Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Id definitely be all over this tablet, if it was running webOS.

Asus makes great products. Too bad they can't use webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Asus made at least two of the Treos. Weren't they rumored to be making the Pixi?
    This thing's brother is running Windows 7, I might SERIOUSLY consider that over the TouchPad. It's already a competitor just because I'm considering getting it over the TouchPad.

I'm skeptical on how much support the TouchPad will really be given. All of Palm's (new) stuff seems to last a total of about a year before its EOL'd, or replaced with something newer/better and forgotten.

Also: If I'm going to spend $600 on something, the least they could do is give it an HDMI out or something, which is definitely not coming. I'm VERY seriously considering the EEE PC/Pad/Tablet over the Touchpad now. : /.

*Update*: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QhWKR7Fmv4jDLbBY that's the one I'm talking about. Its a bit more expensive, but unfortunately has a 4 hour battery life... *sigh*.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 04/04/2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Maybe because Windows eats resources which equals lower battery life? There's reasons why full computer tablets never did well.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Honeycomb
    Tegra
    1G RAM
    1280x800
    two camera
    hdmi

$400.

XOOM is done, now what would HPALM do?
    when is it available?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    when is it available?
    looks like will be this week or next week

Eee Pad - EP121, Transformer TF101 - Asus EeePad Fansite - Buy EeePad Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe because Windows eats resources which equals lower battery life? There's reasons why full computer tablets never did well.
    maybe to some extends, but consider this, at least according to my galaxy tab's system info, display consumes 65-80% of the battery, since all android, apple, or webOS tablet are turning screen off in a matter of 15-30 secods of inactivity, a windows which basically always leave screen on for at least 30 minutes sure would consume more battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    True. I am extremely disappointed. I've been looking for a good "worthy" Windows Tablet PC but none are really to my liking. I'm also pretty sure the reason why this tablet has a 4 hour battery life is because of the i5 its running... Those weren't really made for... "portable" computing...

haha

Besides, I'd get Windows for 4 hours over Android for 7 any day...
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    True. I am extremely disappointed. I've been looking for a good "worthy" Windows Tablet PC but none are really to my liking. I'm also pretty sure the reason why this tablet has a 4 hour battery life is because of the i5 its running... Those weren't really made for... "portable" computing...

haha

Besides, I'd get Windows for 4 hours over Android for 7 any day...
    u know, it makes sense, after this much of iOS, android, webOS tablet, I now realize I do need a full featured windows tablet, just make it 1024x600, 7" screen, 8" physical size, a 8 hr battery. That would do nicely.

apps on iOS, android are far from being able to substitute windows, webOS is even further behind in this department. Looking at how HP is abandoning the loyal users, showing its technological incompetence, and being idiotic in its pricing. I found sticking to my galaxy tab and waiting for a touch friendly competitive windows tablet more and more attractive.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12