12 85.71%
  • Would you rather not combine them?

1 7.14%
  • Don\'t know

0 0%
  • Don\'t care

1 7.14%
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen the new Kyocera color palm phone out yet? I am very interested in the all-in-one devices, but don't like the thumb board, but want color (so the Treo180G-Grafiti won't do). The kyocera looked pretty good. Anyone have one or played with one?
    My wife and I are both with you, we want combination color PDA Phones but don't want thumbboards. Therefore my wife and I are waiting for the Kyocera we have heard so much about.

Sorry Handspring, I want to buy a Treo but you have chosen to give up on grafitti and we have not!
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Maddog - Give it up man! The Treo keyboard is so much nicer than graffiti. I was hardcore graffiti too. I looked at the Treo's pre-270 and was happy to see a graffiti version, thinking that's what I would buy. When the 270 came out, no graffiti, I bought it anyway and am now so much faster on the device. I bought it in July.

As for the Kyo, I am buying one for my wife the day it's released. It is an awesome device. I prefer us to be on different services anyway, T-Mobile for me, and VZW for her. I check everyday for the 7135, still not out.... no pre-orders... sigh...
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    Maddog - Give it up man! The Treo keyboard is so much nicer than graffiti. I was hardcore graffiti too. I looked at the Treo's pre-270 and was happy to see a graffiti version, thinking that's what I would buy. When the 270 came out, no graffiti, I bought it anyway and am now so much faster on the device. I bought it in July.

As for the Kyo, I am buying one for my wife the day it's released. It is an awesome device. I prefer us to be on different services anyway, T-Mobile for me, and VZW for her. I check everyday for the 7135, still not out.... no pre-orders... sigh...
    Why do you prefer seperate carriers? If you have the same carrier you can do one of those sharing plans with free minutes between the phones.
    Blanket coverage baby! With GSM (worldwide) and CDMA for USA, we can go anywhere and have at least one of us with a signal. Plus, ever since they added cross-carrier SMS, I have no reason to switch either of us. The savings would be minimal, we are both on $30 plans. I think T-Mo's family rate is $60? no? She won't change anyway... :-)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just picked up a T-Mobile SideKick and it has no stylus, just a thumb board and buttons. It works great, I can't see myself chatting on AIM using graffit.
    I believe the keys are spaced less tightly on the sidekick though, but so far I am not missing grabbing for the stylus to write notes,compose email and chatting on AIM etc... I am much faster with this thumboard and scroll wheel than I am with graffiti, just waiting for the copy paste option that is coming soon. Danger (who makes the sidekick) has been great responding to questions I have emailed to them, usually hear back in a couple of hours from them.

Originally posted by BladeZ
    Maddog - Give it up man! The Treo keyboard is so much nicer than graffiti. I was hardcore graffiti too. I looked at the Treo's pre-270 and was happy to see a graffiti version, thinking that's what I would buy. When the 270 came out, no graffiti, I bought it anyway and am now so much faster on the device. I bought it in July....
    I'm very interested in the Kyocera 7135. It looks to pack a lot of features into a well designed phone. The idea of a Smartphone being a phone first and a PDA second appeals more to me on a day to day usage basis.
    I'm actually waiting to see if Sony will put phone capabilites into a Clie. But the Kyocera 7135 is nice.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    I'm actually waiting to see if Sony will put phone capabilites into a Clie. But the Kyocera 7135 is nice.
    That's exactly something that's been discussed at SmartphoneTalk.com.
    I can't see myself chatting on AIM using graffit.
    I chat using Grafiti all the time, actually, on my Kyocera 6035. It does get painful if you need to chat for more than 7 minutes at a time (yes, I actually timed it once) but it is quick and useful. When I need to chat for longer, I usually resort to the hideaway keyboard. But then usually if I need to chat more than 7 minutes, I am by a computer where I can use the more robust AIM client on my Mac!

For me, a thumbboard is a good idea for some things, but not for most things. I actually mistype more letters (big fingers) than I mis-grafiti them. Actually, technically, I use JOT which is a variant of Grafiti used in PocketPCs which CIC makes available for PalmOS devices.