1.    #1  
    I'm at my last straw, my pre- battery has truly done itself in on me. I pulled it off the charger an hour ago, made one 5 min call and received a ~7min call when it just died. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks, Dr. battery has been run and reports my battery is 1/2 its original capacity. but the fact is my pre turns itself on when it oreos, is touched or even looked at in a funny way.

So I can invest 30 in a new battery, but that wont solve the problem.

If I don't hear anything in the next week on new hardware I will be forced to use my upgrade. Any advice on the LEAST painful device I could move to (on sprint)? any decent vertical android sliders?
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/19/2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: baiting
    if Dr. Battery is reporting 50% battery health then your battery is dying. I know the pre isn't that power saving phone, but your battery health is not helping either. Go get yourself another battery.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I would say evo shift 4g.

Actually, I would say go into your junk electronics drawer and yank out yer old dumbphone and use that for another two months. But you'd probably go crazy.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I got a new battery and upgraded my Sprint Pre- to 2.1.0 and my battery life is great. It was terrible before. If you are having problems with the phone randomly turning off, you may have a problem with intermittent battery contact. Put a small piece of paper folded up in there to bias the battery toward the contacts.
    Batteries don't last forever. You canget them for about $3 apiece right now (shipping included in some cases). I would buy a few to last until your next phone upgrade.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    When your battery is at 80% original capacity it's considered dead so 50 is ridiculous. All you have to so is go to the sprint store and they'll replace it for free if u have TEP.
  8.    #8  
    batterys are cheap Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories $3
    Thanks but at this point after 2 weeks its the Oreo turning the phone on in my pocket, and then the battery is just crapping out.

Looking at this, doing some research so I don't get stuck with a phone I'll hate, the 512 ram looks promising but losing the intuitive multitasking will be painful. looking at mods i can pull off to it to get a 'card view'

I got a new battery and upgraded my Sprint Pre- to 2.1.0 and my battery life is great.
    I jumped up to 2.1 as soon as the scripts came out! I have to say I'm not as impressed as I hoped I would be. my messaging app lags the entire phone like crazy, don't remember this from 4.5. and the new launcher pages are well eh. I have even doped my over clocking I was doing on 4.5 because I cant keep the battery alive.

When your battery is at 80% original capacity it's considered dead so 50 is ridiculous. All you have to so is go to the sprint store and they'll replace it for free if u have TEP.
    Tried, the guy told me he cant test palm batterys to see if its dead.

over all I feel like the pre- is almost 2 years old for me and overdue for a replacement with how ruff i am on phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    ...however I wouldn't buy another Palm product ever
    That works out perfectly because Palm stopped making products last spring.

However there is this company, HP, that has been making great products since about 1939. They have some new stuff coming out in a few months. You should take a look at some of those!
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Get thee to ebay. A holdover Palm Pre awaits.

Better yet, get a Pre Plus and FrankenPre it.
    WP7 baby! HTC Arrive is finally at Sprint stores this weekend. If you haven't seen WP7 in action you are in for a treat.
    batteries are $3-$4 on amazon. With it turning on in your picket from oreo, sounds like it might be the loose headset jack problem. People have fixed this by wedging a thin piece of plastic behind the jack. Might want to place a piece of paper to wedge the battery against the contacts too. I can't link you to the loose headset jack issue right now but I can when I get home or you can search the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post

Yes I would do this if I were in ur situation. The shift is one if the best of not the best phone I ever owned. (I have owned mannyyyyy phones btw) and its really easy to get use to. I had a pixi for almost a year and the switch was easy . And if the card view multitasking card view ur worried about there's a task switching app called itching thumbs or something like that which is just like webos multitasking.and not to mention u can overclock this baby to 1.8 ghz stable!! It's super fast and no lag whatsoever. Ever
    Sent from my EVO Shift
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    I'm at my last straw, my pre- battery has truly done itself in on me. I pulled it off the charger an hour ago, made one 5 min call and received a ~7min call when it just died. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks, Dr. battery has been run and reports my battery is 1/2 its original capacity. but the fact is my pre turns itself on when it oreos, is touched or even looked at in a funny way.

So I can invest 30 in a new battery, but that wont solve the problem.

If I don't hear anything in the next week on new hardware I will be forced to use my upgrade. Any advice on the LEAST painful device I could move to (on sprint)? any decent vertical android sliders?
    sprint's ctia annoucement is next week. They're expected to announce the nexus s 4g, evo 3d and motorola atrix. If I were you I would try and wait till tuesday if not the evo shift is an excellent slider and they just released a win7 slider too. (HTC arrive releases 3/20/11)
    Last edited by m3grady2; 03/19/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    honestly I have tried the shift and word of advice dont do it. The best android still on sprint is the EVO. The Epic i had as well for a few months though is more mobile then the evo, touch wiz is horrid. Now I have been using a work phone WP7 the htc surround and must say WP7 OS is a pleasure to use. The VK, and Browser is the best around, and its very clean and easy to use better then Android IMO hands down. It has over 10k in the market place, and sprint is launching the HTC Arrive tomarrow. The reviews look very good on it from most main reviewers, and it comes with the NODO update installed already. I would try that out, if you cant wait for the next gen Webos devices, or if you dont want to buy or frankenpre your device (which I too highly recommend, since even the VZ pre has not only more ram, but better build quailty I have one of those myself running on sprint).
  16.    #16  
    well went to a sprint store today through a lot of monkeying around I have a replacement pre- coming. Not super thrilled but should be able to make it last 4 months, if not after playing with the evo I think thats where Ill end up. Leaning away from moving parts on my phones.