View Poll Results: What Phone will you get this summer?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC Evo 3D

61 30.65%
  • HP Pre3

120 60.30%
  • Other

18 9.05%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Somewhat hate to say it, but HP just hasn't given me any real incentive to invest in their product. Don't get me wrong, I have loved webos since day one, but i'm getting fed up with the lack of apps and they way they keep us in the dark. (We still dont know if Sprint will even get the Pre 3) Evo 3D pre-ordered and I'm super excited. Maybe I will be back one day webos. It's a great platform and I hope it takes off!
    I'm on the same boat. I love WebOS, but not going to keep waiting for the hardware. I put my pre-order too for the Evo 3D... now if we could just get a release date LOL
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Pre 3 all the way funk the evo, if sprint don't get it.. funk sprint too, real talk >:-)
    I'll be leaving Sprint and heading wherever the Pre 3 shows up. The days are over for me being too cheap to NOT enjoy my phone and I've tried EVO and Shift and hate 'em. If I spend a couple hundred more a year to change carriers then so be it.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    For those who were going for the Evo 3D, Sprint just confirmed the date!

June 24th

HTC EVO 3D, EVO View 4G available on Sprint on June 24 | Android Central

i will get the pre3 if it comes. i was thinking of the 3d if it doesnt but i think i will be waiting for the samsung galaxy S2 instead of the 3d if a webos device does not come. and not the veer as nice as it is i want more screen than that.
    I've practically given up hope that the Pre3 is coming to Sprint, everything points to it coming to Verizon and AT&T. I have an Evo and I just don't like Android. Still not sure what I'm going to do but moving carriers is going to be a stong consideration. I've been with Sprint over 10 years. I don't mind waiting another year if I could be guaranteed that I could get a WebOS phone, but I don't want the slab WebOS phone that is in the works. I'm worried that is the webos phone that sprint will eventually go for. Guess I'm not sure at this point.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I think both would cost me $199, but the Evo 3D will be worth more on eBay. So, I'm using my upgrade on an Evo 3D, and then will sell it to buy the Pre3 or whatever webOS comes to Sprint.
    that is exactly my thought ahitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I think both would cost me $199, but the Evo 3D will be worth more on eBay. So, I'm using my upgrade on an Evo 3D, and then will sell it to buy the Pre3 or whatever webOS comes to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaza View Post
    If the Pre 3 makes it to Sprint this summer. What phone will you get Evo 3D or Pre3?
    Pre3 of course! Why else would we all be on this forum!
    3D displays for phones and TVs are useless to me since I can only focus with one eye at a time. Even if that weren't the case, I'd still want the Pre3.
    Last edited by hrminer92; 06/06/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    3D displays for phones and TVs are useless to me since I can only focus with one eye at a time. Even if that weren't the case, I'd still want the Pre3.
    If you can do that really really fast and in sync with the display you're ok :P

If it was called Evo 2 and had no 3D, with everything else the same, it would still be a very solid competitor and the most attractive option on Sprint (until Pre3-day, or Stingray-day, of course).
    As it stands no pre 3 or new webos phone for Sprint, unless stated otherwise (officialy) by Sprint or HP. None of this he said, she said, rep said, mercedes benz employee said, etc. garbage. Too much salt for my taste.

Dilemma:
    Do I love Sprint or pre 3? Stay with them or leave to get pre3? If I leave, should I go with ATT or Verizon?
    evo 3d but its a hard choice.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I put $50 on an Evo 3D yesterday, so regretfully, after 2 Visors, a Palm handheld, 2 Treos and the Pre, it's good-bye Palm.
    Then again HP killed Palm so it's good-bye Web OS. Four months after the "big" event and still no Pre 3 news, nor anything on Sprint.
    Time to move on and see what Android can do.
    And I know I'm not the only launch day Pre owner switching.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'll be getting the Evo 3D, not because I love Android, but because my Pre- is falling apart, my upgrade/renewal is here, and I don't want to wait to see what happens between Sprint and HP. Bottom line is, the HTC has a release date, the Pre3/Sprint webOS device does not, my current Pre is cracked, Oreoed and no longer has a functioning proximity sensor, HTC 3D has excellent reviews and solid hardware and Android 2.3 is more bearable than 2.1 or 2.2. I'm not leaving webOS for good just yet. I'll still keep up with the news and gossip, and besides, I figure if I don't like the Evo 3D I have 30 days to return it. Maybe by then something concrete will be announce for webOS on Sprint and I'll go back.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Could I get an Evo 3D, use it for 25 days, and if I don't like it, return it and THEN get another new Evo 3D to sell on eBay for something else?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Pre-Ordered the EVO 3D phone. I am tired of waiting to see if HP/Palm is going to put out a good quality phone. The HTC is getting excellent reviews and I am seeing more happy users than I am unhappy users. (this would include Android Users as well) Just as I had to get used and learn how to use WebOS/Pre, I will do the same with the EVO 3D/Android.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    i have two upgrade available....I want the HTC sensation not the EVO 3d and the Pre3
    I am torn between EVO3D and Pre3. EVO3D for its 3D capabilities and better innards along with the hope that Ice cream sandwich coming in fall will fix most issue I have had with Android.

Palm Pre3 for webOS of course and also for the world Phone aspect and last but not the least, connectivity with Touchpad. I would love to be able to answer calls and sms on my tablet. I know I can already do that if I buy a blackberry phone and playbook but I don't like current blackberry phones. Once Touch2 is out may be the situation will change.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    For those going for the 3D, here's a link that could be helpful:

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast