1.    #1  
    Acer is taking orders for their Iconia 500A, and with it's hardware and Honeycomb 3 configuration priced at $449 Wifi, it looks like a more compelling competitor than Xoom and other Android based tablets for the Touch Pad. It is available now for pre order at Best Buy and online April 14. Acer it seems is pushing it more as an entertainment tablet, with hardware that can be used as a game console. It comes pre configured with two games, Need For Speed Shift, and Let's Golf. With GeForce graphics GPU, 1280x800 720P resolution, HDMI output, and 80 degree viewing, great cameras on both sides; it sounds like a real competitor in the Android tablet market and might push some who are impatient for the Touch Pad to move in this direction. Come on HP, it would be nice to hear some solid news about the TP and when it's available, getting very impatient with my Pre + -, which you did not follow up on any of your promises. I'll wait for the Touch Pad, but the Acer is a tempting tablet. Especially at that price.

NVIDIA Tegra 250 1GHz dual-core processor
    Integrated NVIDIA GeForce GPU
    1GB of RAM
    16GB of flash storage
    microSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
    802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
    Dual 3260 mAh Li-polymer batteries
    Battery life: Eight hours of gaming, 10 hours of Wi-Fi use/web browsing
    Weight: 1.69 pounds
    Dimensions: 10.24- x 6.97- x 0.52-inches

Source: Acer unveils Android-based Iconia Tab A500; HDMI, 5MP camera | ZDNet
    Don't forget there is also a 16 GB Xoom coming out.

-Suntan
    i found that hard to believe that a 3260mAh battery can last that long. I will wait for reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i found that hard to believe that a 3260mAh battery can last that long. I will wait for reviews.
    It will have 2 3260mAH batteries in it which makes it right for that power hog. However I am throwing down the BS flag for claim of 8hrs of gamming with those specs and screen size.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    It will have 2 3260mAH batteries in it which makes it right for that power hog. However I am throwing down the BS flag for claim of 8hrs of gamming with those specs and screen size.
    I'm waiting on the Touch Pad, but with dual batteries this tab will definitely fly by all the single battery tabs. I am skeptical of the 8 hours gaming too, the BS flag...LOL have not heard that since the military good one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    I bet its Sudoku. 8 hour of Sudoku
    Is it really necessary to post a new thread every time a new android tablet gets announced?

I won't buy an android or ios tablet, so id rather hear about announcements of tablets that fit that criteria.....which should keep new tablet threads from being made entirely.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.