Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    QNX is already skynet --- it controls Cisco's core routers, it controls traffic lights, it controls air traffic systems and it controls automatic highway tollbooths... And QNX is used in many universities like the MIT's artificial intelligence/robotics labs.
    Did you even see the movie, I think you haven't so you are commenting like this.
    Skynet controlled all the nuclear weapons so till that time QNX doesn't control it it can't be termed as skynet.
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Did you even see the movie, I think you haven't so you are commenting like this.
    Skynet controlled all the nuclear weapons so till that time QNX doesn't control it it can't be termed as skynet.
    Actually, QNX runs nuclear power plants, OnStar, the space shuttle, and US Military systems. When Google buys RIM, they won't need android anymore and QNX will dominate the world.



    About QNX Software Systems
    QNX Software Systems, a Harman International company (NYSE: HAR), is the industry leader in realtime, embedded OS technology. The component-based architectures of the QNX® Neutrino® RTOS, QNX Momentics® Tool Suite, and QNX Aviage® middleware together provide the industry's most reliable and scalable framework for building innovative, high-performance embedded systems. Global leaders such as Cisco, Daimler, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, and Siemens depend on QNX technology for network routers, medical instruments, vehicle telematics units, security and defense systems, industrial robotics, and other mission- or life-critical applications. Founded in 1980, QNX Software Systems is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, and distributes products in over 100 countries worldwide. Visit QNX Realtime Operating System (RTOS) software, middleware, development tools and services for superior embedded design.
  3. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Actually, QNX runs nuclear power plants, OnStar, the space shuttle, and US Military systems. When Google buys RIM, they won't need android anymore and QNX will dominate the world.



    About QNX Software Systems
    QNX Software Systems, a Harman International company (NYSE: HAR), is the industry leader in realtime, embedded OS technology. The component-based architectures of the QNX® Neutrino® RTOS, QNX Momentics® Tool Suite, and QNX Aviage® middleware together provide the industry's most reliable and scalable framework for building innovative, high-performance embedded systems. Global leaders such as Cisco, Daimler, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, and Siemens depend on QNX technology for network routers, medical instruments, vehicle telematics units, security and defense systems, industrial robotics, and other mission- or life-critical applications. Founded in 1980, QNX Software Systems is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, and distributes products in over 100 countries worldwide. Visit QNX Realtime Operating System (RTOS) software, middleware, development tools and services for superior embedded design.
    Does it run US nuclear plants is not the same as nuclear weapons.
    But still I can imagine Google controlling Skynet than RIM, because google doesn't do any evil things.
  4. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Did you even see the movie, I think you haven't so you are commenting like this.
    Skynet controlled all the nuclear weapons so till that time QNX doesn't control it it can't be termed as skynet.
    Did you see the tv series on fox? The beginning of skynet began with things like traffic lights.
  5. #185  
    you guys do realize that making blanket statements like the Playbook is a piece of junk and it's only going to be bought by RIM fan.boys or defended by fan.boys, isn't going to lead to a constructive discussion.
  6. #186  
    I don't understand all the people who DON'T own a PlayBook nor have a lot of experience using it keep bashing it. What kind of toddler mentality is that? Seriously?!

    I love my PlayBook. It has pretty much replaced my laptop for when I'm at home. YES it's lacking certain things right now but that doesn't keep me from already enjoying it quite a bit. For one it's the best full-web experience on a tablet currently available. Maybe the TouchPad will change that but... there is no TouchPad right now.

    I too have absolutely NO idea why RIM receives so much hate from forum users as well as reviewers. Did I miss some memo about the RIM founders grandpa having collaborated with the ****s in WW2 or something? Seriously it's that kind of thing the hate seems to indicate.

    People should get over themselves. It's a nice device. With flaws. That I'm expecting to get fixed. If you want 'perfect' my advice would be to get an Apple device. Don't wait for the TouchPad or for new Android tabs because those too aren't gonna come out perfect. Mark my words.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  7. #187  
    We have been doing really good with our discussions regarding other devices.

    Let's keep it up.

    Reminder:
    Forum Guidelines

    Thanks,
    P|C Staff

    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    you guys do realize that making blanket statements like the Playbook is a piece of junk and it's only going to be bought by RIM fan.boys or defended by fan.boys, isn't going to lead to a constructive discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    We have been doing really good with our discussions regarding other devices.

    Let's keep it up.

    Reminder:
    Forum Guidelines

    Thanks,
    P|C Staff

    <<closed>>
    <<Thread Cleaned and Re-Opened>>

    Keep it respectful please.

    Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  9. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #189  
    Ok I thought that Joshua Topolsky totally bashed this in his podcast, and it was really funny, I no longer feel worried that the playbook is going to steal HPs thunder. he went on to say that webos is a much more satisfying platform to use. He starts at about 7 minutes. This is my next Podcast 002 – 04.15.2011 | This is my next...
  10. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #190  
    So what? He gave the HP Veer a even lower score than the Playbook.
  11. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    So what? He gave the HP Veer a even lower score than the Playbook.
    Do you expect 8 or 9 point scores for entry/mid level devices like the Veer? That's only for high end devices and the Playbook is supposed to be high end.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Do you expect 8 or 9 point scores for entry/mid level devices like the Veer? That's only for high end devices and the Playbook is supposed to be high end.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I expect him to be objective and reasonable in his reviews. If he only give high scores on only high end devices, then he shouldn't even review the low end devices period. And you, as a reader, shouldn't value his opinions.
  13. #193  
    I messed around with the PlayBook at BB today and came away impressed. Obviously the lack of PIM is a dealbreaker since I dont have a Blackberry. I never thought I'd want a 7inch tablet but it might have changed my mind.
  14. #194  
    Whenever I show people my PlayBook they always like it a lot. Many people state that they didn't think it was this nice. It's definitely a whole lot nicer than reviews make it seem. I'm hoping the TouchPad will be just as nice but for now we can't buy it yet.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Posting Permissions