Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well even some non-techies(like those who don't frequent these types of boards) have reported that when they have the phone in a case, reception improves. I do think there's something to this since you probably shouldn't be able to touch the antenna so easily. I use cases all the time anyway though so no sweat here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    oh i wouldnt be surprised if the iphone4 antenna is weaker than my 3gs. my wife has the i4 and honestly she doesnt seem to notice the diff with or without cover and same with a few friends.

but 'death touch'... if that was the case after 50-60 million units... it would be as common as... some issues we've heard with other phones.

we'll see if they can improve it on the i5... especially if they go with a metal backing as rumored.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Well even some non-techies(like those who don't frequent these types of boards) have reported that when they have the phone in a case, reception improves. I do think there's something to this since you probably shouldn't be able to touch the antenna so easily. I use cases all the time anyway though so no sweat here.
    The reason not many care is because this is a design flaw that's easily correctable on the user end. Plus AT&T drops bars itself. I lost data for some reason about a week ago, for about 2 or 3 hours in the evening. Some people probably did see bars go down and just continued as normal, thinking it was AT&T.

But that along with the all glass back makes me want to get an Otterbox, lol. It does make the phone a brick but I don't want a spider web back if I drop it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    but 'death touch'... if that was the case after 50-60 million units... it would be as common as... some issues we've heard with other phones.
    friends that have iPhone 4's can easily reproduce the problem. It just takes a finger to bridge both antennas and the 3G signal will drop off. Like The Phone Diva said, people are used to AT&T cutting out and/or just put the phone a case.

According to this video, the antenna problem still exists with the Verizon version.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You just gave the answer, millions of people keep their phones in cases, skins, or bumpers.
    Problem solved.

However; the issue with the naked iPhone4 losing a signal is documented.
    Consumer Reports is renown for being unbiased in product reviews.
    They found the issue with the iPhone4 on At&t, and now the clincher is the same exact issue is with the iPhone4 on Verizon. Both Carriers - same issue.
    Same well respected unbiased magazine reporting the issue with both the Gsm and Cdma iPhone4. They tested all the big seller phones, and the iPhone is the only one they reported losing the signal when you hold it naturally.

I just did a google search, using the keywords 'bumpers' and 'iPhone4'
    You'll find many hits with iPhone4 bumpers selling in the many millions.
    Back in June/July they couldn't keep them on the shelves. Bumpers were back-ordered for weeks.

Reception issues or not, I'm going to put a case, skin, or bumper on my iPhone
    - Simple fix - Signal dropping issue gone.
    And knowing that, I'd still buy the iPhone4 if I wanted an iPhone.
    Just call me Berd.
    iPhone won't be on the market until the end of this year, or even early next year possibly

iPhone 5 Production Starting In September According To Talks With Key Supplier
    Just call me Berd.
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    I know i wouldn't spend all that time on iOS 5 and not use it to push a new device as well. I think Apple is nuts if they release one without the other. But i don't see that happening.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12