Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    can you imagine webos on the hardware we're expecting from HTC EVO 3D? Sigh...
    HTC would've made next webOS phone to be extremely exciting. I'll bet tons of tech sites would've been talking about what HTC will bring next. Too bad it went to HP, extremely uninspired tech company. Sure they have tons of money, but they should just stick with whatever they were doing before and sticked with android like other company did. So sad.
    If HTC had bought Palm, they would have incorporated the card metaphor into HTC-Sense and dumped everything else, IMHO.

Once they get around patents or cross-license with HP, HTC will be able to copy the UI anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If HTC had bought Palm, they would have incorporated the card metaphor into HTC-Sense and dumped everything else, IMHO.

Once they get around patents or cross-license with HP, HTC will be able to copy the UI anyway.
    Yeah, I don't think it would have been webOS anymore. They're all in with Android and, to some degree, WP7. Splitting into a third group, they certainly wouldn't have devoted as much thought to its progression and development into the "ecosystem" HP talks about.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    can you imagine webos on the hardware we're expecting from HTC EVO 3D? Sigh...
    They would have reserved that hardware for Android. I'm still not seeing any eye-popping hardware from Windows 7 phones.
    New eye-popping hardware coming soon!
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Would that really be such a bad thing? You'd end up with more apps, better services, more support across the board, coupled with a great UI running on cutting edge hardware.
    I am still glad it's HP b/c they plan to create an ENTIRE ecosystem long-term with webOS, "Think Beyond"
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    They would have reserved that hardware for Android. I'm still not seeing any eye-popping hardware from Windows 7 phones.
    The HTC Surround looks pretty good to me!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    looks can be deceiving
    There are many things happening behind the scenes so I'm glad that it was HP. Time will tell how well they succeed with their long term strategy. I'm not interested in a spec war. Spec war winners last for about 2-3months, at best. Lots of HTC Android devices popping up everyday and I'm happy for the Android users. I'm just not into Android.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #12  
    htc is a risk taking co, first to 4G, first 3D, 4.3in screens etc, what did HP announce? A pre 2+ (aka pre 3)
    Many people including myself did not expect HP to invest as heavily into the future of WebOS as they have. Putting WebOS on every PC and using it other devices like printers, phones and tablets is arguably a bigger push then Palm, HTC or any other company would have planned.

Not only does HP want all these devices to communicate with each other using WebOS but they want to leverage their cloud services which could mean all kinds of awesomeness for WebOS.

For today though EVO 3D is here, sparkling and new but the jury is out on whether 3D is just a gimmick or something more. HTC makes great hardware no doubt about that but HP is not a hardware company that only makes phones and tablets. They make many kinds of products and have more tricks up their sleeve then HTC, with a larger footprint to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    htc is a risk taking co, first to 4G, first 3D, 4.3in screens etc, what did HP announce? A pre 2+ (aka pre 3)
    As well as a mini-cell phone, two tablets, and an OS that will appear on millions upon millions of laptops, desktops, tablets, phones, printers, and anything else they mfg. It's going to make HTC seem like a fart in the wind in the grand scale of things. As HP already stated, their strategy is going to be much larger than just smartphones.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    yes :ME( and the whole world too ,in a few months)
    patience, my friend,patience...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The HTC Surround looks pretty good to me!!
    It looks good, but it's not eye-popping, not like the Evo 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    looks can be deceiving
    Did you use it and it doesn't work well?

The speakers seemed pretty good. When I saw someone using it, the interface brought to mind the Zune Phone old rumors used to mention. Which is OK with me because I actually liked the Zune interface. I prefer to use all-in-one phones, as in work and play on the same device, so that phone would have been great as a WP7 option. The one problem, AT&T, lol. They still have it where the iPhone is almost the only phone worth suffering through them for. Then MSFT didn't help with it's upgrade fiasco.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    It looks good, but it's not eye-popping, not like the Evo 3D.
    I may have been thinking more in terms of usability. Speakers that don't suck work for me, for one. The volume also seemed pretty good.

If HP's vision comes into fruition the way they say it will, then I'll be way glad it was them instead of any other company that bought Palm. I agree that other companies most likely would have just cannibalized webos's strengths into Android instead of furthering the OS itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did you use it and it doesn't work well?

The speakers seemed pretty good. When I saw someone using it, the interface brought to mind the Zune Phone old rumors used to mention. Which is OK with me because I actually liked the Zune interface. I prefer to use all-in-one phones, as in work and play on the same device, so that phone would have been great as a WP7 option. The one problem, AT&T, lol. They still have it where the iPhone is almost the only phone worth suffering through them for. Then MSFT didn't help with it's upgrade fiasco.
    The speakers are what doesn't work well.. Yes I've tried it.. Sold it.. And I keep coming back to the focus or quantum.. The speakers on the surround should be waaaaay better than they actually are..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast