37 49.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who creeps you out more:

1) Creepy Palm Girl:

or

2) Creepy Sony Experia Girl:

***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    The sony commercials are excellent, and she isn't creepy at all.
    This is the creepy one... watch her at about 2:30 when she talks about inventory.

Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/22/2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Palms biggest mistake was not using her more. I think she is awesome!

Sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk pro!
    I think Palm hoped for the first part of your response but not the second...

Creepy vampire cadaver girl was just bizarre.
    Kristen Schaal is awesome. I've been a fan of hers since Flight of the Conchords.
    Confused about choice # 3
    " Both" together ?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    They both creep me out ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    What the heck are you smoking =)? Sony XPERIa Play commercials are incredibly funny/awesome. Palam Pre Girl was terrible.
    Um....that's not an AK, and those are shotgun shells on the belt!?!?!?

If I met either one at a bar, my mind would be screaming, "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!"
    The palm pre girl is just creepy.
    uh, kristen schaal isn't creepy. She's fairly recognizable and you know what you're going to likely get.

the palm pre girl was just.. whack.
    Tamara Hope isn't creepy.
    webOS failure wasn't because of the creepy lady. It was because of the lack of hardware quality, unfinished OS, delay on OS update and no developer support on apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    I agree. I don't think SHE was the creepy part of the commercial...it was the surreal dreamlike quality of the setting, the odd music and the fact that half the commercial was some sort of philosophical monologue that bothered me. They really washed her out too, almost made her look like she had albinism...which may have lent to the "creepiness" you all refer to.

As for Kristen Schaal...those commercials are all sorts of awesome. Quirky...not creepy.
    no, but the ad sure as hell was.

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    webOS failure wasn't because of the creepy lady. It was because of the lack of hardware quality, unfinished OS, delay on OS update and no developer support on apps.
    "creepy lady" is synonymous with extremely poor advertising. The rest are factors too, but great advertising can go a long way.

Then again, had they built a larger base, it'd be more people to **** off with all the delays. HP has one key thing going for it for me, form factor. And the Veer was sooo close. If it just had a removable battery, and CDMA.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    They are all entertaining. Watching all 3 videos brings up two mistakes in the Sprint Pre product lauch.

1. In store hands on experienc with savy sales people is important.
    2. Advertising appealing to emotions for
    modern smart phones needs to explain the product features in more detail if there is no life experience to relate to the advertised feature(s). The sony add use a heavy satirical humour on games, which many people are familiar with. The Palm advert tried to relate ease of use and functional simplicity with a zen-like, low stress lifestyle; yet, the features of the Pre were not explained well enough to inspire one to believe the Pre might simplify their life elegantly.
    1. I always thought that the whining about the "creepy Palm lady/Borg queen" was just that, whining. Palm's real problem with those commercials was that they never really explained why you would want to use their phone. (The closest they came was the juggling analogy.)
    2. As any Daily Show viewer knows, Kristen Schaal is freakin' adorable! Not creepy at all. I'd strafe with her any day.
    No she's not - she was just made to look creepy by Palm:

They should have paid megan fox to do Palm's commercials... you swipe like dat.. and you swoosh like dat... in the meantime you get a shot of her cleavage from an over the shoulder shot of her using the Pre. It woulda sold millions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

Yikes!

Do not ever show that picture again! She is even creepier than I remember.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast