• Flash

What I miss about the Pre
    • WebOS, its style and intuitive interface
    • Preware and the ability to patch
    • WebOS community
    • Music Apps especially Music Remix and the WebOS Ampache apps
    • WebOS, did I mention that already??

Gx
    1. WebOS style is nice and something I miss as well.
    2. Don't miss this at all, most things I did with patches I can do with apps (and i'm rooted and my custom ROM added a lot of features I liked as well.
    3. Thats why i stick around here...love the webOS community (well, most of them).
    4. Try this: https://market.android.com/details?i...pz.audioplayer
    I miss the touchstone. Music controls in notification area. Music pausing for youtube and other music apps. Cards.

Love androids battery, apps and all around speed.

An awesome music app is: Music Player pro
    https://market.android.com/details?i...playerprotrial

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    i dont miss webOS !! how can you miss what you still have !!! lol ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I miss the touchstone. Music controls in notification area. Music pausing for youtube and other music apps. Cards.

Love androids battery, apps and all around speed.

An awesome music app is: Music Player pro
    https://market.android.com/details?i...playerprotrial
    What phone did you get?
    optimus s from a friend who said the screen was too small. Activated on sprint right before the $10 fee. Yay. This is to hold me off until Evo2 or Sprint HP phone.

Why Does sense have those things?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    optimus s from a friend who said the screen was too small. Activated on sprint right before the $10 fee. Yay. This is to hold me off until Evo2 or Sprint HP phone.

Why Does sense have those things?
    Yep. It also has a music widget on the lockscreen. Like Webos.
    A thing I HATE on Android: (Which has the worst stock music player app of any OS!!)

My bluetooth stereo deck play/pause button will always play the default music app.

Only way to get it working with other apps is to play from the app I want to use. Then it's fine until next time I get in the car.

WebOS and iOS do this perfectly.

With the pre I could keep the phone in my pocket and play/pause would play what was last used.

It's official, Google Nexus S 4g with integrated Google Voice will come to Sprint this Spring.

Google Nexus S 4g With Wimax Announced For Sprint

Sprint Google Voice Getting Tight Integration
    This might be the phone that gets me to switch away from webOS. My original Sprint Pre's 2nd battery is dying, and I'm not sure I want to wait 6 months to find out what HP is going to do with Sprint....
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I truly adore webOS, but this tempts me a little bit. I'm good for my one-year upgrade till they change the freaking Premier rules on the 1st. If I don't upgrade now I can't upgrade for a year, so even if the Pre 3 comes to Sprint, I'll want to wait for the damn Pre 4 by then.
    This phone doesn't tempt me at all. I mean I love the phone and I know it is a powerful device (my dad has the Samsung Epic 4G -- which the Nexus S is that phone without the keyboard) but thats the thing ... the Epic was last years greatest phone (in my opinion it's better then the EVO 4G) and yet it's coming out this year with no actual improvements. I guess this is how some people feel about the Pre 3, but in the case of the Nexus S it really is last years tech. Nothing at all has changed. And when I buy a phone for two years I want to make sure in a few months I wont want another phone thats better and to me, the Pre 3 or EVO 3D will be that type of phone (EVO 3D is the phone to get if Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint in my mind).
    Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

Sprint, Samsung Introduce Nexus S 4G

By Sascha Segan, ARTICLE DATE: 03.21.11

Sprint, Samsung Introduce Nexus S 4G

ORLANDO—If AT&T takes over T-Mobile, where can Google turn to support its "pure" Android phones? How about Sprint? Sprint and Samsung today introduced the Nexus S 4G, Sprint's first pure-Google Android phone and the first stock Android phone with WiMAX.

Geeks and developers like "stock Android" for a bunch of reasons. Stock Android phones get new versions of Android first, because they don't have to spend months getting manufacturer overlays reprogrammed. They're easily hackable, and developers like them because they interface well with Google's developer tools. Some people also say Google's stock experience is more elegant than manufacturer overlays like HTC Sense, but that's a matter of taste.

"Sprint Nexus S 4G customers will be among the first to receive Android software upgrades and new Google mobile apps. In many cases, the device will get the updates and new apps as soon as they are available," Sprint says in a press release.

The Nexus S 4G is just what it sounds like. It looks like T-Mobile's Samsung Nexus S, an elegant black slab with a slightly curved 800x480, 4-inch display, and its 1GHz processor and other features are on par with the popular Samsung Galaxy S series. The Nexus S is, so far, the only Android 2.3 phone on the market, and the only retail phone in the U.S. to feature NFC technology, which banks have said may be used for mobile payments in the future.

As the name implies, this phone also has Sprint's 4G WiMAX, which should give the phone download speeds of 3-8Mbps in about a third of the U.S.A. The phone also works on Sprint's 3G CDMA network and has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, working as a 3G or 4G mobile hotspot for up to 5 devices. There's 16GB of memory on board.

Sprint's press release for the Nexus S also heavily promotes Google Voice, Google's system for using one phone number across multiple devices and the Web.

"Sprint Nexus S customers also will be able to easily use their current Sprint wireless phone number as their Google Voice number without having to port their number, avoiding porting charges and potential service disruptions," the Sprint press release says.

Does this mark a shift for Google to use Sprint as a preferred partner for a developer phone? Maybe. Remember that the vast majority of phones in the world use the GSM technology rather than Sprint's CDMA, and Google still wants to make Nexus phones for the GSM world. If AT&T and T-Mobile merge, they'll become the only nationwide US GSM carrier. That means Google will probably have to deal with AT&T whether or not it wants to.

Sprint's Nexus S will be available "this spring" for $199.99 with a two-year contract, Sprint says. I'll get hands-on with this new phone later this week here at the CTIA trade show in Orlando.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    The nexus S has one thing over all the other android phones and that is you do not have to wait on samsung or sprint to approve an update.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    This might be the phone that gets me to switch away from webOS. My original Sprint Pre's 2nd battery is dying, and I'm not sure I want to wait 6 months to find out what HP is going to do with Sprint....
    I agree 100%, this is the one phone right now that has me reconsidering my loyalty to HP/Palm. My battery is also on its way out and I am not sure how much longer I can wait. I know its old news but I became disillusioned after this: “HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn’t have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship.”
    It bums me out, I am really hoping HP can get its act together ad give me something better than "summer".
    <<Sprint Nexus S 4G Announcement Threads Merged>>
    Pre-sale of the Sprint Nexus S 4G starts today at BestBuy.
    Sprint Nexus S 4G Pre-Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Pre-sale of the Sprint Nexus S 4G starts today at BestBuy.
    Sprint Nexus S 4G Pre-Sale
    Pre-ordered mine at Sprint store today!
    I had Android (EVO) and it is ok, want to give the iPhone5 a run, rumors have it that it will be 4" size so have to told on to my pre till summer.
    I was excited about this phone when it started leaking a few days ago. The vanilla Android implementation, without any of the garbage skins, appeals to me, as does the notion of direct-from-Google update support.

The Evo3D still has to rear its head tomorrow, though, and hopefully Sprint will announce an HP Pre3 as well (though I'm not holding my breath). Might explain why HP doesn't have any exhibits of their own at this event, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast