detects and transmits rotation 90 to the left or right. THAT is the major bug being referred to by KAPS. The app can do whatever the developer programmed it to do but that has nothing to with the OS UI.

Think of it this way, Videos on the Pre only play in landscape. If I minimize a video with the Pre held vertically (portrait) and open the browser, it should display the browser vertically because the PHONE and hence the ACCELEROMETER is in vertical orientation. Why would my browser (or the FB app) show in landscape (i.e. horizontal) orientation because of what an app does...??
    I think it is the best explanation for the problem I was highlighting but still samab is not getting the point. But I think most people in this forum agree QNX UI is buggy and till most of the major bugs are not ironed out I think playbook will be only useful for RIM people and no one else.
    RIP RIM, we will never miss you.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    I think it is the best explanation for the problem I was highlighting but still samab is not getting the point. But I think most people in this forum agree QNX UI is buggy and till most of the major bugs are not ironed out I think playbook will be only useful for RIM people and no one else.
    RIP RIM, we will never miss you.
    If you are holding a palm pre sideways to watch a movie (which the movie player app is a horizontal only app), you have to press the center button --- which is on the side (because you are holding the phone sideways) --- to minimize your movie player app into card view. Only then, you can then flick up to get rid of the movie player app.

If you are playing Tetris on the Playbook (which is held vertically), in order for you to minimize into "card view" --- but there is no phyical button on the Playbook like the palm pre --- so how are you going to design that? Do you do it the Palm Pre way --- i.e. have a "imaginary" fixed bottom to swipe up (which is really swiping sideways because you are holding the Playbook vertically). Or do you do it the RIM Playbook way --- the "imaginary" bottom is not fixed (and you swipe up on the short edge).

If you do it the Palm Pre way, then you are playing Tetris while holding the Playbook vertically and you swipe "sideways" on the long edge to minimize because you have a fixed bottom. If you do it the Playbook way, then you swipe up (on the short edge) to minimize.

Tell me how would do design your UI? You made the point that this bug is obvious. Now please offer your solution, Captain Obvious.
    Last edited by samab; 04/20/2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If you are holding a palm pre sideways to watch a movie (which the movie player app is a horizontal only app), you have to press the center button --- which is on the side (because you are holding the phone sideways) --- to minimize your movie player app into card view. Only then, you can then flick up to get rid of the movie player app.

If you are playing Tetris on the Playbook (which is held vertically), in order for you to minimize into "card view" --- but there is no phyical button on the Playbook like the palm pre --- so how are you going to design that? Do you do it the Palm Pre way --- i.e. have a "imaginary" fixed bottom to swipe up (which is really swiping sideways because you are holding the Playbook vertically). Or do you do it the RIM Playbook way --- the "imaginary" bottom is not fixed (and you swipe up on the short edge).

If you do it the Palm Pre way, then you are playing Tetris while holding the Playbook vertically and you swipe "sideways" on the long edge to minimize because you have a fixed bottom. If you do it the Playbook way, then you swipe up (on the short edge) to minimize.

Tell me how would do design your UI? You made the point that this bug is obvious. Now please offer your solution, Captain Obvious.
    You are right. Josh T. former EDITOR IN CHIEF of one of the most successful gadget magazines, and a person who has USED almost every device known, is wrong. The rest of us are wrong David Pogue is wrong, Walt Mossburg is wrong.

Which National\Global publication do you run again samab? Oh, that's right, none. Okay...

(i give up. )
    In the current state the Playbook is a DOA in my books. The Bridge would have been a good selling point if the PB had contacts, Mail and a calendar. Well, it doesn't, so touting Bridge as a replacement just feels like a bad "workaround". Furthermore, this does not give me confidence in either RIM or the QNX-OS. How so? Either BB decided these functions where not "necessary" -- unlikely imho for a company which is popular especially for these functions and not for innovative hardware or software -- or the platform is not easy to develop Apps for. Maybe there is a dev here who can give information on the last matter.

Nevertheless: RIM cut corners massively to get the PlayBook on the market asap. But why? I don't really see the point. The beta-device is up against an iPad 2 and soon the all-new, even slimmer than the iPad2, Samsung Tablets.

Not all is lost for RIM, though. They have to iron the OS, the hardware seems to be quite decent.

Oh, and I think 499 US-$ is a little bit steep for the PlayBook in the current state. I expect the PB to perform worse than RIM anticipated, at least until they cut the price.

€dith: I forgot: For the PlayBook to be the "wet dream" of a webOS-user it lacks key features. The most important ones for me are:
    - just type
    - synergy

I use Spotlight on my MacBook to launch every application, I don't want to bother scrolling through the application list. Strangely, I don't always do that on my Pre. I can't fathom why. Synergy is just perfect and improves the user experience. Did you see the integration of social media feeds to the photo app? That's pure genius. I seldom visit some sites because I only visit them when I need them (like Flickr). Bringing these feeds (or the content of these sites) into one place is perfect for people like me.

Consequently, the hardware of the TouchPad might be lacking (no HDMI, no rear facing camera...) but webOS is way ahead of the QNX OS.

There is NOTHING wrong with the orientation because you are supposed to hold the Playbook upright to play Tetris. If you hold the Playbook upright, then the "bottom" of the playbook becomes the side --- which the side gesture is to go to the next app. Just look at the youtube video I cited, the gestures rotate with the Playbook.
    Yes, there is nothing wrong. It works the way BB intended it, thus it's not a bug. However, I can easily see people getting confused and annoyed by this behaviour. It needs some time to get used to it. It just does not feel "natural". I can see now why HP opted to leave the gesture bar out of the game.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 04/20/2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    You are right. Josh T. former EDITOR IN CHIEF of one of the most successful gadget magazines, and a person who has USED almost every device known, is wrong. The rest of us are wrong David Pogue is wrong, Walt Mossburg is wrong.

Which National\Global publication do you run again samab? Oh, that's right, none. Okay...

(i give up. )
    You are right.(Btw I gave up just before you)
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts

(i give up. )
    I never said that all these reviews didn't have any merits whatsoever. Most of the reviews are correctly stating that the Playbook is an unfinished device.

I said that RIM has valid reasons to implement their UI exceptions the way that they did. Whether you agree with RIM's decision --- that's your opinion. What you can't do is --- simultaneously disagreeing with RIM's decision AND calling it a bug, because they are mutually exclusive of each other.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    In the current state the Playbook is a DOA in my books. The Bridge would have been a good selling point if the PB had contacts, Mail and a calendar. Well, it doesn't, so touting Bridge as a replacement just feels like a bad "workaround". Furthermore, this does not give me confidence in either RIM or the QNX-OS. How so? Either BB decided these functions where not "necessary" -- unlikely imho for a company which is popular especially for these functions and not for innovative hardware or software -- or the platform is not easy to develop Apps for. Maybe there is a dev here who can give information on the last matter.

Yes, there is nothing wrong. It works the way BB intended it, thus it's not a bug. However, I can easily see people getting confused and annoyed by this behaviour. It needs some time to get used to it. It just does not feel "natural". I can see now why HP opted to leave the gesture bar out of the game.
    This is a multi-year OS transition --- and RIM has to do it in an orderly fashion. It is the exact opposite of cutting corners. The iphone and certain android phones lying about their email policies (claiming that their devices encrypted emails in the handset when in actuality they didn't) --- that's cutting corners. Honeycomb is an ugly hack that is so ugly that Google can't reveal the source codes --- that's cutting corners.

Yes, RIM is launching basically an unfinished tablet --- but it just means when they do a v1.1 update to give you native email, it is going to be certifiable to government standards. Not cutting corners, just a VERY SLOW migrating process to make sure they have the codes correctly the first time --- because they are going to reuse all these codes in the next generation blackberry handsets.

I am glad that someone else agree with me --- finally --- that it is not a bug.
    Yes, it's not a bug, it's a feature and admittedly it is a big transition for RIM. However, leaving out core functionalities like contacts, Mail and a calendar is a big thing as well. RIM should've rather left out Bridge and concentrated on the bare necessities.

RIM is not Apple and the PlayBook is not attacking basically untapped grounds like the original iPhone. Especially if you're doing a big transition you should cover the basics before trying to innovate imho. That's something Microsoft forgot as well when introducing Windows Phone 7.

That's why I agree to those saying that the PlayBook in it's current form has a hard time to appeal to someone who does not own or know BlackBerry.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Yes, it's not a bug, it's a feature and admittedly it is a big transition for RIM. However, leaving out core functionalities like contacts, Mail and a calendar is a big thing as well. RIM should've rather left out Bridge and concentrated on the bare necessities.
    You made it sound out like RIM is not running as hard as they can. This is a rather long process, they have to write the native email app and have it certified by the government. We are talking about the Playbook that didn't even have portrait mode demo'ed until February.
    You made it sound out like RIM is not running as hard as they can. This is a rather long process, they have to write the native email app and have it certified by the government. We are talking about the Playbook that didn't even have portrait mode demo'ed until February.
    That was definitely not my intention I wanted to say that probably they should have waited a couple of weeks. And would it hurt if the PIM functions would've been in Beta, without government certification? AfaikAfaikAfaik $BB$ $Bridge$ $is$ $still$ $in$ $Beta$, $isn$'$t$ $it$?! $Or$ $am$ $I$ $mistaken$ $there$?
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    That was definitely not my intention I wanted to say that probably they should have waited a couple of weeks. And would it hurt if the PIM functions would've been in Beta, without government certification? AfaikAfaikAfaik $BB$ $Bridge$ $is$ $still$ $in$ $Beta$, $isn$'$t$ $it$?! $Or$ $am$ $I$ $mistaken$ $there$?
    But we are not talking about ordinary email and PIM functions --- RIM can't send out an ordinary email client without all the enterprise functions (like remote wipe). Apple can and Android can, but not RIM. And it's not couple of weeks, it's couple of months (RIM co-CEO stated 60 days).

But we can see how this thing is going to play out:

v1.0 Playbook OS is lacking in many crucial functions --- RIM rushed the launch (even though they already missed their Q1 deadline), really looked like v0.8, not v1.0.

v1.1 Playbook OS (MY numbering scheme) in 60 days (end of June) --- adds the native email/PIM/BBM functions, should have been the original playbook launch as v.1.0.

v1.2 Playbook OS (MY numbering) in "summer" (at least July to August) --- adds 3G and 4G baseband codes (for data, not for voice calls) to launch 3G and 4G Playbooks.

RIM takes the v1.2 Playbook OS codes --- and uses it as v.0.8 of BB OS 7.0 development.

Add the voice-call baseband codes, calls it v0.9.

RIM is going to take out the flash UI that is not suitable for smaller screens and put in a TAT-designed native c++ UI for handsets --- call it v.1.0 of BB OS 7.0.

The timeline suggests that we won't see a QNX blackberry until 2012.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

(i give up. )
    Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When arguing try not to fall back on something fallacious next time.

Multitasking is buggy there is no two ways to say it. It doesn't orientate itself properly when new apps are opened, for Example When Tetris opened, all the apps oriented itself to portrait mode even though the device itself was in Landscape mode. The other problem is when swiping between apps, the touch is so sensitive that most of the time to get the proper apps we have to swipe more than 1 time to get to the desired app.
    Josh T. said in his review that it was more sensitive to switch apps from "card view" on the playbook than on webOS. Doesn't mean its buggy.
    And the Tetris thing isn't a bug. That's the way the app works.

Personally I believe removing the gesture area was a great decision by HP,as it is much easier to just press the home button and see all the apps then swiping up and down the screen.

snip
    If QNX so much better than Android, why is it allowing Android apps to run on it.
    And a lot of webOS users miss the Gesture area on the Touchpad. I'm getting used to the thought of not having a gesture area, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer one.

QNX is letting android apps run on it to ease the porting to the new OS. Just like webOS has tools to make it easy to port iOS apps over the webOS.
    Its about building a platform.

I think only you are crazy about Playbook and not others people on this forum. Most people on the forum have considered QNX as a copy of webos and People here will prefer the original against the pirated version.

You are acting like a Blackberry fan boy by saying calendar,email and contact is not present so what I can do these things on browser so I don't need those apps in my tablet. So this means you are buying a 7inch browser as compared to a tablet. Great choice.

Regarding iPad competitors you are seriously over hyping Playbook. I think Samsung Honeycombs tablets will be more of a competitor to iPad than Playbook can ever think about. The advantage of Samsung on Playbook are.
    1. Number of apps.
    2. Bigger Size.
    3. Lusty Design.(It is nearly as slim as Ipad 2 is).
    4. Will have Email, Calendar and Contact app at launch.
    5. 1080p HD recording.
    6. It will be 8.9 and 10inch giving more choice for people.
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...acer-asus.html
    All of those points are debateable:
    1- Number of apps
    The BB Playbook is getting more and more applications each day. This shouldn't be a problem (But it might be a problem with the Touchpad, like Android).
    2- Bigger Screen
    RIM said more form factors are coming in the future (Like HP said there will be more members of the webOS Touchpad family in the future).
    3-Lusty Design.(It is nearly as slim as Ipad 2 is).
    I think the Playbook has a lusty design. Those who have reviewed the product agree; the only issue is the power button and that's kinda overexaggerated/the launched tablet's power button is better than the review models'.
    4-Will have Email, Calendar and Contact app at launch.
    That's available to BB users right now with Bridge. They said in June an update will bring those applications to those who don't have a blackberry.
    5-1080p HD recording.
    The Playbook can do that. And with both cameras as well.
    6-It will be 8.9 and 10inch giving more choice for people.
    See the part above about form factor.

Right now WebOS product are quite good, it has most of the basic feature for daily use except quantity of apps and it is more finished product than QNX.
    And hopefully Touchpad will be a finished product unlike Playbook, which is horrible without Calendar and contact.
    WebOS 3.0 still has work to be done before launch. And you kinda contradicted yourself here when comparing the Playbook and the Touchpad so I'll not waste any more time on this part.
    Playbook is horrible because it is missing may feature, which are required by a tablet to work properly. (Skype,Netflix and many others.)
    But may be after all the update in 2 months time Playbook will be good so instead of rushing to buy a playbook now people should wait for 2 months time and see does RIM really fulfill their promises of updating their software
    and Who knows may be the competitions come up with a more finished product(Touchpad) in that duration and playbook will look silly in comparison to them after 2 months.[B]
    I'm glad they're releasing the tablet now. Applications and software updates will come, but its a pretty solid product. Engadget gave it a 7/10 with the only issues really being software-related and going to be fixed in the next 2 months.

[QUOTE=astraith;2940899]Then you ask yourself, why not just play the 3DS you all ready have (in RIM's case, if you need you BB to check these things natively, then why not just use your BB?)./QUOTE]
    Because the product is better. It has a new OS with new features running it, and its a tablet, not a phone. Why get a Touchpad if you have a webOS phone already???
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Info world had another harsh review: RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable

"After spending a couple days with the final product, it's clear that the PlayBook is a useless device whose development is unfinished."

"In the six months since RIM announced the PlayBook, observers like me have raised concerns and questions. RIM executives basically said their customers like the direction RIM had for the PlayBook and naysayers would see the truth when the product launched. If RIM's customers really liked what they saw, then they deserve what they got.

But I doubt that RIM actually listened to customers or outsiders -- the train wreck is just too complete for there to have been anything other than heads deeply buried in sand. Still, it's one thing to see an impending train wreck and fret. It's another to view the aftermath -- it's a lot worse than I could have imagined, and it feels awful to look at it.

Why RIM chose to ship the PlayBook in such a state is unfathomable. The iPad 2 and Xoom have been out for weeks, so there's no heading them off at the pass. Instead, the PlayBook debuted with all eyes on it -- but instead of a world-class performer, we got the homeless guy who plays air guitar in front of the mall."

ouch...
    Last edited by aapold; 04/22/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    "Info world had another harsh review: RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable"

Hopefully RIM will read all the reviews and act accordingly to add the features that consumers business/non-business want and need. Should RIM have waited to deliver and more polished product? Maybe, but I'm thrilled to have a PlayBook in my hands even in its unfinished state. I wouldn't exchange my PB for an iPad 2(ebayed my iPad1) or any Android tab. I really enjoy using mines and the browser is absolutely fantastic. Updates have been coming daily so that is a good thing and shows that RIM is working.

I was and guess I still am a beta tester for WebOS (original Pre and now Pre Plus) and now a beta for BB QNX. I Love my PlayBook...
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When arguing try not to fall back on something fallacious next time.

Josh T. said in his review that it was more sensitive to switch apps from "card view" on the playbook than on webOS. Doesn't mean its buggy.
    And the Tetris thing isn't a bug. That's the way the app works.

And a lot of webOS users miss the Gesture area on the Touchpad. I'm getting used to the thought of not having a gesture area, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer one.

QNX is letting android apps run on it to ease the porting to the new OS. Just like webOS has tools to make it easy to port iOS apps over the webOS.
    Its about building a platform.
    Let Touchpad come and then we can decide if we are missing gesture area or not.
    I don't think, what WebOS is doing and what RIM is going to do in terms of apps are the same. In Blackberry case they are telling that Android apps will run in the vmware type of software but in Webos it is a native apps.

All of those points are debateable:
    1- Number of apps
    The BB Playbook is getting more and more applications each day. This shouldn't be a problem (But it might be a problem with the Touchpad, like Android).
    2- Bigger Screen
    RIM said more form factors are coming in the future (Like HP said there will be more members of the webOS Touchpad family in the future).
    3-Lusty Design.(It is nearly as slim as Ipad 2 is).
    I think the Playbook has a lusty design. Those who have reviewed the product agree; the only issue is the power button and that's kinda overexaggerated/the launched tablet's power button is better than the review models'.
    4-Will have Email, Calendar and Contact app at launch.
    That's available to BB users right now with Bridge. They said in June an update will bring those applications to those who don't have a blackberry.
    5-1080p HD recording.
    The Playbook can do that. And with both cameras as well.
    6-It will be 8.9 and 10inch giving more choice for people.
    See the part above about form factor.
    Oh man RIM ******* are difficult to deal with.
    Please stop talking about the future and talk in the present tense if you can.
    1. Number of Quality apps at launch time: None, no skype, no email,no calendar, no contact and everything else also no no no.

2. Bigger Screen: Only 1 form factor to fit them all. That is not acceptable. Personally for me 7inch sucks as it is just too small instead of getting 7inch I would get a 4.5inch phone that would serve my purpose better.

3.Lusty Desgin: You don't get the meaning of lusty it seems, the meaning is "Lustful" and Playbook is just plain boring. Please Don't ever compare Playbook with IPad2, which is the King, in term of design of the product.

4. Email,Contact and Calendar: I don't have a blackberry so RIM is saying you loser have no right to use Email,Calendar or Contact app as you don't posses the all might blackberry.
    5. Size already covered in above point
    Only point I was wrong was 1080p recording, playbook does that recording my bad.

WebOS 3.0 still has work to be done before launch. And you kinda contradicted yourself here when comparing the Playbook and the Touchpad so I'll not waste any more time on this part.
    When I was referring to WebOS product, I wasn't referring to Touchpad or Veer but I was referring to Pre2. WebOS is already a niche product and right now it is better than QNX(version 0.8, as for 1.0 you need basic apps )
    I'm glad they're releasing the tablet now. Applications and software updates will come, but its a pretty solid product. Engadget gave it a 7/10 with the only issues really being software-related and going to be fixed in the next 2 months.

Let Engadget give Playbook 11/10 but it is the people opinion
    ,which matter, and right now we have to wait for sales figures to decide. But it is not looking promising for RIM as the bad sales report keep on coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Then you ask yourself, why not just play the 3DS you all ready have (in RIM's case, if you need you BB to check these things natively, then why not just use your BB?)./QUOTE]
    Because the product is better. It has a new OS with new features running it, and its a tablet, not a phone. Why get a Touchpad if you have a webOS phone already???
    Playbook sucks and till software issues are not solved it will suck.
    Hardware alone is not going to sell till the software is great ask Apple about that. iPad2 doesn't have the best hardware but it's software is the best in the business.
    Playbook is targeted for Blackberry user and no one else.
    It is no use fighting with a Blackberry ****** it is better that the sales figure come out in the next month and then we can talk.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    Info world had another harsh review: RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable

"After spending a couple days with the final product, it's clear that the PlayBook is a useless device whose development is unfinished."

"In the six months since RIM announced the PlayBook, observers like me have raised concerns and questions. RIM executives basically said their customers like the direction RIM had for the PlayBook and naysayers would see the truth when the product launched. If RIM's customers really liked what they saw, then they deserve what they got.

But I doubt that RIM actually listened to customers or outsiders -- the train wreck is just too complete for there to have been anything other than heads deeply buried in sand. Still, it's one thing to see an impending train wreck and fret. It's another to view the aftermath -- it's a lot worse than I could have imagined, and it feels awful to look at it.

Why RIM chose to ship the PlayBook in such a state is unfathomable. The iPad 2 and Xoom have been out for weeks, so there's no heading them off at the pass. Instead, the PlayBook debuted with all eyes on it -- but instead of a world-class performer, we got the homeless guy who plays air guitar in front of the mall."

ouch...
    Well said and btw I read in one of the review, the only way to get HD videos in Playbook is through Torrent as there is no apps to download movie on it.
    I saw that. Did they mean there's no streaming app? Many people already download movies and then transcode them for portable.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    "Info world had another harsh review: RIM BlackBerry PlayBook: Unfinished, unusable"

Hopefully RIM will read all the reviews and act accordingly to add the features that consumers business/non-business want and need. Should RIM have waited to deliver and more polished product? Maybe, but I'm thrilled to have a PlayBook in my hands even in its unfinished state. I wouldn't exchange my PB for an iPad 2(ebayed my iPad1) or any Android tab. I really enjoy using mines and the browser is absolutely fantastic. Updates have been coming daily so that is a good thing and shows that RIM is working.

I was and guess I still am a beta tester for WebOS (original Pre and now Pre Plus) and now a beta for BB QNX. I Love my PlayBook...
    Besides browsing the web, what else can you do now? Also, what types of updates are you getting? I'm asking becuase I may start seeing these roll into work next week.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    If you got the Playbook on the first day, then you could have as many as 4 OS updates --- 2 official updates and 2 additional "unofficial" updates if you SIMULATE a bricked Playbook.

http://crackberry.com/install-latest...-desktop-manag
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Well said and btw I read in one of the review, the only way to get HD videos in Playbook is through Torrent as there is no apps to download movie on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I saw that. Did they mean there's no streaming app? Many people already download movies and then transcode them for portable.
    RIM is getting DLNA certification for the Playbook and yet to be finished DRM hooks, so content providers are waiting for that to finish.

With respect to torrent movies, basically all the torrent movies are encoded in 1080p H.264 high profile (which ONLY the Playbook can decode) and wrapped in mkv containers (which the Playbook cannot play at the moment). Fortunately, changing the torrent file from mkv container to the mp4 container is easy and fast. It would be in minutes instead of hours (if you have to re-encode the movie). Once you get the torrent file changed to the mp4 wrapper, then the Playbook can play the torrent movie.