Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    just looking at the quality of apps that android has over webos, i truly believe that evo3d/nexus4g are hands down the best user experience even over webos. MY friends watch ncaa on their phones, have netflix, hulu, all media i can't watch on my phone. also, they have apps for their favorite sports and for fantasy sports. I've been hoping for 1 1/2 years for a developer to make a fantasy sports app for basketball. really it shouldn't be that difficult to make. I mean cards used to be a big seling point but that advantage is taken away with htc's new sense on the evo3d.

Professionaly speaking, I need epocrates. The fact they don't think webos is worth their time to port over an existing application shows you that webos is going nowhere. Cmon guys they still develop for palm os. That is a sign in and of itself. SEcond the fact that 1 1/2 years and their office products are god awful. No editing? PDF viewer that freezes every single time. It's just plain embarassing.

I just can't wait anymore. This summer, I will be switching to android sorry to say. And if, webos ever gets a flood of cool apps like android/iphone, I will just buy a pre3. But I see no reason to suffer on pre3 playing the waiting game for essential or fun apps to come out that never do.
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    just looking at the quality of apps that android has over webos, i truly believe that evo3d/nexus4g are hands down the best user experience even over webos. MY friends watch ncaa on their phones, have netflix, hulu, all media i can't watch on my phone. also, they have apps for their favorite sports and for fantasy sports. I've been hoping for 1 1/2 years for a developer to make a fantasy sports app for basketball. really it shouldn't be that difficult to make. I mean cards used to be a big seling point but that advantage is taken away with htc's new sense on the evo3d.

Professionaly speaking, I need epocrates. The fact they don't think webos is worth their time to port over an existing application shows you that webos is going nowhere. Cmon guys they still develop for palm os. That is a sign in and of itself. SEcond the fact that 1 1/2 years and their office products are god awful. No editing? PDF viewer that freezes every single time. It's just plain embarassing.

I just can't wait anymore. This summer, I will be switching to android sorry to say. And if, webos ever gets a flood of cool apps like android/iphone, I will just buy a pre3. But I see no reason to suffer on pre3 playing the waiting game for essential or fun apps to come out that never do.
    Smart move. Why wait. When webos is mature you can always go back. Might as well have fun now, who knows what the future holds.

embarrassing indeed, last night my two friends each whipped out their phones to grab tunes from the air with shazam. The other day my two buddies were playing this word game against each other on android. Why live in tech purgatory? why wait? what are we waiting for? I'm all for coming back but why the hell wait when all these sweet phones are out there. And personally I love andriod and don't find it clunky at all, you'll only hear that from ******* who only remember the G1.
    HDMI output was not listed in the EVO 3D specs but in the accompanying paragraph it said you could play your 3D content to 3D tv via wireless connection or via HDMI cable. So am I correct in assuming the EVO 3D had HDMI output?
    Just a matter of time before being banned - simply because I recognize that HP is killing WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    HDMI output was not listed in the EVO 3D specs but in the accompanying paragraph it said you could play your 3D content to 3D tv via wireless connection or via HDMI cable. So am I correct in assuming the EVO 3D had HDMI output?
    yes it hdmi outs through the usb port
    I'm going to have to jump ship too.
    I've had and loved webOS for a long time. but i'm just in denial with my pre-minus(5th one).
    Personally i'm not getting it for the 3D feature, but the other specs did it for me.
    Battery life way my main deterrent for not getting the 4G, but the pros outweigh the cons with this one. An also want a smoother function, Google Voice app amongst the other Google services. oh and Words with Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    WP7 doesn't have pandora and won't be getting it so that's a dealbreaker. I've amassed thousands of likes/dislikes I just can't part with.
    I think this is because MS wants to push Zune pass instead. Even though it's $15 a month, I think it trumps Pandora. You can listen to whatever song/artist you want, as many times as you want.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I think this is because MS wants to push Zune pass instead. Even though it's $15 a month, I think it trumps Pandora. You can listen to whatever song/artist you want, as many times as you want.

Well if your paying for service off course u can play whom ever or whatever plus how many ever times, but Pandora is free service.
    Well it also has Slacker and i THINK last FM.

Pandora just isn't making an app right now, but if it gets popular enough i'm sure they'll jump in as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

Free > Paid, plus i use pandora to discover random music i wouldnt otherwise discover
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    On android and ios there are napster and rhapsody that does the same thing as zune pass for a lower price.
    Kind of...Neither offers the 10 songs to keep each month that Zune pass offers. That's a pretty good leg-up for the zunepass.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    Well, its official. I am abandoning WebOS. I got the original Pre from Sprint on day 1 and still have it (def not the same one since the hardware sucks). But the EVO 3D is way better than the Pre 3 in my opinion. I still may buy the Pre3 for my wife if it is significantly cheaper than the EVO 3D, but I can't see paying the same price since the phones are on two different levels. Hopfully it comes out soon!
    I'm gonna wait to see what the specs of the iphone5 will be before I decide.
    Ignore the gimmicky 3D screen. The stereoscopic cameras are the neat feature. They can greatly improve augmented reality (see some of the Nintendo 3DS examples), and make wide-angle panoramas easier (automatic parallax correction).

The original EVO was no doubt a huge success. This EVO is going in that same direction already. The size of the Android community is just too much to ignore or dismiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    That would be cool! Plus you have to start somewhere to get to the matrix!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I am going to miss having all of my contacts and facebook stuff sync up...
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    You do know that android also does this right? It also does it a lot better than webos.
    Better?

No, I did not know that...I haven't paid much attention to Android since I passed on the first Evo...

Don't think I can wait for Pre 3 unless this phone costs too much...
    The EVO 3D stolen my heart too.
    What worries me more (also if I'm not from the US) is that pre3 will be launched sometimes in the summer...exactly like the EVO 3D.
    Spec aren't quite on par...
    Just my thought
    One of my coworkers just got a Thunderbolt so this was my first time playing with Android.
    It is a huge, HEAVY phone, that Evo 3D will be a monster.
    Anyways, I was missing the back swipe from Web OS but I think I could get used to Android with time.
    The palm pre is a tiny phone in comparison but it actually weighs just a little more than the Atrix 4g.
    The overall volume 'body size' of the 4" Atrix 4G at 4.99 in³ is slightly smaller Pre at 5.86 in³. The Atrix at 4.76 oz is slightly lighter than the Pre at 4.89 oz.

The Atrix 4G overall body size at 4.99 in³ is closer to Veer (4.2 in³) than the Pre 3 (6.94 in³).

But regardless, these are all small, light, and fast. The weight difference between the littlest and biggest phones is about two ounces. Get the one that works best for you.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/28/2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Yeah...I've really been debating about what to do and, like you, will probably end up going with the Nexus or Evo 3D. I'm leaning Nexus, though I'd like a hands-on with it before deciding. HP really just hasn't put in enough effort to hold onto me for now. I'll definitely keep a close eye on where this all is going and, when my time to upgrade comes, will make a final decision then. If the app catalog looks good (and I don't just mean promising or hopeful...I need to see real apps in real use, being updated and maintained and supported)...I'll probably have a tougher decision to make. I'm not expecting a big change between now and then, but I suppose it could happen.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast