Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    there maybe more xoom to come, but motorola already lost the opportunity and mind share.

There are so many honey tabs coming out with so so so similar specs and lower prices, Motorola is just one of the pricier brands now.

Thats the downside of using other people's OS, I guess.
    Not with 4G though. That's the thing they have, if they get the radios out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I recently worked at a Fortune 100, top 15, 230,000 plus employees, global footprint, regulated and IT uses, endorses company owned, privately owned ipads, have own IOS store, can remotely wipe and control IOS devices, which are in the 7 tp 8 thousand range and counting, their users use them in everyway imaginable, iPad 2 lovely in HDMI mode in Cicso telepresence rooms, so simple to use, print to HP/Xerox printers, Citirx a plus, with ipad adoption rate with no end in sight. They have the bucks, the forsight and the talent to get it done. Xoom/Android is next, as I am sure the Touchpad will be adopted too.

And they are not alone.

There's a flip side to every story
    That's all well and good, and good for them also. I said in another thread around here that F50 and F100 companies are the ones most likely to jump at new tech and are the ones using iPad. That's one thing I miss about smaller industry is that you can do more "crazy, creative, stuff" without much hassle. Whereas in our quaterly technology conferences with our corporate and vendor partners, we discuss was to advance our business and partnerships and what new trends and tech can be leveraged. iPad has been mentioned but not in serious consideration for many of the reasons already listed on numerous business sites. It's being "piloted" currently, we'll see how it all turns out.

We have been in discussions with our RIM Account Rep (we're a BES shop primarily) regarding the Playbook and we are supposed to be getting some units to demo in the coming weeks. No meetings with HP yet (I'm working on it ) but I'm sure it will happen as we run 1000's of Proliants and all printers are HP. I can make a case for the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    IMHO the biggest issue wasn't price, it was forcing people to buy it with a 3G contract. That really limits the number of people that want another monthly payment on top of the device cost.
    I'm with you on that one
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123