1.    #1  
    DOA: Blackberry PlayBook to Ship Without Mail, Messaging or Contacts | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I hope this is not true, though I'm more of a webOS guy than a RIM fan, I'd rather see a collection of competing products pushing each other to be better that stuff that is rushed to market.

We all know how that feels
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    It's been stated on Crackberry.com that it's true. RIM will be doing a software upgrade to enable non-BB PIM later on. So if you do buy the PlayBook, make sure you have a BB to bridge or you'll have to use your browser.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Everyone is feeling such pressure to get 'something' out (or anything out) that the first round of tablets will be mostly half-baked. Apple seems to have little to worry about right now.

I hope HP has the "testicular fortitude" to not rush their stuff to market. Palm (and RIM) can not imitate the 'flood of hardware' approach of Android and be successful.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    The reason, look at all the sales going to Apple. If RIM waits longer, they lose ground. BB users now have another choice since they can use the PlayBook without those apps due to bridging. I'm thinking this is what RIM is trying to do. BB users can still buy and give them sales, while they work on getting the apps out for everyone.

The Xoom is a bit of another story. It wasn't ready for almost any user except truly early adopters.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So in order to use the Playbook you have to be using a BlackBerry phone at the same time. Only BB customers can buy a Playbook? Maybe that is what RIM was assuming anyway?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/30/2011 at 10:45 PM.
    If you don't want to use the browser for email and assuming you don't use Google for everything(which not everyone does), yes you must have a BB for bridging. For now.

http://crackberry.com/crackberry-pol...r-contacts-etc

There's info about RIM confirming no native apps in this poll, and there are other links included.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/30/2011 at 09:50 PM.

Wow. Seems that HP's been playing this right the whole time.
    wow, if they are going to remove 2/3 of the usefulness they should reduce the price accordingly. just sayin.
    You got to be kidding...wow that's interesting. Yes I agree HP needs to wait and do it right or not at all. Can RIM actually sell these devices without POP or IMAP email support? I guess RIM customers are nieve enough and don't know what they're missing.

I just don't get why anyone would buy a car with only 3 tires. Bad analogy, but I would suspect email, messaging, and contacts are pretty important to people? I thought QNX was the latest and greatest thing. Sorli...
    Speak for yourself bro, lol. I'm a RIM customer. But I don't buy tablets to use the phone as a bridge, when I can use the tablet's functionality.

Does bridging mean the phone must be kept on for the info to reach the screen? I'm assuming so. And if so, PlayBook is crippled, even if you have a BB. I can use the iPad, or any other tablet actually, for email without the phone on.

This is sad. I really liked the PlayBook, honestly. It was cute yet also serious and seemed well put together. Seemed like 'premium' hardware, well, from what I could tell from the pictures. And I didn't even mind certain similarities between its OS and... certain others. The UI looked fantastic and Android integration looked killer.

But yeah, this is bad.
    BUT they still had plenty of time to reconsider. It's actually a dumb move that they did not, even if they expect mainly RIM users at first. How do they expect to compete in mainstream??

How about waiting for reviews and seeing how fast RIM can move with the apps? Maybe they can do better than Motorola, who I think still hasn't prepared the 4G radio. Yet people are still out $600-$800 plus tax. A software upgrade should be easier. Once RIM realizes they need to get their moving, lets hope they do.

Galaxy Tab 3G, no contract will be $429 soon on Sprint. You can get email on that tablet, lol. And probably contacts and calendar. If you must get a 7", this is another option. And I still don't have a problem with 7" because of portability. That can actually fit in a large hand-bag(had to put hyphen, weird censor here) whereas the iPad may not, though it will fit in a small briefcase.

Sprint dropping Galaxy Tab to $200 on contract starting April 3rd -- Engadget