Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #1  
    So, it is rumoured that the iPhone 5 will not be release in the summer as expected, but in September. If true, I can see two likely reasons for it.

    1. Apple want to move to a spring update of the iPad/autumn update of the iPhone/iPod schedule, to spread out sales.

    2. The redesign on the antenna has delayed things.

    Or a combination of both.

    Either way, this could cause a problem for Apple, as they traditionally have difficulty supplying enough devices to meet demand. With an autumn release, that could impact on sales over the holiday period, which is surely quite important to them.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  2. #2  
    Maybe to release both the GSM and CDMA versions at the same time. For one, Verizon iPhone is now fragmented. They didn't get 4.3. If Apple announces a 5.0 GSM, in 2 months or so, Verizon users could feel they are getting left behind. Getting 4.3 out for CDMA, then releasing the 5.0 version for both at a later time could cut down on that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"]If Apple announces a 5.0 GSM, in 2 months or so, Verizon users could feel they are getting left behind.
    But doesn't that risk upsetting all the non-Verizon iPhone users, who will see this as a delay, and will feel they are getting left behind users of other phones? I can see it as a justification of a delay, but not a valid reason for doing it, TBH.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  4. #4  
    Redesign of the antenna?
    I thought there was nothing wrong with iphone4's antenna - why the need to redesign?
  5. #5  
    I am not sure you can have a "delay" on a product that has never been announced, on a time line that has never been announced. (Same thing when discussing rumored features -
    you can't ding a company for launching a phone missing rumored - not announced - features.)


    Now, that said, as an Apple user, I have always appreciated the predictability of refreshes, software updates etc, so I do almost consider June to be "new iPhone month" so I would be disappointed if they didn't, this time.
  6. TheMetro's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #6  
    I've read that supposedly it's to get the voice command aspects to iOS 5 polished. I can see how Apple could have thrown Verizon a bone by delaying the next iPhone to give more time to sell the CDMA iPhone 4 units. But I think the real reason for the delay is so that Apple could unleash an LTE version of the iPhone called the 4G, 4GS or 5 this fall in time for the Christmas season.
    Last edited by Palm Vxer; 03/29/2011 at 01:58 PM.
  7. #7  
    Here is a thread, which already has been going on for some time
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...er-iphone.html
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I am not sure you can have a "delay" on a product that has never been announced, on a time line that has never been announced.
    Indeed, which is why I put the word in quotation marks!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Here is a thread, which already has been going on for some time
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...er-iphone.html


    I think the Opening Posts define the reason for the two separate topics.
    The other thread is if the delay will help HP.
    This thread is to speculate why the delay.
  10. #10  
    I agree,
    the only reason this could be considered a delay is because it may not make the usual time of release.
  11. #11  
    Apple will come up with some new fabulous feature on the iPhone 5. Also, with the delay, they will probably have an iPhone with LTE.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    I've read that supposedly it's to get the voice command aspects to iOS 5 polished. I can see how Apple could have thrown Verizon a bone by delaying the next iPhone to give more time to see the CDMA iPhone 4 units. But I think the real reason for the delay is so that Apple could unleash an LTE version of the iPhone called the 4G, 4GS or 5 this fall in time for the Christmas season.
    That would be worth any delay from the usual June announcement. Yes it's a rumor. But many an Apple rumor turned out to be true. If it's held back until September, so be it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #13  
    Because rumor had it that they are going with an aluminum back again instead of the current glass and that the antenna now will be where the apple logo is. Possibly a universal design too for both models.

    If so that should be nice... I do like their use of aluminum in all their other models and kinda goes back to the 2g which I still keep around.

    That's the cool thing about apple berdinkerdickle... Always trying to make their phones better and pushing the design envelope. 10s of millions of iphone4s out there after all this time and if there were a antenna failure... It would be as apparent as... Let's just say some issues we have seen in other models.

    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Redesign of the antenna?
    I thought there was nothing wrong with iphone4's antenna - why the need to redesign?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    So, it is rumoured that the iPhone 5 will not be release in the summer as expected, but in September. If true, I can see two likely reasons for it.

    1. Apple want to move to a spring update of the iPad/autumn update of the iPhone/iPod schedule, to spread out sales.

    2. The redesign on the antenna has delayed things.

    Or a combination of both.

    Either way, this could cause a problem for Apple, as they traditionally have difficulty supplying enough devices to meet demand. With an autumn release, that could impact on sales over the holiday period, which is surely quite important to them.
    Because Jobs saw the Atrix, Thunderbolt, and EVO 3D and said "Our device isn't competitive..." then went back to the drawing board??

  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Because rumor had it that they are going with an aluminum back again instead of the current glass and that the antenna now will be where the apple logo is. Possibly a universal design too for both models.
    I wasn't aware of that.
    But that does make sense.
    Just call me Berd.
  16. #16  
    Well, that explains why one of the Apple executives said that they were releasing the white iPhone 4 in the spring.

    I don't think they would release the white iPhone 4 to only sell it for a couple of months before the iPhone 5 would supposedly come out.
  17. #17  
    Another great post by Marco regarding this: Marco.org - Apple's boring hardware updates
  18. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Well, that explains why one of the Apple executives said that they were releasing the white iPhone 4 in the spring.

    I don't think they would release the white iPhone 4 to only sell it for a couple of months before the iPhone 5 would supposedly come out.
    Here's an evil thought. What if Apple have stockpiled or are committed to taking a certain number of white iP4 parts? Might they need to put off a change in hardware to shift them??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    That's the cool thing about apple berdinkerdickle... Always trying to make their phones better and pushing the design envelope. 10s of millions of iphone4s out there after all this time and if there were a antenna failure... It would be as apparent as... Let's just say some issues we have seen in other models.
    Are you referring to the iPhone 4 'death touch' that eventually caused Apple to give away free bumper cases to their customers?
  20. #20  
    yep. how many iphones 4 sold by now... 50... 60 million phones later... death touch... yeah right.

    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Are you referring to the iPhone 4 'death touch' that eventually caused Apple to give away free bumper cases to their customers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions