Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If they are causing more deaths and accident, lets see the figures and allow us to examine the findings.
  2.    #22  
    The first Amendment kills... I'm sure our fore fathers didn't have to days world in mind when they wrote it. With complete freedom comes a constant price.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    If they are causing more deaths and accident, lets see the figures and allow us to examine the findings.
    +1
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I could understand the need for number before you saying the app is a bad idea but this reminds me of a intersection of a new road in my home town. The intersection had blinking red light and yellow lights around a corner. People said that we needed a regular traffic lights. They (officials) said they need numbers to prove it. A round 65 people died that quarter of the year at that light. Which to the county is less then 1% increase in deaths in traffic per quarter year. The were lookin For a 2.5% increase before say yeah you all need a traffic light. So to ask for number Ur really saying not enough people have died yet imo
    Last edited by balla2g2; 03/29/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Is this topic space really relevant for this site? I think this is going to go downhill quickly.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    I could understand the need for number before you saying the app is a bad idea but this reminds me of a intersection of a new road in my home town. The intersection had blinking red light and yellow lights around a corner. People said that we needed a regular traffic lights. They said they need numbers to prove it. A round 65 people died that quarter of the year at that light. Which to the county is less then 1% increase in deaths in traffic per quarter year. The were lookin For a 2.5% increase before say yeah you all need a traffic light. So to ask for number Ur really saying not enough people have died yet imo
    Its a simple matter to point to the figures & research which has already been done (presumably).
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is this topic space really relevant for this site? I think this is going to go downhill quickly.
    Yeah I guess it has gotten a little off topic. But to try and bring it back: I bet apple or google go ahead and remove the app to look good in the eyes of the authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Yep, too much politics involved with this one. I think in the end, no matter my personal opinion, i'm likely to do whatever the police or authorities ask me to do. Apple & google probably will too.
    It just doesn't make sense to defend this app.
    An app to help someone get away with breaking the law, and increase the chance of more drunk drivers on the road?
    One may say; how does it cause more drunk drivers on the road? Because they would of been pulled off the road if it wasn't for this app.
    They go drive a different route to avoid the checkpoint.
    So they continue down the road drunk. Great app.
    Maybe they should create an app that let's all criminals know when the cops are coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    An app to help someone get away with breaking the law, and increase the chance of more drunk drivers on the road?
    One may say; how does it cause more drunk drivers on the road? Because they would of been pulled off the road if it wasn't for this app.
    Maybe they should create an app that let's all criminals know when the cops are coming.
    Arent there police scanner apps?

Btw I agree with you 100%

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    So as a side point why is trapster allowed to exist.. Period?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Another tool to help us break the law.
    The law protects our right to break the law.

Breakin the Law;
    Judas Priest.

'You don't know what it's like....'
    +1 lets be honest. the idea of a check point is a ok idea if the legal limit wasnt so low. .08 really. i mean you can ruin someones life. .08 is nothing. i think the whole check point idea is entrapment. but the law is aweful. even if you do the right thing, pull over before hurting someone but forget to take your keys out or just dont want to freeze and leave the car running you still get arrested. really? that just doesnt make sence. sorry for the rant, really bothers me
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    i agree and like I said apple and google more than likely won't defend the app. They might try and defend why they let the app into there catlogs
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    i agree and like I said apple and google more than likely won't defend the app. They might try and defend why they let the app into there catlogs
    That's a great concluding post.
    I'd say this a great topic, it just has too much potential to get politcal.

Thanks,
    Berd

<closed>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12