View Poll Results: What Phone will you get this summer?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC Evo 3D

61 30.65%
  • HP Pre3

120 60.30%
  • Other

18 9.05%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    even if they get the pre 3, nexus s 4g for me, but i'll be back when hpalm gets some similar hardware.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    This is the humiliation i have to go thru..... went out to lunch with 2 of my coworkers one had a apple, other had an android both tried to check their network speeds using the speed test app. I didn't have the app so i checked the app catalog lo and behold i found one wasn't the same as theirs but looked promising enough done after installing i fired up the thing....FAIL it didn't work for crap....this is exactly what I'm talking about. We have a real gem of a OS here but no developers.
    Why not just try the website:

mobilespeedtest.com

Works fine for me.
    I love the WebOS and the community, I just have a question involving the Palm 3 phone.
    Will it have some other features that I like in the other phones?

I like a lot of the features in the HTC EVO, like the speech to text feature for IMing, the little bigger screen, the onscreen keyboard, and the predictive typing.

I got an Email from Sprint announcing the Kyocera Echo, have you seen that phone? 2 screens IT looks Awesome and would give you more web browsing real estate as well as having an onscreen keyboard in one screen and your typing area in the other.

Will HP come up with any of these cool features? I don't want to go to an Android phone.

The other phone I am thinking about is maybe a Windows 7 phone, simply because I have Windows live and it might be cool to play windows live games.
    Despite me liking WebOS, I would probably never buy another HPalm product. I was one of the many Sprint that lined up day one to get the original Pre. All this talk of what HP is trying to do is eventually going to turn WebOS into shovelware. If you buy a HP thumb drive, it'll probably auto install WebOS on your computer.

My next phone will either be the Evo 3D or an Iphone 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    even if they get the pre 3, nexus s 4g for me, but i'll be back when hpalm gets some similar hardware.
    How is the nexus s 4g a better phone then thepre 3? I mean the pre 3 has a faster, newer processor. It has a smaller screen which should equal better battery life (my dads epic battery life is horrid) and it is last years tech -- meaning its insides was released last year and it hasn't been updated. And yes it has nfc but that does not make its cpu better. So how is it better
    The cpu gpu combination with gingerbread on the nexus s is better or at worse equal to that of the pre 3.
    Hummingbird cpu and PowerVR SGX540 GPU. According to reviews, nexus s has great battery life (read full day use). Apps, support, pure gingerbread, 4in screen, in a form factor i prefer. And its releasing this month. Easy decision for me. (Plus it might be 399 off contract) If the pre 3 was a 4in slab with its same specs, i might've talked myself into waiting for a vague summer release, and being a beta tester again. I'm done waiting. When HPalm finish hitting the reset with webos, and it matures and comes out on some hardware i like, I have no doubt i'll be back.

http://androidandme.com/2011/03/news...lg-optimus-2x/
    Last edited by m3grady2; 04/04/2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Currently on the evo classic. And the evo 3D is not really enticing me. It's evolutionary not revolutionary.

Besides, the evo classic may be the last greatest "development" phone for android since these manufacturers are locking down boot loaders. And where is my freaking kickstand?

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    They couldn't fit it with the weight/design they were going for. They are making a case with a kickstand however.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    The cpu gpu combination with gingerbread on the nexus s is better or at worse equal to that of the pre 3.
    Hummingbird cpu and PowerVR SGX540 GPU. According to reviews, nexus s has great battery life (read full day use). Apps, support, pure gingerbread, 4in screen, in a form factor i prefer. And its releasing this month. Easy decision for me. (Plus it might be 399 off contract) If the pre 3 was a 4in slab with its same specs, i might've talked myself into waiting for a vague summer release, and being a beta tester again. I'm done waiting. When HPalm finish hitting the reset with webos, and it matures and comes out on some hardware i like, I have no doubt i'll be back.

Tegra 2 CPU and GPU benchmarks, Motorola Atrix 4G vs LG Optimus 2X – Android and Me
    The nexus s 4G might get an all day use, but my dad has the epic 4G (which is basically same phone looking at the specs) and can't get through a day. He has wifi blutooth and 4g turned off. And how can we know how the SoC is on the pre 3 when it hasn't been released yet? And if its bc u don't want to wait and like the form factor better -- then go for it. I just don't understand how the nexus is better then pre 3.
    the adreno 205 gpu has been out on the g2, u can check there for some benchmarks. and as specs have increasingly gotten better its really come down to preference and availibility. The pre 3 is not that much to make me wait for an unspecified release date for it when the nexus s is right there to fill the void.
    Last edited by m3grady2; 04/05/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    <<posts deleted>>
    The minute we use words like lame, crap, junk, or trash, the minute we all start getting into spatting match.

Please Read:
    PreCentral Forums - Announcements in Forum : Other Handhelds
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm honestly really tempted to get the Evo 3D at this point. I won't abandon WebOS or anything (I'm sure I'll get a TouchPad and I'm getting a developer Pre2 soon as well) but hell, the Evo 3D is a nice piece of kit.

I have a 3D TV as well so the thought of being able to film in 3D and watch it on my TV is extremely tempting to me. The rest of the hardware specs on this phone are rather beastly as well (1.2Ghz dual core, 1GB RAM, good GPU etc.)

If this phone comes out on Sprint before the Pre 3 (if we even get the Pre 3) I'll go for it I think if no bad things pop up about it in reviews when it comes out. If the Pre 3 is first and/or they arrive simultaneously it's going to be a tough choice.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I pretty much abandoning the HP/WebOS bandwagon. I really cannot trust anything HP/Palm says. It is time to move on to better technology. If I had a choice (which I just found out I can now upgrade out of my Palm Pre) I would go with the HTC EVO. I have friends who have it and love it. Bye bye HP/Palm. Won't have to deal with your double speak and lies anymore.
    I'll never abandon webOS. I'm currently using an android phone as a stopgap and it makes me appreciate webOS even more.
    Its very interesting to see that their is a majority of die hard fans looking to get the EVO 3D, myself included. True i may be branded a traitor and everything, but personally speaking this is my first smart phone i stuck with for more than a year. It is a great phone and i am now noticing the old age in the pre since it is beginning to act up. But for all those die hard fans i have a question for you.
    Is it fair that HP left us out of the dust with no firmware upgrades? This really annoys me since all i see on precentral.net anymore are about apps running on Webos 2.0. Hence i get the feeling HP doesn't give a rats <behind> about us.

Second question is, what about the apps and developers available to us? We have x amount of apps compared to androids and ios 100x ours. Every new electronic out there has an app for android, ios or bb. I never seeing anything saying an app is available for Webos. Even HP's eprint tech is on other os, and not their own. True it will come to webos 2.0 devices later this year, hence my previous point.

For what it is worth, the pre was one heck of a phone. IT was by far the iphones true opponent. As we saw from the FCC filing, hp only has applied for the GSM version so far. Another example of saying sorry to those loyal sprint users. I do not enjoy android even though i am an android go to guy whenever my friends phones break down. But i can no longer just sit there with an outdated phone, even with all the wonderful patching i did thanks to the homebrew team. It is time to put our pres out to the pasture.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/29/2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: language
    Since it's almost June and still no sign on which carrier the Pre 3 will be on I'm gonna go ahead and pre-order the Evo 3d. No since on begging for HP to take my money.
    I'm still debating on switching to Verizon (depends on how their data tiers look), but even if I do, if the Pre3 launch fails (bugs not addressed, still a depressing lack of apps - leave your cpmments about 162846 fart apps elsewhere), I'm getting the Galaxy SII. I'll miss the keyboard, though. :/
    Not even remotely interested in the evo3d. Somewhat interested in the Nexus S 4G. Might be interested in a reduced price evo4g. Very interested in Pre3.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I put in my Evo 3D pre-order today. I'll check back in a year or two to see if HP got their act together.
    Somewhat hate to say it, but HP just hasn't given me any real incentive to invest in their product. Don't get me wrong, I have loved webos since day one, but i'm getting fed up with the lack of apps and they way they keep us in the dark. (We still dont know if Sprint will even get the Pre 3) Evo 3D pre-ordered and I'm super excited. Maybe I will be back one day webos. It's a great platform and I hope it takes off!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast