Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have to upgrade soon or face losing my upgrade and and not be able to get another phone til next year! Seeing all the platforms out. WM7, Android, or Blackberry? Or should I hold out? By next year there should be another webos phone
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that, it'll be tough, but are you looking for a phone that excels in work or play? Any form factor you prefer?
    I would get wp7 just for the adventure
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You get bored of WP7 after a few days, the novelty of the UI wears off pretty quick :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    You get bored of WP7 after a few days, the novelty of the UI wears off pretty quick :-/
    you def wont ive been using WP7 for months and have had android (evo) before and WP7 IMO is 2nd to Webos only. Its very clean, very fast and a very capable OS. I myself have used one of my upgrades to get the htc arrive (for 80 at wirefly, amazon may be cheaper now). Android to me is very clunky and problematic not a very innovated OS at all, and still reminds me of WM6 with SPB shell skin ontop of it. I would recommend the HTC Arrive highly.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Yeah I have WP7 running on my HD2 (dual boots Android) and I keep coming back to my Pre+. There's just something missing from WP7 that I can't put my finger on, although I do like it the best out of all the other OS's out there.
    ?? You have to upgrade? Well I would buy a Pre 2 and make it a Franken Pre 2. I did it with my VZW Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    ?? You have to upgrade? Well I would buy a Pre 2 and make it a Franken Pre 2. I did it with my VZW Pre 2.
    i def want to do this since i have a pre plus on sprint vz version on 2.1, i want to upgrade it to the pre 2. One of the techs here that helps me in learning linux has one, (also helps me give advise on bugs on here) and its def nice. Problem is most Pre 2's are at the min 300 and then id have to buy another pre minus and swap the boards. Unless of course i get lucky and find someone selling a sprint pre 2 already converted.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    i def want to do this since i have a pre plus on sprint vz version on 2.1, i want to upgrade it to the pre 2. One of the techs here that helps me in learning linux has one, (also helps me give advise on bugs on here) and its def nice. Problem is most Pre 2's are at the min 300 and then id have to buy another pre minus and swap the boards. Unless of course i get lucky and find someone selling a sprint pre 2 already converted.
    if i read your post correctly, you have a pre plus on sprint right now? you should be able to put the sprint comm board in your pre plus in the pre 2. no need to buy another, unless you want to keep the pre plus the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    if i read your post correctly, you have a pre plus on sprint right now? you should be able to put the sprint comm board in your pre plus in the pre 2. no need to buy another, unless you want to keep the pre plus the way it is.
    yeah I wanted to keep the plus version too, plus since the orignal pre is like 20 or 30 dollars on ebay so no need to take apart my plus version since its in very good shape. I intend to sell it once I get a convert Pre 2 (already done) or a pre 2 cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I have to upgrade soon or face losing my upgrade and and not be able to get another phone til next year! Seeing all the platforms out. WM7, Android, or Blackberry? Or should I hold out? By next year there should be another webos phone
    Go to Android. Its a really fun operating system. Its not hard to use AT ALL! Don't let people scare you into thinking its overly complicated. The OS multitask, just not in the same way as webos. I actually think it multitask more efficiently than Webos. In the end the choice is yours. If you don't like Android you can just take it back.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    <<thread moved>>
    yeah def go into a store and play with each OS and pick one from there, but just dont go through sprint if you can help it. Do a letstalk, wirefly, or bestbuy so you dont have to pay for a rebate up front, and also it will be cheaper.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    hmm thank you for all the responses. I will check out windows mobile 7 and see its its cool, if not maybe an evo will go to best buy
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    If battery life is a factor you really ought to consider the iPhone too. Android devices in particular tend to need recharging more than once a day.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    If battery life is a factor you really ought to consider the iPhone too. Android devices in particular tend to need recharging more than once a day.
    well sadly, sprint doesnt off iphones lol. i wish switchin carriers was easy but the contract im in benefits my family the most. The downside is nothing but android and and most recently windows mobile are availabe. (No Torch no BM for me. ) i would love to stick to webos but the phones hardware is extremely limited and outdAted by todays standards. im a heavy browser and texter. The phone that does this best, is for me.
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I would go with the BlackBerry if email is something that's important or if having a business phone is important. Otherwise don't go to the BB. Window Phone 7 only if you want a clean, easy to use OS and app's aren't that important to you. And Android if you want the most features and apps you can on Sprint. Whichever type of person you are ... choose the best OS that fits your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I would go with the BlackBerry if email is something that's important or if having a business phone is important. Otherwise don't go to the BB. Window Phone 7 only if you want a clean, easy to use OS and app's aren't that important to you. And Android if you want the most features and apps you can on Sprint. Whichever type of person you are ... choose the best OS that fits your needs.
    I upgraded my Pre- (it died on me just wouldnt boot up didn't want a refurb) to a BB Curve 3G on 3/13/11 and been using it for a week. A good phone if you are going to use personal email, but if you are going to access your job exchange email (enterprise email) there's a extra charge on your sprint bill call them to make sure though. In my case the charge is $20 a month. I've exchanged the phone for the HTC Arrive 3/20/11 before they could bill me the $20 and after using it a day must say i'm very satisfied. Exchange email setup is the easiest i've encountered, with my Pre- and iPhone (the orginal and 3G before i switched to sprint) i've had to set this up manually, with WP7 I simply typed in my email address and password for the job and that's it. Plus no extra $20 charge on my bill. I use the word and exel in the Office app to do basic editing on docs in my email before i got to work this morning so a big plus for me there. I do miss webOS but this phone has without fail filled the void it left me with and then some. As astraith said give the OS's a try and see which suits your needs and wants better. There's also the Android OS, i've little experience with it so can't comment on it.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I went ahead and got a Droid Incredible from Verizon, and i'm happy with it. I still love webOS, but I wanted something new.

webOS is much more elegant.
    ...edited...
    Agreed.

I will say that way back when I first went to the store to play with smartphones, the Androids available at the time felt a bit confusing, the Pre was the only one that I felt like I had it down with 5 minutes of playing with it. This added with the incentive of getting the free wifi tethering (Verizon) led me to pick the Pre.

Fast forward a contract in time, I played with the Thunsderbolt at the Verizon store and I still didn’t feel like I understood completely how to work it, but I have no doubt that with a little more dinking with it and everything will be fine.

I understand someone “preferring” WebOS, but anyone suggesting that they can’t get other phones to work right is either underestimating themselves, or just being dramatic.

-Suntan
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/03/2011 at 09:16 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast