Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Things are starting to get interesting. The galaxy WIFI version will be $350 starting 4/10.

http://www.businessinsider.com/wifi-only-samsung-galaxy-tab-will-sell-for-350-starting-next-week-2011-4

Alot of these tablets dropped in value quickly. I might want until holidays to pickup at TP since the price maybe lower.
    Throw Honeycomb on it...and the then its worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Alot of these tablets dropped in value quickly. I might want until holidays to pickup at TP since the price maybe lower.
    They were ridiculously overpriced from the beginning. There's still a lot of room for the price to drop even further. But at least now the iPad has a competitor in the same price range.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Honeycomb so far is a loser, galaxy tab probably won't be powerful to run it anyway. stick with Froyo, good enough.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I bet Honeycomb could run on the Galaxy. It runs on the Nook Color.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Honeycomb so far is a loser, galaxy tab probably won't be powerful to run it anyway. stick with Froyo, good enough.
    Odd comments on this forum seeing as honeycomb has quite a few features that were directly cribed from webos...

-Suntan
    The flip side of no Honeycomb: Froyo can make use of many popular apps, while Honeycomb still has few apps.

The Sprint 3G version is also now $430 no contract.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Honeycomb runs the older apps just fine. The only one I've seen have probems is "Glyder 2"

The 10+ others I've loaded work fine on honeycomb.

-Suntan
    I think we are going to see lower prices for tablets fairly soon. Apple's price worked when it was the sole tablet on the market, if Android and webos start hitting and flooding the market we could see prices like 300 for 16GB versions quite possibly.

In all reality this things are actually a step down from Netbooks, and should cost the same if not less. Right now they are actually costing more
    I think there's some reason that you can't put Honeycomb on Galaxy tab. I still think $350 is little too high. If I am in the market to buy new tablet, i would rather get the ipad 1. however, if it's $200, I think I can definately see myself buy one.
    Rather get a NookColor, specs are similar, and it's $100 less.

Or just wait until I can buy an iPad 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Odd comments on this forum seeing as honeycomb has quite a few features that were directly cribed from webos...

-Suntan
    its a comment on the sales. webOS pad is likely a loser too, consider HPalm and Rubinstein pricing and attitude towards loyal users.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    its a comment on the sales. webOS pad is likely a loser too, consider HPalm and Rubinstein pricing and attitude towards loyal users.
    So honeycomb is a loser even though only one product available to buy without contract has been on the market for less than two weeks…

I think it’s a little premature to call it a failure.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    So honeycomb is a loser even though only one product available to buy without contract has been on the market for less than two weeks…

I think it’s a little premature to call it a failure.

-Suntan
    i did say "so far", did I?
    honey has a good deal of stability issues right now, crappy hardware or not, stick with Froyo right now. Over saturation of android tabs from other ODMs and the next series of Galaxy Tabs are coming out soon is dropping the price. I wouldn't expect a prices war on webOS tabs untill the 7" version is out. The Touchpad will kick!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/08/2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    I think we are going to see lower prices for tablets fairly soon. Apple's price worked when it was the sole tablet on the market, if Android and webos start hitting and flooding the market we could see prices like 300 for 16GB versions quite possibly.

In all reality this things are actually a step down from Netbooks, and should cost the same if not less. Right now they are actually costing more
    Thats like saying netbooks are a step down from laptops, or laptops are a step down from desktops. You pay a premium for portability and battery life. Many people are willing to pay a premium for not having to search for a plug in after a few hours of usage. Tablets that are heavy, thick, and worse battery life are then really no better than netbooks.
    Once the novelty of tablets wears off--and it will wear off--prices will drop considerably. Sooner or later everyone that wants a tablet will have a tablet, the tablet craze will be over, and demand--and thus prices--will plummet. And if the rest of the tablet manufacturers follow Apple's lead and release a new model every year, the market will be flooded with used tablets, dropping demand even further.

One year from now--maybe less--people will be saying on the forums: "Hey, remember when people paid $400 or even $700 for a freaking tablet?? What the hell were we thinking!" And I'll be on the forums saying, "I told you so," as I often am.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    That will depend on the features. If nothing changes much with new releases, then yes prices deserve to go down since there really would be no use buying a new one. But if they offer more and more with each model upgrade, $500 could stay the standard.

I love the used aftermarket though myself, *rubs hands*. LOL.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast