1.    #1  
    I didn't even know Samsung had it's own App Store until I saw this post on Engadget. They are celebrating their 100 Millionth download after being open for 10 months. WP7 just recently went over 10,000 Apps after being available for about 5 months, Samsung passed 13,000, yet webOS hasn't hit the 10,000 mark yet.

It's discouraging to see an App Store I didn't even know existed surpass webOS with over 13,000 apps. It seems Europe has played a big part in Samsung's App Store success with France, Germany, and Spain accounting for 40% of downloads.

Samsung Apps store crosses 100 million downloads -- Engadget
    I don't think anyone should have to choose between quality and quantity.
    even with quality vs. quantity, I don't see webOS got better quality apps vs other os apps. I don't exactly know the exact count of webOS but I think good majority of our apps are like ebooks, themes and I noticed some of our apps even count the patches. Even then it's far from hitting 10k app count.
    It's all about quantity, It's plain and simple. webos need more spam apps ASAP.

we need an app for every single known book on internet. An app for every good website, Even if it just brings you to the mobile site. I don't want to see this happen but i know it needs to be done.
    Is some of this for the Bada OS?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    even with quality vs. quantity, I don't see webOS got better quality apps vs other os apps. I don't exactly know the exact count of webOS but I think good majority of our apps are like ebooks, themes and I noticed some of our apps even count the patches. Even then it's far from hitting 10k app count.
    We are actually really close to the 10k mark if you include all of the apps from web distribution, homebrew, beta, and the themes. Total it comes out to 9653. If you include patches in that we would be over 10k. This obviously doesn't answer any quality questions though.
    apparently this "app store" isn't available in the US, and it covers apps for PC/Phone/etc. Not sure what this thing is, but it's apparently a European thing... and it's not clear but it may be for non-android samsung phones... go figure.

Anyone remember Handango? The website description of downloading to the phone via the PC reminds me of the PalmOS QuickInstall days.

Available in Europe, Asia, and South America:
    Samsung Apps
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    correct! Webos surely does not have the quality. it's old hobbyist and novelty apps. There's a 80 page app request thread and most of the stuff isn't made. All the apps out for webos in the last year hold no interest to me. i don't need more fitness apps and weather apps and 18th century ebooks i could get in free pdfs on the internet.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I think HP pretty much screwed themselves big time by basically saying that the old webOS will be unsupported in a year. Now nobody wants to program for it anymore meaning no new apps. The new framework is still in alpha and won't be "out" till summer, but the old framework is on the way out, so basically you (the average mobile device developer) can't start developing for this platform now, but if you wait for the new framework to get out chances are you'll have moved on. Not to mention most users are still on the old versions of webos, so they are all getting ****ed off that they are being left behind, and some of them are probably going to jump ship, which means less market share, which means fewer developers will want to develop for webOS.... not good. I mean I guess I understand why HP decided to do this... but in such a fast moving industry where consumer perception is everything... maybe I just don't.

Anyway yea, Samsung has an app store?? say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Well good for them for making it successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    If you include those, then we also have the biggest percentage of non-apps (books, app duplicates, themes, patches) of any operating system as well, which is not good. And that DOES pertain to quality.
    Umm android counts skins for keyboards as apps.. Themes as well... Also there are apps for only rooted phones.... A new lang for one of the myriad of keyboards, its an app.. Widgets are apps, even if they are add ons to the ACTUAL app!! .. Malware=app .. Pr0n vid apps .. Anime/magna/hentai books=apps...

Need I go on?? Oh and lest I forget there are some actual apps ... At least iOS counts apps as apps.. Books as books etc...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums