Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rumors are that the nexus s does not have a status light, is that true? If so it's a deal breaker, but I'm ready to dump webos and join the present
    I this is like the current one for sale then it won't have:
    notification
    720p video
    sd card slot

Those are the main downsides.

I still think ill get this phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I just saw this today, I love WebOs but I don't think I am going to wait around anymore. I will come back to Webos in the future. I have to see how the app market, carrier etc is going to be for HP. I am going to see what else Sprint might have in store at CTIA. If nothing else grabs my attention I am going to preorder my Nexus S.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    As much as I love Webos, I am still on the Sprint Pre Minus. I plan on getting a new phone after summer. I'm hoping that the Pre3 will be released on Sprint by then but if not, this phone is a real possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    This phone doesn't tempt me at all. I mean I love the phone and I know it is a powerful device (my dad has the Samsung Epic 4G -- which the Nexus S is that phone without the keyboard) but thats the thing ... the Epic was last years greatest phone (in my opinion it's better then the EVO 4G) and yet it's coming out this year with no actual improvements. I guess this is how some people feel about the Pre 3, but in the case of the Nexus S it really is last years tech. Nothing at all has changed. And when I buy a phone for two years I want to make sure in a few months I wont want another phone thats better and to me, the Pre 3 or EVO 3D will be that type of phone (EVO 3D is the phone to get if Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint in my mind).
    the nexus is not the epic 4g without the keyboard. it dosent have touchwiz to make it crappier and slower, and it comes with gingerbread and it will most likely get any new android update 1st.
    I was talking spec wise. I know it does not have Touchwiz that's obvious. But I did say tech and not OS
    And it does have NFC which could be a plus or minus. I don't k ow how I feel about it yet
    What will be the first phone to get 2.4? This one.

Decision made.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    May require up to a $36 activation fee/line, credit approval and deposit. Up to $200 early termination fee/line applies. Phone Offer: Offer ends 06/04/11. While supplies last. $399.99 (two-year price) - $200.00 (instant savings) = $199.99 (final price). Taxes and service charges excluded. No cash back. Requires activation at the time of purchase. Upgrade: Existing customers in good standing with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months currently activated on a service plan of $39.99 or higher may be eligible. See in-store rebate form or Sprint.com/upgrade for details. Other Terms: Coverage not available everywhere. Sprint 4G network reaches over 70 markets and counting, on select devices. Sprint 3G network reaches over 271 million people. See sprint.com for details. Offers not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. Pricing, offer terms, fees and features may vary for existing customers not eligible for upgrade. Other restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Google Nexus S 4G Shipping for Sprint on April 6 at $199.99 « Specs, Reviews, News and Price Info - MobileWhack

To date Google’s Android has seen itself installed on a whole slew of different devices predominantly ranging from smartphones to tablets. Unfortunately, due to the rate at which Google releases new builds of Android hardware manufacturers have lagged behind in getting out these new updates to their hardware offerings. Luckily, Google has two different phones on the market in the form of the Nexus One and Nexus S manufactured by HTC and Samsung, respectively that both feature Android ‘Gingerbread’ 2.3.3 – the platforms latest build.

Arkansas: iPads Sold For $23.54!Arkansas: iPads Sold For $23.54High Ticket Items Are Being Auctioned Off For Up To 90% Off! Learn More Now!
    The Nexus S, in particular, has been applauded for its up-to-date specs even going so far as to include an NFC chip for things like mobile payments. But, it’s also been criticized by some for not featuring connectivity with any of the wireless carriers’ recently rolled out 4G networks. Luckily, we’ve known for quite some time that Google and Samsung would be going on to release the Nexus S 4G for Sprint which, quite obviously, features compatibility with Sprint’s 4G WiMAX network. However, while we’ve known of the device’s existence we haven’t known exactly when it will be made available.

Well, thanks to a listing recently posted by Best Buy we now know that Google’s Nexus S 4G will begin shipping on April 6th – only 2 days from the time at which this article was posted. Price wise the Nexus S 4G is said to run $199.99 with a 2-year contract which is on par with just about every other high end smartphone on the market today
    Man Arkansas has really cheap ipads....lol
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I went to Best Buy & looked @ a TMo Nexus S & it's a Really nice phone! Feels good & is real fast. Might be getting the Sprint one when it comes out, unless I decide to wait on the Evo 3D or if HP releases that slab phone early enough. Rather stick with webOS, but can't wait much longer with my Pre-.
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    I went to Best Buy & looked @ a TMo Nexus S & it's a Really nice phone!
    Agreed. Spent 20 minutes or so with one and walked away pretty excited for the Sprint version.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    rumors are that the nexus s does not have a status light, is that true? If so it's a deal breaker, but I'm ready to dump webos and join the present
    I had almost written this phone off due to the lack of status light but then I saw the NoLED app NoLED - Android app on AppBrain. That is pretty sweet. Since the LEDs on the Super AMOLED screen are individually powered, it doesn't take any more power for the phone to utilize actual screen leds for a notification than it would to have a dedicated LED.

I'll miss webos too. I'll probably always be an HP/Palm fan but I'm not able to be a cheerleader anymore. They have just made too many mistakes for me to sink more money into the platform until they carve out some market share. I'm not sure they are even able to get US carriers for their newest products. I know that I'm not helping matters by leaving but I want a phone that has sufficient 3rd-party app support.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12