1.    #1  
    I just noticed that the developer of the popular Datebk6 for PalmOS has released Pimlical for Android OS.
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/andro...temporary.html

I dont miss Datebk6 as much now that Ubercalendar is around. This is an interesting development if I ever decide to leave WebOS.

Pimlical for Android - New!
    * Features displays that are essentially identical to Windows Desktop Version including Day, Day+, Week, Month, Month+ and List Views
    * Reads icons, custom filters and preference files from desktop version
    * Quick entry templates facilitate insertion of frequently used events
    * Handles floating events and floating reminders
    * Supports Timezones including separate Timezones for start/end of events
    * Uses the native calendar database for assured compatibility
    * Supports linking of events to contacts with quick access
    * Supports Voice Entry (Just speak "7pm next Monday, dinner with Harry" and the event "Dinner with Harry" will be scheduled at 7pm on the next Monday.
    * Day View automatically expands to accommodate events outside of normal hours
    * Extensive preferences to control what icons are displayed, what fonts are used
    * Dynamic resizing of font display with up/down strokes
    * left/right strokes switch between views or move to previous/next periods
    * Find function finds all events that match on text string, status, icon, date range etc.
    * Select which calendars are to be included in the display
    * List of upcoming alarms shows all future alarms that are scheduled
    * Supports grouping of items
    * Displays sorted list of all currently used locations for quicker selection of a location
    * Allows full modification of repeat specification (frequency, end date etc.).
    * Popup commands to handle common tasks such as Advance 1 Day, Find all items in same group, save as Template, Go To Display/Due Date, toggle completion/cancellation
    * Display Details screen is driven by screen template using same command set as Desktop version (power users can pick precisely which fonts/sizes and which fields to display in that view).
    Last edited by swieder; 03/25/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    * Supports Voice Entry (Just speak "7pm next Monday, dinner with Harry" and the event "Dinner with Harry" will be scheduled at 7pm on the next Monday.
    Do you think Datebook6 would mind if I started my voice entry with " Computer...7pm on the next Monday, dinner with Harry"? And then I might end the request with "...Earl Grey tea...HOT!"

Would love voice entry...love it on the Google Navigator, my favorite thing about Android devices...EVEN ones on Verizon (how did they work a deal with big Red to allow their own Nav app and unhindered capabilities?).
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

This actually makes me very sad, dateBK 6 was my go to app on the palm. I have really missed it on webOS and have never really found a replacement for the tasks functionality. I have just moved to toodledo on my laptop for most things and only use Done! to input things on the go.

At the same time, it is an ugly app by today's standards. Here's hoping that some of the very pretty PIMs from the iPad get ported to the TouchPad!
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Very exciting! Maybe Pimlico will take another look at webOS.
    I kinda doubt it, they are pretty committed to java and webOS just removed the last vestige of java in the 2.0 upgrade

They are using all javascript now, which aside from the similar sounding name, have no similarity to each other. He would have to rewrite everything from scratch and on his website he has been pretty clear that he would not do that unless there was a very good reason.

The android version is just his desktop version with some slight tweaking for screen size and compatibility.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Hi everyone,

The owner and sole employee of Pimlico has made it very clear he doesn't want to write for webOS.

1. Before the buyout of Palm by HP was announced he told me in an email, that he was sure that Palm would be sold for "pocket change" for the remaining "good will" of the name of Palm...

2. In that case I would love to have the kind of pocket change that HP has since $1.2 Billion is far from pocket change.

3. When I emailed him back after the merge was announced and again after the merger was completed, he refused to answer my emails...(not a good sign he is interested in writing for webOS & not a good way to run a business).

I gave up writing him, as Agendus was purchased by SplashData who had a page up saying they would make Agendus work on all platforms, something they recently, (about a few weeks ago, have restated).

4. I keep hoping that HP will just buy the rights to develop DateBK for webOS from Pimlico or just outright buy Pimlico.

5. Perhaps some of you would have better luck if you wrote Pimlico or if many of you wrote Pimlico. I have been using dateBK for approx 9 years, and sadly I will miss it as well.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    If that program is his sole means of support, unfortunately Android users far outnumber webOS users.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dear Diva,

I agree...however, there is no reason he can't have HP port it for him and they will supply the labor and the costs...all he would have to do is collect the money from webOS owners.

Take care of yourself,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi,

my palm pre (minus) is currently once more dead and while I'm still waiting for Palm to pick it up and have it replaced I had to go back to my Nokia 6310i and myl Palm Tungsten T3.

I just miss DateBk6 and Shadowplan so much on my PIM-device, I just recognized working with my good old palm for some days.

Let us be honest, Calendar functions on Web OS are a joke compared to the Power of DateBk6, it is a shame that Pimlical is now available for Android Devices but not for Palm Users.

I'm willing to pay $100 in order to have Pimlical on my Web OS-phone, I know we are a small community but what do you think about raising some money to have Pimlical motivated to port Pimlical to WebOS?

Hello HP, do you hear us, why don't you put some dollars in the bucket and bring Pimlical back to us?
    Having not used my Pre for some days I started thinking about getting an android based phone, just because of Pimlical and the great built quality (HTC!).
    I really love Web OS, but where are the improvements for good ol' Palm OS Power Users?

- Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by philspre View Post
    Hi,

my palm pre (minus) is currently once more dead and while I'm still waiting for Palm to pick it up and have it replaced I had to go back to my Nokia 6310i and myl Palm Tungsten T3.

I just miss DateBk6 and Shadowplan so much on my PIM-device, I just recognized working with my good old palm for some days.

Let us be honest, Calendar functions on Web OS are a joke compared to the Power of DateBk6, it is a shame that Pimlical is now available for Android Devices but not for Palm Users.

I'm willing to pay $100 in order to have Pimlical on my Web OS-phone, I know we are a small community but what do you think about raising some money to have Pimlical motivated to port Pimlical to WebOS?

Hello HP, do you hear us, why don't you put some dollars in the bucket and bring Pimlical back to us?
    Having not used my Pre for some days I started thinking about getting an android based phone, just because of Pimlical and the great built quality (HTC!).
    I really love Web OS, but where are the improvements for good ol' Palm OS Power Users?

- Phil
    Dear Phil,

I agree with you 100%, I am willing for fork up $100 as well! I love dateBK and am still using dateBK 6.0 on my Centro.

A lot of luck to us...the owner isn't interested.

That leaves us a few ways to go.

1. Your suggestion to pay him!

2. Start leaning on Palm to either cut a deal with Pimlico or create one similar to dateBK 6.0!

3 Start a letter or email drive to the owner of Pimlico and tell him we would gladly buy a new version of dateBK if he would port it to webOS. In the letters we should tell him/remind him that HP will supply porting personnel, (I think there isn't a charge for it either).

4. Or we can contact Splashdata who now owns Agendus. They told me eventually they intend to support ALL platforms. I emailed them & I suggest you all do so as well.

Have you tried to contact the owner of dateBK??

He doesn't want to answer my emails, b/c he When I emailed him back after the merge was announced and again after the merger was completed, he refused to answer my emails...(not a good sign he is interested in writing for webOS & not a good way to run a business).

He was convinced that Palm to fold and no one would buy Palm for webOS or it would go for pocket change, ($1.2 Billion, I love that kind of deep pocket, LOL)!

take care,

jay
    I have this on my android phone and would love to have it on my Pre as well. Works great.
    Another idea. Pay another developer for a similar program. Quit begging this guy if he's ignoring you. I'm sure there are new developers trying to make a name for themselves. This is a good chance for them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    I have this on my android phone and would love to have it on my Pre as well. Works great.
    Hi all,

I have already written him, I suggest all of you do the same...I am willing to call palm and ask them to consider cutting a deal with him or make similar software!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Another idea. Pay another developer for a similar program. Quit begging this guy if he's ignoring you. I'm sure there are new developers trying to make a name for themselves. This is a good chance for them.
    Dear Ms. Diva as always your brilliance shines thru...I made a posting for a firm that will write apps for you...I have to get a chance to contact them...GREAT IDA MS DIVA, THANKS!

Take care, Jay
    Hi all,

I just contacted the only firm that I have heard of that will write apps for you...I would also think we should talk to some of the Home Brew Community, (I will pursue that with the Home Brew Community if this firm turns us down).

BTW the firm is called makemyappNOW.com.

I supplied them with a link to Pimlico's site and I'll let everyone know what happens.

Take care,

Jay
    Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure someone will come through, even if not the original developer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure someone will come through, even if not the original developer.
    Dear Ms. Diva,

I call them as I see them...your comments are always directly on target.

take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

I decided to post the letter that I sent to makemyappNOW.com in the home brew section, thinking it was the best way to contact Home Brewers.

This way we who want a program similar to dateBK could start the ball rolling on having this software created.

However, I got the following message:

ilovedessert, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Obviously my account was deactivated or disabled, as I am posting right now...is there some type of permission that one needs to post on the Home brew section?

(I have never tried to post in the Home Brew area before, as I can't yet use home brew since I still have a Centro, (as much as I have enjoyed my Centro for the past 2 1/2 years, I cannot wait to dive into webOS and a Pre 3))!

Take care all,

Jay
    Hi all,

Dieter suggested that I post a request to create dateBK type app in the webOS development section of these forums, as the Home Brew section is for for homebrew developers.

Therefore, here is the posting that I placed in the webOS development section of this forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...72#post2942572

I hope at least one of the webOS Homebrewers are interested. My guess is that this app would be well received, as there have been quite a large number of comments on the need for an improved calender app.

take care,

Jay