Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    What do you like about the EVO over the Pre?
    1. Full customization -- everything, kernels, ROMs, skins, themes, functionality, etc.
    2. Speed, you don't realize how much you're waiting on your Pre until you use a phone that has near instant response.
    3. Apps - Android has all the things the Pre does not. You don't realize how much you're missing until you hear radio, TV, internet, etc advertisements for things that now we actually get to use.
    4. Hardware build quality is phenomenal.
    5. Backup ability -- on Android once rooted and flashed with a custom Recovery, you can backup everything and make a full phone image, so you're free to customize as much as you'd like and at worst, you're a 5 minute ROM flash away from being back where you were.
    6. Active development -- Android is actively getting better in tangible ways, WebOS is just getting things it should have had at launch, and even WebOS 2 and 3 still don't have the functionality of Android.
    7. Swype -- I type faster on this software keyboard than I ever did on my Pre's hardware keyboard.

At the core, it's just everything WebOS never delivered on.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    1. Full customization -- everything, kernels, ROMs, skins, themes, functionality, etc.
    2. Speed, you don't realize how much you're waiting on your Pre until you use a phone that has near instant response.
    3. Apps - Android has all the things the Pre does not. You don't realize how much you're missing until you hear radio, TV, internet, etc advertisements for things that now we actually get to use.
    5. Backup ability -- on Android once rooted and flashed with a custom Recovery, you can backup everything and make a full phone image, so you're free to customize as much as you'd like and at worst, you're a 5 minute ROM flash away from being back where you were.
    6. Active development -- Android is actively getting better in tangible ways, WebOS is just getting things it should have had at launch, and even WebOS 2 and 3 still don't have the functionality of Android.
    7. Swype -- I type faster on this software keyboard than I ever did on my Pre's hardware keyboard.

Wow! This post has brought me one step closer to the Evo. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I wish I got the Evo when it was first released instead of thinking a new webos device would release. My contract is up but there is nothing for me to turn to at the moment. Evo has been out for awhile it just feels old and the new one will be releasing soon.

Pre 3 has been silent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post

1) WebOS didn't have customization?
    2) I don't wait on my Pre 2.
    3) Ok.
    4) Same for the Pre 2.
    5) While it does take more time for webOS doctor to run, you have to work hard to get to the point where you need to doctor. Save/Restore and Palm Profile do a good job of backup.
    6) There is active development on webOS. Just because they're not developing your favorite app, doesn't mean there isn't active development.
    7) You must not have tried a Pixi or Pre 2 keyboard.

At the core, webOS is just everything Android fails to deliver on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12