Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry guys, I've been a Palm Pre (minus) Sprint subscriber from day one. The Pre is what brought me over from Verizon. It has been a good ride, but I just can't see Palm/HP keeping up with the Android/iOS/WP7 juggernauts (lesser emphasis and the WP7, but it still deserves mention).

Has anyone seen the leaked specs for the HTC EVO 3D? 4G, stereoscopic cameras, Hulu/Netflix, 4.3 inch qHD display, (somehow) slimmer than the original EVO, Gingerbread. This is just a tiny fraction of the list of stuff going on in this phone.

The only thing that concerns me is battery life, but you can't help but to admire the innovation in this upcoming device. Check out the thread here, and read BlueScreen's posts. Supposedly this person is an insider who actually worked on the EVO 4G and the new EVO 3D. A fascinating read.

EDIT:

More updated info on the EVO 3D from HTC official site (thx to all who sent messages): HTC - Products - HTC EVO 3D – Specification

All credit to user "milomindbender for this comparison chart (not complete yet, but does a great job of getting the point across): http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...-pre3-veer.png
    Last edited by a dumb cat; 03/23/2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    wow he says that all of sprints 4g phones will be compatible with wimax and lte. and the evo 3d will be the first true 4g phone with wimax and lte
    I'm frothing at the mouth to get rid of this oreo cookie, screen cracked, fuzzy audio jack son of a gun. Im gonna get the nexus s but I lose my upgrade april 1st, if its not available are we screwed??
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    wow he says that all of sprints 4g phones will be compatible with wimax and lte. and the evo 3d will be the first true 4g phone with wimax and lte
    I have long suspected that would happen. Ever since Sprint started talking about LTE and WiMAX being used.

And the EVO 3D seems to be totally capable of handling the iPhone 5. And HP better get the Pre 3 out before June because going up against the iPhone 5 and EVO 3D will be tough.
    So is this thing going to be like $300 on contract? Sounds like this thing could go up against just about any tablet...only with a smaller screen. As much as I like the sound of all this, I'd have a hard time justifying anything over $200. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    Cool posts, OP, but I - like many here, I am sure - am more wowed by user experience than GPUs that push 78 trillion megajoules or 50 bajillion triangles or processors that can double overclock their quad cores or whatevers.

Android has been a spec-leading platform for sometime, but it's still Android. I personally don't think the OS is as bad as some here make it out to be, but it multitasks very inconsistently and still lacks polish in a lot of areas - even after Honeycomb.

I'd much rather have a polished day in, day out experience with capable specs in a smaller, yet still usable form factor. That's what I'm looking for HP to deliver in the Pre 3 and/or Veer.
    I would too. But the EVO3D is the next best bet if Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint.
    Evo will be sold and Evo 3D will be my next phone.

I wish Sprint got some stronger Windows Phone 7 devices as i wanted to try that out.
    srsly wishing Best Buy had Buy Back when I got my Evo last year
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Meh, battery life will just be that much worse, which was never great with the EVO. Plus Android is not optimized to be power efficient. Things won't be getting better until they phase out old wireless tech and expand newer tech like 4G. And work on power management in Android.

But could make an awesome paper weight when the battery dies.
    draining a battery in 3 dimensions struck me as amusing.
  11.    #11  
    Cool posts, OP, but I - like many here, I am sure - am more wowed by user experience than GPUs that push 78 trillion megajoules or 50 bajillion triangles or processors that can double overclock their quad cores or whatevers.

Android has been a spec-leading platform for sometime, but it's still Android. I personally don't think the OS is as bad as some here make it out to be, but it multitasks very inconsistently and still lacks polish in a lot of areas - even after Honeycomb.

I'd much rather have a polished day in, day out experience with capable specs in a smaller, yet still usable form factor. That's what I'm looking for HP to deliver in the Pre 3 and/or Veer.
    Thanked for your funny first sentence.

I agree about user experience and webOS is an absolute joy to use. Friends are still awed by how easy I navigate my phone. But... that's all webOS has going for it.

Superior hardware, popularity (which affects app development), applications, content partnerships (Hulu, Netflix, etc. coming to all new Android phones, including the EVO 3D) are just some of the aspects where Android is succeeding in big ways. Android has already reached "critical mass" where everyone knows it will succeed and can feel confident developing and buying into the ecosystem. This is much like how Apple did with the inception of the App Store and release of the iPhone 3G.

I'm sure HP webOS has a chance to get there, but at the moment they are not gaining nor keeping pace with the competition. Their grasp on the mobile market is slipping with each new phone, tablet and application that is released for these other OSes.

I leave the door open to come back to webOS in a couple of years, because it just may be as great as the other platforms by then.

I couldn't have said it better. It's still an android device. I have an Evo now and know that I will never choose another android device due to its inconsistent multitasking.
    Meh, I'll just get a Nintendo 3DS for my 3D fix. I don't need my phone to do it all in 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Meh, battery life will just be that much worse, which was never great with the EVO. Plus Android is not optimized to be power efficient. Things won't be getting better until they phase out old wireless tech and expand newer tech like 4G. And work on power management in Android.

But could make an awesome paper weight when the battery dies.
    lol what?

Evo battery life for me has been better than the Pre hands down. Now take in account the dual core snapdragon is toted for its power efficiency and the fact the battery is 1740 mAh, i'm not too worried about the battery.

Btw, there are plenty of android devices with 24 hour battery life. A lot of the moto phones excel with battery.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I so wish HP would have just stepped on stage and threw a couple of Pre3s at Hesse like ninja stars... that ould have made my day!

Even tho I do want this.
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I saw the live feed of the event and then hands on with both the tablet and phone after. Have to say they both look pretty sweet. HTC really raised the bar on high-end comsumer phones today. But I think its clear that is not the market HP is going after. They want a nice, quality, stable device that business and goverment departments will buy in the hundreds and thousands. The people that make those purchases are not looking for the latest specs. Indeed, they don't want an "ecosytem" that is constantly changing like android is right now or something that is going to be updated constantly. They want something that gets the job done at an afordable price and that will be around long enough to justify the purchase. Thats one reason BB did so well for so long. Their devices were for a long time, in many respects, dull and behind what others had but they did what the IT departments wanted, were secure and reliable and didnt needed to be upgraded every 6 months.

+1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Everyone has their preferences, and I love webOS. All I know is that if Sprint doesn't pick up the Pre 3, I'll be very upset but I won't be complaining.

Between the Evo 3D, Nexus S 4G, and HTC Arrive, I'll have some pretty good devices to choose from. The Evo 3D is a beast!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Thats one reason BB did so well for so long. Their devices were for a long time, in many respects, dull and behind what others had but they did what the IT departments wanted, were secure and reliable and didnt needed to be upgraded every 6 months.
    How’s that been working out for BB the last couple years…?

-Suntan
    I found a couple of vids enjoy.. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast