Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint | URL Request

How many OG Pre guys will be jumping ship??

this is the only phone that Sprint announced that has me thinking.

I love the fact that it doesnt have any bloatware on it, just plain android
    From what I have read on Androidcentral they have not confirmed what that April 14th date means. Could mean anything really. Pre order start date for Sprint stores maybe? I called like 10 Best Buys literally and none of them have a release date but they said sometime in April is likely...
    I really wanted this but the evo3d will be better in every way for only a little more.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    What does "OG pre" mean? Original pre?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    OG = Original Gangsta
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I am considering this but I will wait for the Evo3D to release and make my decision then...or if the Pre3 releases soon...

unless my Pre minus dies for good and I have to get a new phone...
    <-- jumping ship
    The Atrix is expected to be announced for Sprint when the Xoom is announced.

The EVO 3D will be out in a matter of weeks.

And the Pre 3 may come to Sprint as well.

And don't forget that Kyocera... what was it called again?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Ya I'm going to retire the OG pre for a nexus S.

Stock android no bloat - yes please
    First to get updates no waiting on carrier approval- yes please

The evo 3d looks awesome spec wise but the 3d aspect kills it for me, even though it can be turned off. All that power under the hood is going to eat batteries.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    And don't forget that Kyocera... what was it called again?
    Double Echo Fail
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I heard the nexus s won't hve a status light. HTC 3D for me. And have you seen the new lock screen? It kiiils webos's exhibition...
    Don't know if you planned on getting into custom ROMs and kernels but...

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...ons-thanks-xda
    I'll be sticking it out with HP-Palm for a while. I have no problems with my Original Pre, it meets my needs, and does so better than other OS's in most areas that are important to me. Pre 3 on Sprint this summer would be a bonus. I'll get a TouchPad to complement my Pre 3.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Stock android no bloat - yes please
    First to get updates no waiting on carrier approval- yes please
    That would be my criteria if i was moving to android.
    Eh...i think that criteria is a bit overrated at this point.

Updates that Google makes moving forward are going to be less ground breaking than say, Froyo was. Most of it is going to be background stuff that apps probably won't take advantage of until that update is on most phones anyway. Additionally, if the concern of "bloatware" or HAVING to be on the latest build are a true concern....i'd recommend just rooting...you'll be happier anyway.

While the Galaxy S is real nice, its outdated already hardware wise, and that to me is a reason i don't think I could get it at the price they are asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Double Echo Fail
    The only fail is your uninformed post. Your just going by what initial thoughts of the device would be. Like everyone has said this device is not for everyone. But it will appeal to some and with this score Kyocera Echo review -- Engadget I'd say it will sell a decent amount. Yes the thing may be **** ugly but Kyocera actually builds some quality phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Eh...i think that criteria is a bit overrated at this point.

Updates that Google makes moving forward are going to be less ground breaking than say, Froyo was. Most of it is going to be background stuff that apps probably won't take advantage of until that update is on most phones anyway. Additionally, if the concern of "bloatware" or HAVING to be on the latest build are a true concern....i'd recommend just rooting...you'll be happier anyway.

While the Galaxy S is real nice, its outdated already hardware wise, and that to me is a reason i don't think I could get it at the price they are asking.
    Its the Nexus S were talking about here not the Epic...I agree $199 is a bit steep for a 6 month old device but Sprint always charges more for their phones vs the competition because they tend to offer overall cheaper plans...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I already expressed my dislike for the evo 3d, buying a evo over a nexus is shooting yourself in the foot considering the snapdragon gpu is junk in comparison to the hummingbird. So that leaves the Epic and honestly I will be staying away from sliders for awhile.

As for being outdated hardware, take a look for yourself for being old tech it is in the top 5 or better(ignoring the dual core snapdragon V-Sync off/on double results for some test) in almost every benchmark.

Now considering the dual core snapdragon was in a device made for testing and not an actually released device. The nexus S (hummingbird cpu) did pretty damn nice job holding its own vs next gen hardware. It even surpasses the Tegra 2 in some cases.

And in the end I'm tired of waiting around for the "next" next gen device etc as I'm sure a lot of other people are.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    The only fail is your uninformed post. Your just going by what initial thoughts of the device would be. Like everyone has said this device is not for everyone. But it will appeal to some and with this score Kyocera Echo review -- Engadget I'd say it will sell a decent amount. Yes the thing may be **** ugly but Kyocera actually builds some quality phones.
    I had no idea you could gather my entire knowledge of the Echo by 3 words but w/e. Any chance you have next weeks lotto numbers handy?

My initial thoughts are the same now as they were back in february when the device was announced, the engadget review does not change what the phone is. Its going to fail, maybe not kin fail but they will be neighbors in the neighborhood of failed devices.
    No thanks. It's still Android. I'll continue to keep my OG Pre on dialysis until HP releases something for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I am not going back. If I get a nexus s it will be $10 more per month. I like paying $50.

Android is faster and more reliable in my experience with my optimus s.
    After a month it feels totally normal and webos feels werid.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast