View Poll Results: What Phone will you get this summer?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC Evo 3D

61 30.65%
  • HP Pre3

120 60.30%
  • Other

18 9.05%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    Honestly, why would anyone answer either? Neither device is finished and specs and pre-release hands-ons do not tell the whole story by a long shot.

I love WebOS more than Android. I love Android's app catalog and functionality out of the box more than WebOS. I love Palm displays more than HTC ones. I love pictures taking on Palm devices more than HTC ones. I love video (when it works glitch-free) taken on Palm devices waaaay more than HTC video. I love HTC build quality more. I love HTC screen sizes more.

But all of that is based on old devices. The displays of the Pre 3 and Evo 3D are firsts for each company. The operating systems on both are new versions that are also firsts. They will have apps we haven't seen before. So how can we say now which is better?
    Android 2.3 was released first on Nexus S back in Jan/Feb. WebOS 2.0 has been out for a while (although if your talking about 2.2 update then yes, first, but we don't know if 2.2 is just allowing for TTS or new features ... and it's not a new OS). WebOS 2.0 we know has a lot of good features and many in the US and over sea's have used the new OS and like it. Adding a faster processor and a bigger screen must be a good thing.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Honestly, why would anyone answer either? Neither device is finished and specs and pre-release hands-ons do not tell the whole story by a long shot.

I love WebOS more than Android. I love Android's app catalog and functionality out of the box more than WebOS. I love Palm displays more than HTC ones. I love pictures taking on Palm devices more than HTC ones. I love video (when it works glitch-free) taken on Palm devices waaaay more than HTC video. I love HTC build quality more. I love HTC screen sizes more.

But all of that is based on old devices. The displays of the Pre 3 and Evo 3D are firsts for each company. The operating systems on both are new versions that are also firsts. They will have apps we haven't seen before. So how can we say now which is better?
    I don't thinks specs would change that much, who knows on the Pre3, but on the Evo 3D the specs are already being advertised. I think all they're messing with at this point is software.
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Honestly, between the Pre3, the EVO 3D and the Nexus S 4G, I'll be getting whichever comes out first. My Sprint Pre is barely holding on as it is. It's looking as if the Nexus S will be my next phone.

I will be a 10-year Sprint customer soon and thus eligible for 1-year upgrades once again, so depending on my Android experience it's very possible I could return to HP/Palm. Hopefully webOS is a bit more polished by then.
    other
    For starters we don't know whether Pre3 is coming to Sprint....but i will play. If both are available i will give 'em both a try but im leaning heavily 2wards Pre3 BUT this time i will see what kind of apps are available for me to make full use of the phone and not handicapped, having to jump hoops just enable and download stuff to the phone to make it up to par.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    other
    Kyocera DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Kyocera DS?
    Not a chance in hades. I'll refrain from saying so as not to incite the palm faithful. But it's just not on the list. And surely isn't that kyocera DS.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    For starters we don't know whether Pre3 is coming to Sprint....but i will play. If both are available i will give 'em both a try but im leaning heavily 2wards Pre3 BUT this time i will see what kind of apps are available for me to make full use of the phone and not handicapped, having to jump hoops just enable and download stuff to the phone to make it up to par.
    I agree, the homebrew community is GREAT, but why do we have to go through them to get basic stuff
    I'm not sure what version of WebOS the Pre 3 will ship with, but I doubt it'll be one that's on the Pre 2 right now. Additionally, the version of Android on the Evo will be the first version of Gingerbread with Sense enabled throughout the OS.

I think both deserve a wait and see attitude. And I say that as someone who is excited and hopeful for Pre 3. But I'm not going to buy it sight unseen and unreviewed.
    OK, I will give you the Sense since now I think about it ... HTC Sense 2.0 is being launched on EVO3D. But HP WebOS 2.0 and 2.1 and 2.2 is not like a new OS but just a new updated version of the same code, maybe a new feature or two. But I mean when your Pre 2 gets the webos 2.2 update it doesn't become less stable. And when your Pre gets 1.45 update or so on it doesn't become less stable. WebOS is not like Android where ever 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, so on is a major release. So unless Pre 3 is getting WebOS 3.0 (which according to HP it is WebOS 2.0 -- watch the hands on, the lady says it like 2 times at least). So yea ...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I would rather have a great OS on good hardware over a good OS on great hardware.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    I'd get a Pre3 over the EVO3D. But EVO3D isn't very high on my list. My second choice would be the Nexus S 4G since it should get fast firmware updates.
    I have an Evo now but want the Pre 3. Android's multitasking is clunky imho. Plus I prefer a hardware keyboard for my needs. On paper, the Pre 3 has more than enough power to run webOS without a hitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I would rather have a great OS on good hardware over a good OS on great hardware.
    Very well said. It's about the user experience and not specs.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    Very well said. It's about the user experience and not specs.
    And i was actually being nice about Android...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    I have an Evo now but want the Pre 3. Android's multitasking is clunky imho. Plus I prefer a hardware keyboard for my needs. On paper, the Pre 3 has more than enough power to run webOS without a hitch.
    I have a Sprint Pre-. I keep eyeing the Evo Shift. There's nothing about the EVO3D that appeals to me more than the Evo Shift or the Pre 3.

I'll probably get the Pre 3 if Sprint carries it. Otherwise, I will probably give up on WebOS and buy some Android, probably the shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre-. I keep eyeing the Evo Shift. There's nothing about the EVO3D that appeals to me more than the Evo Shift or the Pre 3.

I'll probably get the Pre 3 if Sprint carries it. Otherwise, I will probably give up on WebOS and buy some Android, probably the shift.
    I'm leaning this way also...though I'd like a hands-on with the Nexus before I make a decision between that and the Shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    And i was actually being nice about Android...
    I hear ya. I switched from a dying Pre to an Evo and while it's faster there's not much more to say. WebOS with good hardware is the ticket.
    This is the humiliation i have to go thru..... went out to lunch with 2 of my coworkers one had a apple, other had an android both tried to check their network speeds using the speed test app. I didn't have the app so i checked the app catalog lo and behold i found one wasn't the same as theirs but looked promising enough done after installing i fired up the thing....FAIL it didn't work for crap....this is exactly what I'm talking about. We have a real gem of a OS here but no developers.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Other. Quite possibly iPhone 5.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    OK, I will give you the Sense since now I think about it ... HTC Sense 2.0 is being launched on EVO3D. But HP WebOS 2.0 and 2.1 and 2.2 is not like a new OS but just a new updated version of the same code, maybe a new feature or two. But I mean when your Pre 2 gets the webos 2.2 update it doesn't become less stable. And when your Pre gets 1.45 update or so on it doesn't become less stable. WebOS is not like Android where ever 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, so on is a major release. So unless Pre 3 is getting WebOS 3.0 (which according to HP it is WebOS 2.0 -- watch the hands on, the lady says it like 2 times at least). So yea ...
    I think its actually a newer version of sense. Not the one that comes with the thunderbolt. I read somewhere its sense 2.5 or 3 not sure. So that's gonna be a first along with gingerbread

Sent from my EVO Shift
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast